Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 @ Target???

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
CYBERIUS
User

Tron 2.0 @ Target???

on Saturday, March, 08, 2003 11:43 PM

I was at my local Target store the last 2 weekends, and I was looking at the video game display.

On the display at the end of the isle (where they show off the latest and greatest for passerbyers, I saw a sticker/tag on the shelf for Tron 2.0 for 49.andsomeodd bucks.

The tag was marked on the shelf, but there were no boxes of the game there.

I asked someone working there if they had any, they scanned the barcode on the tag with their wireless, handheld, inventory scanner, and said "nope".

And I was all excited too, before I searched on the internet and seen it's been pushed back like a million years.

Hale-XF11
User

Re: Tron 2.0 @ Target???

on Sunday, March, 09, 2003 10:29 AM
Personally, I don't think I could stand to be teased like that. I'd have to run home and put in my Tron DVD for consolation.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 5:41 AM

was supposed to be released this month, but as you discovered, it's been pushed back until August.

A weird side note: Lithtech, which makes the Triton game engine that Monolith uses (in fact Lithtech is a company spun off from Monolith), has changed its name to Touchdown Entertainment.

What kind of name is that? I assume the name change was necessary, for financial reasons. But couldn't they have picked a better name than that?!

Also, they don't mention Triton by name any more on the site. Now they just talk about the Jupiter system.

Weird.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 10:36 AM
Could be that. Or maybe that they were showing too much profit too. Maybe there is a cap or seomthing. Who Knows. I'm not too familiar with the financial area myself. So I can't say.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

shorty99
User

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 11:42 AM
I hate when they push the dates back on things, especially things you have been waiting for to come out.

TheJediUnit
User

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 5:26 PM
Hopefully this might help to serve Disney to get the message that they're continuing to underestimate the audience-in-wait for a film sequel.

*smacks 'em on the back of their heads*

"Come on! Wake up people! Make the dern movie already!

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Esotek
Sector Admin

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 7:11 PM
shorty99 Wrote:I hate when they push the dates back on things, especially things you have been waiting for to come out.

I am impatient too so I understand the frustration but if it makes for a better game I say do what it takes.

As far as the movie goes, I think things are in the works but only time will tell if it gets made. Obviously, Dis will be looking at the sales of the game to see reactions. I personally believe that a cartoon series or CGI series would be a hit and sell alot of toy product. Reboot did well, Max Steele and the rest of them are doing well, I think Tron would be fantastic. However, I'm not in the biz, maybe I'm missing something. Movies are great but they come and go. TV series really stick in kids minds and they are consistant. License it to death like Lucasfilm. Make a mint. Everyone is happy.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Monday, March, 10, 2003 9:49 PM
Esotek Wrote:
shorty99 Wrote:I hate when they push the dates back on things, especially things you have been waiting for to come out.

I am impatient too so I understand the frustration but if it makes for a better game I say do what it takes.

As far as the movie goes, I think things are in the works but only time will tell if it gets made. Obviously, Dis will be looking at the sales of the game to see reactions. I personally believe that a cartoon series or CGI series would be a hit and sell alot of toy product. Reboot did well, Max Steele and the rest of them are doing well, I think Tron would be fantastic. However, I'm not in the biz, maybe I'm missing something. Movies are great but they come and go. TV series really stick in kids minds and they are consistant. License it to death like Lucasfilm. Make a mint. Everyone is happy.

I totally agree with you on this for the game and all that. Since you don't want any annoying or unannouced bugs in a game. THat will pop out right in your face. Or do a kind of three finger salute with your OS.(Windows ctrl alt delete keys.) And reset the whole system. For the Mac people who may not know this. And or a blue screen of death in the earlier versions of windows.)

Maybe they could do a television series since the CGI is well advanced than it was 20 years ago. I mean take a look at Transformers Beast Wars with Optimus Primal and all that. As an example and Reboot like you mentioned in your post. They should to get the younger generation going in it. ANd when they see the following on it. They would probably do the sequal film for it.

Nor am I in marketing. But it does have some logical movement in it. I think that they might just be afraid what had happened when the original tron didn't hit the marks as they hoped they would have with it. So they might feel that its on thin ice on making it.

I think personally that they should make a sequal as well. and a tv series. When they brought the original tron out. Looked at what heppened They were pushing the technology past the point where it had advanced and the ideas that they were using were unheard of in the Cinematography worlds as well. They were pushing the envelop of both sides. I think that they could do that again.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 @ Target???