New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
KiaPurity
User

Man, this isn't happening...

on Monday, May, 05, 2003 8:52 PM
...it only thinks it's happening.

I don't have a job anymore. -.-
They didn't want to rehire me for the summer because I supposedly lack the website designing skills. Right, they hired me because they liked my website and suddenly, they change their mind.

The final insult to injury: They're replacing me with someone who has more skills.

I'm so mad because the job was DIFFICULT to find! It was a godsend. I've been treating it as #1 in my life only to find out that it doesn't even like me. What am I to do now?

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Man, this isn't happening...

on Monday, May, 05, 2003 11:29 PM
That's awful!

Well. You could try using a hobby to try to make money I guess. That's what I'm having to do. Got a few painting projects to do for some people pluse I'm going to teach a kid some art lessons which his parents are going to pay me for. It's going to be interesting cause the kid is a total DBZ maniac and here I am a Tron fan. Oh boy...

I hope you find something Kia. That's terrible that they hired you cause they liked the site then changed their minds. Want me to runthem down with a tank?

*Sketch gets Kia a Energy shake*

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, May, 06, 2003 2:07 AM
*nods and chugs the energy shake*

I don't understand it either!

They never complained about me being late, but there was that one time during mid-term visit but that's all. They never complained to me about anything. Augh.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Trace
User

on Tuesday, May, 06, 2003 6:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, too, Kia! Any way you could start your own web designing business?

Trace gives Kia a strawberry pocky.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, May, 06, 2003 8:50 PM
All I can say is that its a burocracy when it comes to jobs these days. One sneeze in the wrong direction and you get the door. Maybe you could start your own web site business like trace had said. Which sounds like a good idea come to think of it. Way to go Trace. You've already learnt most of how to built a web site. Which isn't that hard really unless your getting into an online database and search engine for the database and the what nots. (Thats a little bit more complkicated. Been working on testing one for a croup project at the college. Finding so many errors and the what nots.) But hey I think you can do it. You have the talent Kia.

Here is a quote from one of my professors have on their web site. I think it would apply to everyone.

Prof. Joe SAID

In Each One of You There is a Talent.

The Trick is:
How to Find it?

The Challenge is:
How to Enhance it?

The Luck is:
How to Invest it?

Equation:
Talent =Find + Enhance + Invest

If you want to see the web site where I got it from here is the link to it. http://www.saids.org/ I deal with both brothers almost on a daily basis. Joe usually asks for the impossible in certain things and I usually take it and make it possible. A friendly challenge between us. Like a friendly game of tag almost.

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, May, 06, 2003 8:54 PM
Yeah. One of my co-workers wasn't happy with it and she's a partner of the company actually. She was so looking forwards to working with me over the summer. :/
(She told me that she didn't agree with the boss (who is the other partner) about the "non-dependable" stuff.)

In any case, she's helping me with the business plans and stuff. ^^;

Also, I've learned quite a few layout-making from the job, so I'll be able to do a crazy revision of my own website... ditch the "too-simple" for something still simple, but springy. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, May, 06, 2003 9:10 PM
Thats kewel Kia. And you know that there are a few people like myelf that are willing to help you out in areas like looking for some extra templates. and debugging and all that. I don't know if the others are knowledgable as am I more knowledgable. But I am sure we could all help out one way or the other. I'm sure we can all help in one way ot another.

Or at least lead you in the right direction on certain things.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 4:49 PM
I'm so sorry Kia

You really seemed to like it there, too

People are stupid sometimes, want me to squish them for you?

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

KiaPurity
User

Re: Man, this isn't happening... (part two again!)

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 12:43 PM
I didn't get the library job. *bangs head on desk*

What bugs me. 3 positions (now full) at the library. 80 people applied. 10 interviewed. I'm number 8 on their waiting list for future openings. *stares* At last check, 10 - 3 = 7, not 8.

Ah well, maybe something will crash on my head one of these days. I hate not having a job. :/

Trace
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 1:11 PM
Dang, I'm sorry to hear that!!! Hang in there, Kia-girl! Something will come up--it always does

PyoChan
User

on Thursday, July, 10, 2003 2:07 PM
Kia, I'm sorry to hear that your job search isn't going as swimmingly as you'd like for it to. We're all pulling for you; good luck!

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Man, this isn't happening...