General Discussion 
 old school tron

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Cheeto
User

old school tron

on Saturday, March, 01, 2003 1:05 PM
Lol some guy on another forum i go to posted this. you race light cycles!!
I hope someone hasnt posted this already.

http://gltron.sourceforge.net/

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

Re: old school tron

on Saturday, March, 01, 2003 4:45 PM
I've seen it once before when I was scoping something else out on the net. I don't remember seeing it specifically here on Aurics site. The game is good as another alternative to what one other user had done here with the game.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

WOW!

on Saturday, March, 01, 2003 11:13 PM
KaBOOM! This game is GREAT! Thanks so much for the heads up, Cheeto. I guess I need to rummage through the other ones on this site to see if there's any other Mac ones. Dang, I'd have never guessed they'd have one for the Mac. Man, it's very well made!

...I guess it's too much to hope for that Tron 2.0 be released on Mac too.

*sigh*where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 1:02 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:KaBOOM! This game is GREAT! Thanks so much for the heads up, Cheeto. I guess I need to rummage through the other ones on this site to see if there's any other Mac ones. Dang, I'd have never guessed they'd have one for the Mac. Man, it's very well made!

GLTron is great. My son and I have been playing against each other for the past few days on my Mac. There is a link to GLTRON in the 'Games' area under 'PC Games'. There are a couple of Mac games. I used to like Beamwars until I saw GLTRON, now there is no turning back. I wish there was a decent Lightcycle game for the PS2.

Cameron_Talley
User

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 1:30 PM
I tried GLTron, but my 800 MHz Laptop w/no 3d hardware can't handle it. I tried Amagetron, and it works pretty well. Doesn't look too good (I can't have a lot of textures turned on, or else it gets really slow), but it is fun to play. Looks like the developer hasn't done anything with it for about 1 and a half years, though

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 1:38 PM
AH! ESOTEK! That's a Kraftwerk icon!!

I LOVE Krafwerk!

D'd'd'ah-dee-ohhh-akteev-it-teeeee!

Hey bud, if you like Kraftwerk half as much as I do there's a new band in (I think) Iceland that is just like them! I haven't found any of their music, but I saw them on a PBS special and I was like "gawd they're good!" They're called (I think) Apparat Organ Quartet. Look into it. As soon as they have an international release, I'm on it like... like.. uh... something really on something else.

I haven't seen any of their stuff on the shelves as being a rare import thing, but I won't be easily deterred when it comes to campy early 90's Euro-techno sounds!

Edit: Here's a link to some site talking about them. Got a sample MP3 song; tell me that ain't just like Kraftwerk!

http://www.destiny.is/press/artist_apparat.shtml

They're just plain nutty acting too. I mean they're the funniest bunch of musicians since the Beatles.

Edit2: HEY! I just thought of a cool idea! That song is an MP3 and supposedly you can set up new background songs on GLTron, so I'm gonna see if it'll let me do it. *shaking computer with slow 56K connection* HURRY UUUUP! DOWNLOAD FASTER!!!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 3:01 PM
Yeah, I've been a big KW fan for many years. I saw them in NYC and almost needed a paramedic when they came out with thier glowing wireframe suits on.

I'll keep an eye out for Apparat. There are plenty of Kraftwerk influenced bands out there but most don't compare to the original. I even prefer KW CDs in German rather than English - it just sounds so much better to me.

BTW, I read in the GameSPY article about TRON 2.0...

---One of the highlights of our demo was visiting the "Progress Bar", which was described to us as a seamy underbelly of the virtual world. Your job here at this virtual bar is to get everyone dancing, which will provide a distraction so you can get a compiler from a "data pusher". Like No One Lives Forever, there's a good deal of humor as you need to listen in on other conversations and figure out what song will get everyone dancing. It appears a likely candidate is a little ditty called "Pocket Calculator"---

Now, I don't know if this is wishful thinking or humor on the part of the interviewer but this idea is great. I always thought that in TRON they should have had a 'cantina sequence' like the Bith Band is SW but using KW.

How beautiful would this be?

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 3:33 PM
Here is what they looked like for those who don't know what the heck we are talking about...

OHM.........OHM...........OHM......

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 4:24 PM
he he he... is that Smeg and the Heads' "Ohm" song I hear?

Well, I'd agree that their native German has a natural marriage with their sound, but I still like to understand what I'm listening to if they are actual lyrics and not just arbitrary vocal samples tossed in like they like to do.

There was one Kraftwerk album I got on mere cassette since it was the only one I ever found and I wish I managed to find it on CD like the other stuff and that was their remix album in the early 90's. That one was really good. But Electric Cafe is still their masterpiece to me. I can live without Autobahn. But, We are the Robots was an iconic favorite of mine too.

So is Kraftwerk going to make anything new? That's a 2002 image, isn't it? It looks like they plan to make new stuff if they're still together like that, doesn't it?

--Spock

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 8:25 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:he he he... is that Smeg and the Heads' "Ohm" song I hear?

Well, I'd agree that their native German has a natural marriage with their sound, but I still like to understand what I'm listening to if they are actual lyrics and not just arbitrary vocal samples tossed in like they like to do.

There was one Kraftwerk album I got on mere cassette since it was the only one I ever found and I wish I managed to find it on CD like the other stuff and that was their remix album in the early 90's. That one was really good. But Electric Cafe is still their masterpiece to me. I can live without Autobahn. But, We are the Robots was an iconic favorite of mine too.

So is Kraftwerk going to make anything new? That's a 2002 image, isn't it? It looks like they plan to make new stuff if they're still together like that, doesn't it?

I was saying OHM like OM, like the religious mantra.

I think the one you have on tape is The Mix. That is absolutely fantastic. They released it on CD in English and German. That should be still available on the web. I do have a copy of the English version somewhere around that I don't listen to. If you can't find it let me know and I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

Electric Cafe is great as well. Musique Non Stop is one of my favorites. They remix that on The Mix and it is just incredible.

As far as anything new - they havn't released anything new except a song Expo. They still tour though, thank God, and that is why you see them that way in 2002. They do remix most of thier music live and there are some bootlegs floating around but the quality is really poor. They have yet to release a new Mix.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

on Sunday, March, 02, 2003 10:22 PM
Yea, The Mix is it. Coolness.

Oh, and the Bith Band equivelant for Tron being KW would be absolutely fantastic! They should wear their grid suits with little lightcyles dueling on them.

Hey, wanna hear something weird? I was listening to Public Radio's "All things Concidered" one time, and you know how they'll stick little bumper songs between articles and the song usually pertains to the story just finished? Well, they once played a song that was a bunch of wind instruments, I think trumpets and maybe a bassoon, and the song sounded strangely familiar but I knew i'd never heard it played with those kinds of instruments. After a bit it came to me; they were playing "We are the Robots!" I was like "AH!" I meant to get online to see who actually recorded the strange remake, but never got around to it. Bizarre.

Hey, while we're on the subject, do you like any other techno-ish bands of the like such as Art of Noise, or have you heard of another short lived silly version of KW called Telex?

Check 'em out here...
http://www.crammed.be/ssr/artists/telex/tlxsnds.htm

"The Voice" is good and that BuckFunk 3000 Peanuts is fer sher! Classic clubbin' there.

--Spock

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 old school tron