TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Tired of low scores on Tron?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
curtishart
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:17 AM
I html'd a Joystik article on hints and strategies for the Tron arcade game on my site:
Joystick Article

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Compucore
User

Re: Tired of low scores on Tron?

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:31 AM
I was looking at the pages that you have posted there about the strategies of playing ewach section of the game. I wish I could try this out on the actual game itself to see how well it works on an actual arcade game. But its cool to know.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

djmousie
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:32 AM
I've noticed once you get to the stage labeled 'USER', the level name doesn't change. I wish some of these older classic games had some sort of ending, I always wished that you could visit the actual MCP and try throwing your disc in.

I'm, hoping Tron 2.0 has this somewhere stored in it.

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:44 AM
I think on the older games they wanted to keep the players playing them. So I could only imagine that it would repeat itself over again. But at the hardest level. On the newer games I guess they decided that one full round of the game is enough.

I am wondering if they are going to put an ending to tron 2.0 something similar to like the original movie of Tron or Something better.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

curtishart
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:51 AM
Compucore Wrote:I think on the older games they wanted to keep the players playing them. So I could only imagine that it would repeat itself over again. But at the hardest level. On the newer games I guess they decided that one full round of the game is enough.

I am wondering if they are going to put an ending to tron 2.0 something similar to like the original movie of Tron or Something better.

Actually, the reason there's no "ending" for the earlier games has more to do with technical limitations. Hardware was MUCH more expensive (memory, roms, etc) than now. Plus the concept of having a story wiyth an ending probably wan't thought of. Personally, I like the games with no ending. You based your game on your score, not on how many quarters it took to finish it.

I think the "Continue" along with games with endings really detracked from the fun of playing a game. You no longer play to see how much further you got. Anyone can get to the end of a game if they have enough quarters. Not everyone can reach 500,000 points on a game however.

...but I'm old-school. That's how games were when I was growing up (And I liked it that way dag-nabbit!) order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Karman
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 10:58 AM
I wish I could try this out on the actual game itself to see how well it works on an actual arcade game.

You can! http://www.mame.dk

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, May, 20, 2003 12:42 PM
I can't argue with that. Take a look how hardware has come up until now. A lot cheaper than it was in the early days when the Arcades games from todays.

True on some of the games of today. I remember trying oupt one from Star Wars. (IUt was a more recent one where you sit in a open cockpiut.) THat one you could only go through it once. Myself I don't mind games repeating themselve. Like you I am one of the old school players as well. Dang Nibbuit if the game didn't end we still enjoy it. curtishart Wrote:Compucore Wrote:I think on the older games they wanted to keep the players playing them. So I could only imagine that it would repeat itself over again. But at the hardest level. On the newer games I guess they decided that one full round of the game is enough.

Actually, the reason there's no "ending" for the earlier games has more to do with technical limitations. Hardware was MUCH more expensive (memory, roms, etc) than now. Plus the concept of having a story wiyth an ending probably wan't thought of. Personally, I like the games with no ending. You based your game on your score, not on how many quarters it took to finish it.

I think the "Continue" along with games with endings really detracked from the fun of playing a game. You no longer play to see how much further you got. Anyone can get to the end of a game if they have enough quarters. Not everyone can reach 500,000 points on a game however.

...but I'm old-school. That's how games were when I was growing up (And I liked it that way dag-nabbit!)

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

flynn1978
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2003 9:50 PM
djmousie Wrote:I've noticed once you get to the stage labeled 'USER', the level name doesn't change. I wish some of these older classic games had some sort of ending, I always wished that you could visit the actual MCP and try throwing your disc in.

I'm, hoping Tron 2.0 has this somewhere stored in it.
If that is not hidden in the game, that would make an superb mod for a tournament! There could be 2 teams, one defending the MCP and one attacking the MCP, or several teams attacking the MCP as a competition to see how many time you could score against the MCP, or whatever!

There could be different color teams each taking one stand against the MCP, and then the next color has to try and top that score or something, with a couple or four of boss type (i.e. kernel type guards) programs defending the MCP controled by computer or somthing.

:> Bring in GIANT SARK! (or a reasonable facimile)

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Qix77
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2003 10:16 PM
If I ever get into modding, and I get somewhat good at it... I'd love to do the classic Arcade/Movie TRON in the FPS.

But finding the time to just learn is going to be a pain-in-the-hind-end.... order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Monday, August, 18, 2003 11:54 PM
Anyone can get to the end of a game if they have enough quarters. Not everyone can reach 500,000 points on a game however.

...but I'm old-school. That's how games were when I was growing up (And I liked it that way dag-nabbit!)

Yeah. Back then your score proved your worth as a gamer. It was your numerical medal of honor which would be proudly displayed on the game screen for all eyes to behold and all challangers to try and beat. Alot of today's games have quit with the point system. I kinda miss seeing a flashy 100pt pop up on screen when I blast an enemy.

I've really noticed that some of the kids that are growing up with PS2's and X-Box's really laugh at older systems. I don't understand why? Some of today's generation don't take the time to look at some of the past systems and games and see how far the technology has progressed. There's a ton of rich game histroy if you look back. There's alot of classics out there that just can't be remade like the original. Right now I'm more tempted to get an old NES or Atari 2600 more than a new Game Cube or X-Box. And I'm not afraid to say that.

*Notices he's going into rant mode and plugs in Astrosmash in his Intv. II and starts racking up points to shut up*

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 19, 2003 12:03 AM
Same here.....

Besides, Ms. Pac-Man and Donkey Kong Jr. is still making a lot of money at my brother's arcade.... So the old-school still rulez....

Kids don't understand how lucky they are these days....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!! I'm sounding like my dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

END OF THIS STINK'N LINE......

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, August, 19, 2003 9:18 PM
Qix don't we all sound like our dads in one point in tome on certain things. (Sounding like a grand father Simpson.) When we play these video game we didn't use electricity . We had to use bike power in order to play the game. And we liked it.

Qix77 Wrote:Same here.....

Besides, Ms. Pac-Man and Donkey Kong Jr. is still making a lot of money at my brother's arcade.... So the old-school still rulez....

Kids don't understand how lucky they are these days....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!! I'm sounding like my dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

END OF THIS STINK'N LINE......
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Qix77
User

on Tuesday, August, 19, 2003 10:16 PM
Compucore Wrote:Qix don't we all sound like our dads in one point in tome on certain things. (Sounding like a grand father Simpson.) When we play these video game we didn't use electricity . We had to use bike power in order to play the game. And we liked it.

lol... I love that one.... I think my dad tryed pulling something like that one on my brother and I when we were growing up....

Gotta love dads....

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, August, 19, 2003 10:41 PM
Well its kind of true ya know... The kids these days don't realize the games that you and I played when we were their age. ANd the sane with our fathers when they were our age. I'm sure they didn't have the lkind of games that you and I played around with. But you know whats still around their generation. Foosball, and the hockey games with the dome on it. And the classicall midway games like that bowling for points.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade