TRON rescheduled...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Speeder
User

Re: TRON rescheduled...

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 11:23 AM
What is the point of doing that though, it must just cost extra money

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Lew
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 11:31 AM
It's a compromise. If they showed it in its full aspect ratio then people on 4:3 TVs would complain that too much of the screen was wasted with letterboxing. By presenting it in a 16:9 ratio they manage to reach a middle-ground between the 4:3 TV owners and those of us with widescreen sets. I have absolutely no problem with this, I just wish they'd framed some of the shots a bit better. What's the point of cropping Pac Man out of the frame when it's obviously there as a visual gag (especially as you can still hear the Pac Man sound effects)?

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 12:34 PM
Yeah. I've noticed some DVDs now addvertising the widescreen verses regular TV formate saying "Now with regular tv formate made to fit your screen!" I don't understand why alot of people get annoyed at the black bars on the tv screen. Even my mom can't stand them. Don't they realize the letter box format is how the movies were shown in theaters and how much stuff gets cutt off when they crop it to it thescreen? It's funny how one little thing such as "Black Lines" seems to ruin a whole wonderful visualizing movie to some people.

I don't have a widescreen tv but the black lines don't bother me one bit.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Compucore
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 1:01 PM
Same here it doesn't bother me that much either way. I have gotten used to seeing it in either format. Mind you the is one other format I think that there is still an option for it. I remember seeing it on the T2 boxed version on DVD. Its fits nicely on the screen where you can see everything on the Screen without loosing anything on the image itself. I don't remember the exact name for it. I think it might have been on 35 mm format though. I'll take a look later on to make sure about it.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 3:50 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:
foilism Wrote:I laughed ay=t the boom mike, but i didn't see the pac-man scene, did the widescreen version just cut it off, or did they delete it?

The part of the picture with Pac Man in it was cropped off.

You should have at least been able to HEAR it tho...in the background noise of the scene, the Pac Man 'siren' (and I also think the 'wocka wocka') sound can be heard
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Nikster
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 3:52 PM
Sketch Wrote:Yeah. I've noticed some DVDs now addvertising the widescreen verses regular TV formate saying "Now with regular tv formate made to fit your screen!" I don't understand why alot of people get annoyed at the black bars on the tv screen. Even my mom can't stand them. Don't they realize the letter box format is how the movies were shown in theaters and how much stuff gets cutt off when they crop it to it thescreen? It's funny how one little thing such as "Black Lines" seems to ruin a whole wonderful visualizing movie to some people.

I don't have a widescreen tv but the black lines don't bother me one bit.

I prefer letterboxed DVD's.....if people would just realize how much they gotta BUTCHER the movie to make it 'full screen' maybe they would change their minds.

The black bars don't take anything away...if anything, they give you MORE.

Now, if all the companies making DVD's would just grasp the concept of putting any subtitles in the space occupied by the black bars, life would be perfect No more cluttered picture

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON rescheduled...