Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 God bless the valiant crew of Columbia...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TheJediUnit
User

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 11:03 AM
As I'm sure thousands, maybe a million fellow north Texans did, I heard the Columbia's entry. Unable to register what it really was, I just thought it was something bad happening at the nearby train intersection or with some of the new home construction around here. Used to hearing noises around here, I'd dismissed it until my mom called from southeast Texas, then it soaked in what I'd heard.

I understand the parts are localized around Palestine, not too far from here.

God, I'm just sick thinking about it and just cannot believe it.

All I know is they're all heros and will be honored for all time.

*proud heartfelt salute*on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Compucore
User

Heard about it 2 hours later

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 11:26 AM
Its hard to believe. I just turned on the tv this morning around 10:30 EST about it. I have already relayed about it. It makes me sick to hear about things like this and 9=11 tragedies.

Tis a sad day to hear about it.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

sondlar
User

:(

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 12:53 PM
It is a very sad day and they all shall be mourned and remembered. This was their job and they knew the risks but they were pioneers and faced it with honor.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Waiting for

Speeder
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 1:11 PM
Over here in the UK we still haven't seen it on TV. I heard it on the radio while I was in the car, I still can't quite believe it.

Speeder takes a minutes silence in their honour.
Their memeries will be with us for ever.

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Nikster
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 1:50 PM
When I got up this morning, my roommate told me about it and we watched it on TV. I remember when the Challenger went down too. This is so sad, but hopefully Nasa will continue.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

foilism
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 1:58 PM
It was on a sports radio channel i was listening to -- it seems far different to the challenger incident a while back, because they just dissapeared -- their mission was a complete success though, i wonder what went wrong.

Nikster
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 2:01 PM
They were talking about some of the tiles came off of the wings when the shuttle launched

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

tronclone
User

For the Colombia

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 2:55 PM
At times like these, mnay people rely on faith to get them through and many people question faith. All I can offer is to remember we are not alone and there is something bigger than us.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

I think I'm a Clone Now

Cheeto
User

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 4:42 PM
I've been watching the news all day. even when i went to get a haircut, every tv in the building was on a news channel. It's so sad, I can't believe something like this happend minutes before they landed.

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 6:10 PM
I didn't know about it till about 11:00 am when I checked my yahoo mail to look at research links for a class project. It's just terrible what happened. I hope NASA continues with it's program. I pray for the friends and families of the crew members.

*Sketch bows his head and has a moment of silence for the crew of the Columbia Shuttle*

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

shorty99
User

God Bless Them!

on Saturday, February, 01, 2003 11:59 PM
I hope their families can cope with the tragedy better knowing they died for their country(Yes, I know they didn't die in battle but they still was doing something for their country knowing it was a huge risk)!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

MowerMan
User

Sad indeed...

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 12:21 AM
I always seem to be watching these things...

I watched the Challenger explode, live at work. At GE Aerospace we watched launches, but it was not required. I went around telling people what happened (my boss was the first I told).

I was watching the NBC Today show when the first reports of 911 came through. I was watching before the second plane hit.

I was watching the NBC Today show this morning when the fiorst reports of the Columbia mishap came out. William McCool was a big Weezer fan also (a band I really like).

Me, I'm just a lawnmower. You can tell me by the way I walk

TriggerEXE
User

I remember...

on Sunday, February, 02, 2003 9:15 AM
I remember seeing the Challenger explosion when I was in 3rd grade or so. We were all watching the lift off and it suddenly exploded. I felt really sad and sick to my stomache for days afterwards. It brings back those old feelings seeing this. It just makes you wonder what's next. After so much tragety and all.

I have a feeling NASA will continue. They have before. When taking off or landing a shuttle, everything has to be just so. Very precise. One small flaw or mistake can be fatal. I am deeply saddened by all this. They will be missed. I have visited Kennedy Space Center and have seen the wall honoring the memory of fallen astronauts. I also saw a launch while there. I don't think I could bear being there when they etch more names into it. I still hold a great respect for space exploration, and wish it to continue. I'm sure most feel that way. When Challenger exploded, they shut down the space program for about two years. Now that they have the space station up there, they really can't afford to do that. Even if there weren't anything up there like that, I feel like they shouldn't discontinue the effort. If anything it should continue on to honor the memories of those who have lost their lives in the process.

May their spirits shine on in the hearts of all.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Trace
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 03, 2003 1:14 PM
It is a real shock and very sad. The space program will continue, though.

It's such a tragedy--especially since Israel had their first astronaut on that flight.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion