Other Sectors 
 UGH!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Sketch
Sector Admin

UGH!

on Sunday, February, 09, 2003 9:19 PM
Inspector Gadget the movie was on ABC...
I still can't believe what they did to Gadget!
My stomach churns at the thought of the dvd/vhs sequal. Man, the Gadget I remember was cool. Dense, but cool none the less. I still want to know what Disney was thinking when they made the movie! GAH!

Sorry. I hate to see a classic such as Gadget be turned into pure garbage by an unoriginal movie...

This gripe and moan cession was brought to you by a cute little gridbug.skreeee!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TriggerEXE
User

Go Go Gadget post!

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 12:32 PM
Hehe, yeah. Even though I love Inspector G, I didn't care for the movie. I think Matthew Broderick is a good actor, but he just wasn't right for this role. I'm glad he turned down the sequel.

Anyone see the really weird Inspector Gadget animated movie that aired on Nickelodeon recently? He...had a mustache. O_o... They don't even try to explain why. He just does. And he had that stupid car from the movie. I think it was Don Adams doing the voice, but I'm not sure. Classic Gadget toons will always be the best and brightest in my opinion.

*Listens to the Inspector Gadget remix* Go Gadget Go!

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, February, 10, 2003 3:13 PM
I guess I can remember when Herbie the lovebug and the Shaggy D.A. was cool too, until they were killed off with sequels... or wait, were they cool in the first place?

hm....

Well, I kinda feel sorry for Disney lately since they haven't turned out much of anything new lately. Everything is "number two's" this and "number two's" that. When they made Jungle Book 2, I was like "man, they need to think of something new... bad.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Nikster
User

HERBIE!!!

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 2:57 PM
Now that is a movie that needs to be remade...if they can do it CORRECTLY, anyway.

A CGI Herbie....yeah order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 3:05 PM
Well, as much as I'd agree that that would look cool, I'm totally burned out with the fact that Disney is remaking every film it's ever made... except Tron.

...the only one that truely would fit into and own the present day.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Nikster
User

Hmmm.....

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 3:12 PM
That IS true....

Guess that's what happens when your 'creativity' is guided by the bottom line. Make sequels to movies that made money..leave the other ones alone.

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Tuesday, February, 11, 2003 3:38 PM
Yea, and I guess I shouldn't be so hard on Disney for being guilty of creative stagnation when everyone has succumb to it, every drop of Hollywood and the boob-tube, but I can't help but expect better of them than the rest. The demeaning reality TV craze was an inevitability concidering the only writers the networks could even get anymore were totally tapped out. You don't need writers, creativity or brains (with writers or cast) to make a reality TV show. They're cheap to make and unfortunatly they still draw audiences of brain-dead cattle that can't seem to invest their time any other way.

I get the impression that from here on out that the entertainment industry, TV especially, will have an uncanny resemblance to that of the Roman colluseums, ebbing at the same pathetic low in both production, morality, intelligence, and viewer tollorance of what they dish out.

*sigh*

...just give us a dang Tron 2.0 movie people!! Gawd! We don't need anymore cartoon remakes or any more Touchstone anti-family garbage that would have Walt turn over in his grave. GIVE US ANOTHER TRON!

You've said all there is to say with those other features. There's no room in those creativity-numbed rehashed cartoons for any new messages, statements or stories. But, Tron 2.0 not only has limitless possibilities, but ones pertaining to the here and now. There is room for Tron to move forward into... new story... new messages... new statements... new adventure. It's clear to anyone with a pulse. It's a dang shame they're remaking every feature except the one that stands any chance of actually being any good.

Jehosiphats!

*steps off soap box and carries it underarm to next thread*

--Spock

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 UGH!