Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 North Korean planes intercept US spy plane!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
shorty99
User

on Monday, March, 03, 2003 8:16 PM
Four armed North Korean fighter jets intercepted a U.S. reconnaissance plane over the Sea of Japan and one of the Korean jets used its radar in a manner that indicated it might attack, U.S. officials said Monday.

Lt. Cmdr. Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman, said it was the first such incident since April 1969 when a North Korean plane shot down a U.S. Navy EC-121 surveillance plane, killing all 31 Americans aboard.

The most recent crisis involving U.S. reconnaissance aircraft was in April 2001 when a Chinese fighter jet collided with a Navy EP-3 plane, forcing it to make an emergency landing on China's Hainan Island. The fighter pilot was killed and the American crew was detained for 11 days.

The latest incident happened Sunday morning, Korean time, and there was no hostile fire, Davis said.

A dispute between the United States and North Korea over nuclear weapons development increased last week when North Korea restarted a 5-megawatt reactor that could produce plutonium for such weapons. North Korea said Saturday that nuclear war could break out at ''any moment.''
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TheJediUnit
User

Re: North Korean planes intercept US spy plane!

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2003 12:02 AM
Well, there's only one assurance for us and it's the only one we've ever had, that our nation is doing everything possible to protect, if not at least our immediate lives, then at least our way of life.

If that was good enough for my accendants, it's good enough for me.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors