General Discussion 
 A few plot questions...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Tuesday, January, 07, 2003 12:23 AM
If you actually think about it you can actually determin the size of the grid bug. Well, kinda. Remember their on a grid. Now compare that grid to the one Clu is on with the tank and well, I guess a grid bug is about the same size as a tank if not bigger.
AHHHHHH!

Just a thought.
I would suspect they're bigger than a program. That would make them very dangerous.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, January, 07, 2003 12:34 AM
True.

You could also use the video game as something of a possible answer. While it doesn't jive with your example, it does at least imply they're about the same height as a program.

Either way, they're formitable.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Sunday, January, 26, 2003 10:12 PM
I guess I have another question now.

Why is Dumont's name the only one that's the same in both worlds?

Hmmmm...abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Sunday, January, 26, 2003 10:17 PM
Actually his Users name was Walter. I think his name is only mentioned once in the whole movie, and by Dillinger.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Program BASIC
User

BUGS ev'rywhere!

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 8:39 AM
The Grid Bugs are supposed to be what they are. Bugs. Imperfections. Temporary short-life freaks of the electronic nature. So I guess they came off from nowhere and ended into nowhere just a little bit after the Sailor overflew them. Maybe. They are dangerous because they're basically imperfections, "errors" in the system. Incidents.
Again, "TRON" was ahead of its time because BUGS weren't everyone's business coming back in 1982. I bet Videogamers didn't know about them at all!

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

Esotek
Sector Admin

Walter/Dumont

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 9:14 AM
Yes, Dumont's User's name is Walter Gibbs. It might even be Dr. Walter Gibbs but we never hear that title in the movie.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 9:28 AM
Ah, I guess I subconciously presumed his name was Walter Dumont.

DOH!

Wierd huh.

Program Basic, are you STILL talking about the "ahead of it's time" thing?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

--Spock

Program BASIC
User

Mmmmm

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 12:26 PM
Oh-Uh! No, just the "Grid Bugs" thing I suppose... what's your opinion on my version? :Oorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 1:39 PM
Well, I do like the idea that they might have actually been 'looking down on them' from the Solar Sailer and just commenting in passing as you suggest. I didn't think of it like that. I had thought they were looking at some kind of monitor and analyzing what objectives they had ahead of them, but that was just presumption too. However, no matter how it's addressed, from a literary standpoint they didn't serve the story whatsoever and in the end appear more to be just an opprotunity to toss in some special effects shot that didn't really go anywhere.

But that doesn't mean I didn't like the shot. I'm, you know, just sayin'...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

Lew
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 10:24 AM
"4. Where did Bit go after the Recognizer crashed? Did it kill him/it?"

If you look closely as Flynn leaves the crashed Reco a 'force field' rezzes up across the front of the Reco and traps the Bit inside.

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 11:00 AM
Hey! That's right! I didn't notice that before!

Thanks!

--Spock

tron_fanfare
User

question #1

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 6:31 PM
#1:Flynn accidentally activated the recognizer when he rolls over and brushes his finger againse a curcuit path on the floor (watch the bottom of the screen his finger is tapping in time with the sound beep...tap...beep...tap...) the power was drawn from flynns hand

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

Nikster
User

I *think* I noticed something....

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 6:44 PM
I could not sleep last night, so I watched Tron again. I might be on crack, but it looked like Ram and Sark's assistant dude were wearing the same costume...just for Ram it was lit up blue and for the other dude it was red. Gotta save on the budget somehow, I guess

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Esotek
Sector Admin

Bit Part

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 7:09 PM
-----"4. Where did Bit go after the Recognizer crashed? Did it kill him/it?"----

What I heard was that they planned to have Bit throughout the movie but due to time and money problems his appearance was short. I believe he is included in most, if not all of the scripts.

In this draft Bit is even in the final scenes...

http://www.talisman.org/~erlkonig/misc/tron-script4.htmlorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Trace
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 04, 2003 8:10 PM
Nikster, that's an interesting observation about Ram and Peter. I imagine they did indeed design "general" costumes, like the guards who are all the same. I'm going to pay attention to that the next time I watch it

foilism
User

Blooper missing?

on Wednesday, February, 05, 2003 8:00 AM
I was watching it again a few days ago and i tried to notice the boom microphone that pops up in the lower area of the shot - that we all know about surely - and I don't think it was there. Did the SE DVD get rid of it?

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 A few plot questions...