Tron 2.0 
 SuhWeeeeeeetah!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
flynn1978
User

SuhWeeeeeeetah!

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 6:25 PM
Ooohyea! They got an orange program in the previews!
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?platform=PC&genre=ACTION&image=/previews/may03/tron202pc/08.jpg

The friendly programs even got their helmets on now!

...was worried all the npc dude's were gonna be bald or somethin...

To top it off, Cindy Morgan's gonna be in it too

Now all we need's Jeff Bridges!!! Come on Mr. Bridges! Sign on too!

Go Jeff! Go Jeff! Go Jeff! Go Jeff!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: SuhWeeeeeeetah!

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 7:47 PM

Yeah, lots of sweet new screenshots to gawk at!

And what a surprise, Cindy's gonna be in the game, too!

I was wondering why only Bruce came back for the game. Or, so we thought. Now all we need is Jeff Bridges and David Warner to do cameos! I heard a rumor the MCP is in the game somewhere . . .

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 8:22 PM
And don't forget Dumont too. Can't forget that that old good guy git there. Do you mean the MCP is actually going to be put into the game itself?? Or at least a cameo appearance as for one of the levels.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 8:34 PM

From what I heard, the MCP makes a cameo appearance somewhere. I'm curious to see how it's been handled, since the MCP was more or less de-rezzed in the film.

Or was he?

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 9:07 PM
Yeah I remember from the movie itself. Unless there was something left of him in the movie somewhere that we don't know of you know. Makes it interesting to see what they come up with in the game for him.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 07, 2003 10:40 PM
Cool. Wonder if the MCP will cameo in a sorrta flashback moment type sequence.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, May, 08, 2003 1:10 AM
Cool, pirate programs make an appearance! I was hoping they wouldn't forget the orange programs.

Time for some good-intentioned nit-picking:

If the pirate programs are going to have helmets, shouldn't the helmets look something like the one CLU wore, with the double-arched brow ridge leading to the inverted V-notch in the front? I mean, they are a different type of program, correct?

Also, I noticed that the generic blue, yellow, green and orange programs from the screenshots on Gamespy's site all have the exact same body and helmet. Granted, the blue program has a bald head and no helmet, and the green program had a green visor on his otherwise-identical-to every-other-helmet-helmet, but otherwise the helmets and bodies are exactly the same across all generic program types. In the movie no two programs had the same light pattern, even if they were the same color. I realize that asking for unique light patterns for each and every program is probably insane, but how about a little variation between program types? Not every program wore that sash that drapes over one shoulder and passes under the belt; for instance:

FLYNN had a sash over his right shoulder and he had forearm armor.

CROM had a sash over his left shoulder, and in addition to forearm armor it looks like he had some shoulder armor as well.

YORI didn't have a sash, and I think she didn't have any armor whatsoever either (except for her helmet). At times, instead of a helmet she wore a sort of skullcap.

RAM had no sash, but he had body armor (upper torso), forearm armor, shoulder armor and upper arm/bicep armor.

TRON had neither sash nor body armor, but he did have small pieces of shoulder armor and forearm armor.

CLU had neither sash nor body armor, but he had forearm armor and a unique helmet.

MCP Guards and Tank Drivers had their own unique helmets/head pieces and armor.

At the very least, how about flipping some models so some of them have the sash over the left shoulder instead of the right shoulder? This would also put that extra armor that is on everyone's left arm on the right arm for some additional variation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to this game, but it would be great if color wasn't the sole distinguishing characteristic of different types of programs.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

flynn1978
User

on Thursday, May, 08, 2003 2:07 AM
I agree with you totally. I was thinkin bout saying something on that myself. The different colors are awesome, but the NPC's should not be substandard!!!

by substandard i mean not too similar in circutry and such. i don't have the experience to make these guys with a computer--i can only draw them!

no offence DaveTron!

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, May, 08, 2003 4:01 AM
I could see the widespread reuse of the generic program model detracting from my suspension of disbelief and overall sense of immersion in the game. Heck, it bothers me now and I'm not even playing the game!

Also, it could easily be something that game reviewers point out just so they have something to say. Reusing the same model over and over is a throwback to the days of Half-Life when the exact same scientist model (albeit with one of four different heads) appeared everywhere. That little bit of variation was fine back in 1998, but now that's a bit hoary I think.

But other than that, the visuals are un-freakin'-believable. Absolutely fantastic. They capture the feeling of the electronic world perfectly. You people at Monolith have done an incredible job and I hope you are rewarded with blockbusting sales.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, May, 08, 2003 3:02 PM
Here's an idea.

About my previous suggestion to flip the models so some have the sash on the left and some on the right? Well, how about some programs being left-handed and some being right-handed? This might add a little extra spice to Disk fights the way lefties vs. righties adds a little something extra to boxing and baseball. Also, you might want to allow the player to choose if they want to be lefty or righty in multiplayer.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Nikster
User

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 10:05 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:I could see the widespread reuse of the generic program model detracting from my suspension of disbelief and overall sense of immersion in the game. Heck, it bothers me now and I'm not even playing the game!

Also, it could easily be something that game reviewers point out just so they have something to say. Reusing the same model over and over is a throwback to the days of Half-Life when the exact same scientist model (albeit with one of four different heads) appeared everywhere. That little bit of variation was fine back in 1998, but now that's a bit hoary I think.

But other than that, the visuals are un-freakin'-believable. Absolutely fantastic. They capture the feeling of the electronic world perfectly. You people at Monolith have done an incredible job and I hope you are rewarded with blockbusting sales.

It's also what they did with Mortal Kombat. Ninjas every color of the freakin' rainbow...but they all had the same body
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Falty
User

My two cents

on Saturday, June, 21, 2003 4:38 AM
In the defense of the character artists in game development companies everywhere, it takes a pretty big chunk of resource to create variations of anything. Game engine algorithms are now starting to take advantage of non-repeating textures (like grass, concrete, metal, etc...) There is so much pushing and massaging that has to be done to create a whole new character from the original model to make a variation. So to introduce a dynamic range of characters with different body, clothing, and color types would take the Monolith art dept. a lot longer to develop them. Yes it would be possible to use segments and just mix and match. The problem with that is the artists then have to be VERY creative in hiding the seams where the joints are. If we want the beauty of a character that has continuous skin they'll need to remake a whole new character with new texture coordinates and...ugh...it's just a ton of work.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Saturday, June, 21, 2003 4:31 PM
and plus, imagine how much stuff you would have to install... ^^;

Not that I wouldn't mind as seeing how I have a big HD now.

Oh, Tron 2.0 o/~ I neeeeeeeeeed you o/~

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Saturday, June, 21, 2003 5:19 PM
Fatty I think that your kind of refering to recycling of code or in this case kind of recycling of certain areas that need to be recycked in a typical game. I'm getting into programming in C++ and other programming languages that are out there.. And on certain projects that I have done so far. Certain things are recycled within the main programs that I have done before.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 SuhWeeeeeeetah!