Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tron?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
crom
User

Re: So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tron?

on Wednesday, April, 23, 2003 6:13 PM
With reference to many of the users who have replied to this particular topic,dreams can be dismissed as the ramblings of the unconscious mind and be very Freudian by their nature,I did have a dream many years ago that was Tron-related.It was to do with being digitised and turning up in a world that was very Tron-like in many respects and encountering inhabitants who bore similarities to the programs who inhabit the electronic world.Obviously,there were differences in appearance that now are rather hazy to recall but the whole 'experience' did have a very marked affinity with the movie.
There is a song by the Canadian rock band,Rush, that deals with the power of dreams and the effect it has on our waking lives so don't be too quick to dismiss all of this as sub-conscious meanderings.

Password:reindeer flotilla

How do you steer this?Help!!!

www.staggeringstories.net

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, April, 23, 2003 6:32 PM
Although I've never dreamt about TRON, I have dreamt about movies right after watching them.

For instance, when I was a kid, after watching Dawn of the Dead I dreamt that the dead were crawling out of the ground and were chasing me and my friends. I suppose living right up the block from a huge cemetary could've had something to do with the dream. Fortunately, the zombies were slow, dim-witted George A. Romero zombies, and were somewhat easy to get away from. We were still scared out of our wits, though!

About ten years ago, after watching Return of the Living Dead, I dreamt that my friends and I were zombies! Fortunately, we were Return of the Living Dead-type zombies, so once we got over the initial shock of being zombies (there were thousands of zombies running around tackling and eating all the other humans except us; it took us a minute to stop freaking out and realize that we were in no danger because we weren't human) we took great pleasure in mercilessly running down and feasting on humans! That was the only dream (nightmare?) I've ever had where I was the monster and had nothing to fear instead of having a nightmare in which some shapeless thing that I can't seem to escape hunts me down until I wake up screaming.

A TRON dream would be great seeing as how I dream in vivid Technicolor. Those special glow effects would look so cool!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Compucore
User

on Thursday, April, 24, 2003 12:25 AM
THat sounds very interesting indeed Jedi. I haven't read any articles pertaining to something like this. But it does bring things to light.

And why does it remind me of that one novel called Blade runner. With the saying somewhere on the cover. DO computers dream electric dreams. I could be mis quoting it though.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

Re: So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tro

on Thursday, April, 24, 2003 12:56 AM
I HAD ONE LAST NIGHT!!!

I dreamed I was at a person's house and they had a game room. This game room contained several 'old school' style games, but I had never seen any of them before. I dreamed I played a Tron pinball game It was really cool too...the playing field had 3 levels, lots of black lights and stuff and even the ball glowed . Most all the game sounds for it seems to be the same sounds used in the video game. For some reason, there was a plastic dragon in the middle of the playing field LOL. Also, the game room had a Tron change machine. It was a weird, but still very cool, dream

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 4:19 PM
Haha! Now I just had it.

It was weird, though. I remember buying the game itself. I was like, "WOOOOOT"... then somehow wound up in the world of Tron 2.0 _-_ now, how did that happen?

That was really weird to play the game and watch Jet get digitzed into the computer...and end up being digitized myself!

It was cool, tho. I got to throw discs and sic Darwin on Apple and Microsoft.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Trace
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 4:31 PM
Hey, I want one of those dreams! Sounds like waaaay too much fun!

TheJediUnit
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 5:12 PM
I had a dream I could fly again.

I must really like those dreams since I dream it a lot.

The interesting thing is nobody on the ground notices like a guy flying along is nothing new. Not that I care how invisible I seem. The wind blowing through my hair and the sun on my back in weightless, effortless flight is so beautiful it's all I can manage to just drink in the moment.

I hope dreams come true on the other side.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Compucore
User

on Saturday, April, 26, 2003 11:40 AM
I had one hell of a dream last night myself. Thought that I was on crack or something. Thank god I wasn't on druigs or anything like that. And I don't do any drugs either.

The dream itself was one where I was sucked into the computer realm itself. And everyone in this part of the message base was there. All trapped behind individual cell blocks screaming to get out. And I had to fight both the MCP and Sark at the same time. The fight itself was Sarks Armada of troops then fighting against Sark himself and lastly the MCP. Defeating each part seperately like in different waves like in the arcade games. Then breaking the control panel that was hooked up to the indivisual cells and everyone got transported back to what seems to be a main base or locataion where we all got intothe computer system at some point.

Felt like when I woke up that I had gone through a marathon and having a cold sweat after this.

Really weird stuff.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TheJediUnit
User

on Saturday, April, 26, 2003 1:10 PM

...maybe you should spend some time outside for a while.

J/K

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

foilism
User

on Saturday, April, 26, 2003 2:15 PM
My friend who I watched with recently told me that she had a dream about a day called *St. TRON's day* - how cool is that!!! She said that you were only allowed to wear red or blue and somepeople came in to school with glow in the dark stuff on.

There were game grid competitions going on and stuff and at the end of the day, our school was visited by TRON himself and apparantly, he was massive --- like Sark when he gets the MCP power. I am jealous.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, April, 27, 2003 6:28 PM
Sounds like a wild dream folism...

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

HUDD
User

What are these dreams?

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2003 2:20 PM
Okay time for another theory here, are you all totally sure that these visions and images you have exoperienced really were dreams. Perhaps these occurances were moments where we were being contacted by something or someone in need of help. For all we know tron and co. could be begging for help inside a computer right now.

what is our main purpose?
- don't ask me!

HUDD
User

What are these dreams?

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2003 2:21 PM
I have dreams

- don't ask me!

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, April, 30, 2003 5:37 PM
COuld be. But who knows. Maybe we were all contacting each other in our dreams.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

HUDD
User

sector dreams

on Thursday, May, 01, 2003 4:58 AM
I'm scared.

my dreams have become more and more wierd since watching Tron, take last night for instance. Suddenly these bright blue shiny lights appeared and pixels were merged together in front of me. Perhaps I shouldn't have watched the simpsons episode Homer3.

"Has anyone seen that film Tron?"

"No, No, No, NO, NO, Yes....wait No).order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

- don't ask me!

Nikster
User

on Thursday, May, 01, 2003 1:47 PM
Compucore Wrote:COuld be. But who knows. Maybe we were all contacting each other in our dreams.

If that is the case...I don't really think y'all wanna be in my head

I'll freak you out

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Steak
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2003 11:59 AM
I don't think I've ever had a Tron dream (although I do have tons of movie dreams -- usually Alien-related).

But this reminded me of a girl I knew from college. Her roomate was obsessed with Tron and used to make computer beeping sounds when she slept. I always suspected she was doing it on purpose to freak out her roomates, but in any case, it was pretty funny.

sondlar
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2003 12:48 PM
I have a lot of Alien related dreams too, but more nightmares than dreams. Gah I want a Tron dream

Waiting for

Speeder
User

on Sunday, May, 11, 2003 6:19 AM
I used to have Tron dreams until I recently watched the Ring, and I haven't slept properly in weeks because it was so scary.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 So, um...how many of you have dreams about Tron?