General Discussion 
 Was Alan all THAT noble?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
TheJediUnit
User

Re: Was Alan all THAT noble?

on Tuesday, June, 22, 2004 10:57 AM
gl Wrote:TRON was written to uncover any wrongdoings, and if they existed, shut it down (like any other programs). But that's cool, because the MCP was doing things it shouldn't have been

That is basicly the role of a "whistle blower."

But, do we know that the MCP was "consuming" programs that were not already Encom property? Had the MCP crossed any legal lines yet? Perhaps a this point it had only appropriated programs that were technically Encom property anyway.

I need to go back and read these two threads completely; I don't recall that being effectively argued, that the MCP had stolen anything that wasn't already Encom property.

Had it?

If not, the Tron program's ethical validity would be hard to argue in the real world.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Trace
User

on Tuesday, June, 22, 2004 3:57 PM
Both Ram and Crom were not part of Encom. The MCP also tells Sark that he's stolen some military programs. The MCP was in the business of world domination. On his way, anyhow.

I assumed Tron was a property of Encom that would be on sale in the future to other companies, like Norton Antivirus. It was a property that Alan was developing for Encom (to protect its own systems as well as be available for future sale).

Remember, too, we're dealing with a STORY. Having Tron "watchdog" the MCP is a plot point, a bit of information for us to understand who is and isn't the bad guy. You can't get too technical on a movie.

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, June, 23, 2004 8:53 PM
I seem to recall the MCP saying to Dillenger something along the lines of, "I'm disappointed with you, Dillinger. Do you have any idea how many systems I've broken into, how many programs I've appropriated?"

Sounds like a confession to me.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, June, 23, 2004 9:44 PM
Yes Tweaker he did mention that in the beginning of the moviwe when Dillinger and the MCP were alone. He did appropriate probablydouzens if not thousands of other programs along the way. I know for sure that there no numbers about how many there were appropriated. But there must be something to considered.

The Tweaker Wrote:I seem to recall the MCP saying to Dillenger something along the lines of, "I'm disappointed with you, Dillinger. Do you have any idea how many systems I've broken into, how many programs I've appropriated?"

Sounds like a confession to me.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Was Alan all THAT noble?