TRON vs. Animatrix

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
KiaPurity
User

Re: TRON vs. Animatrix

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 11:27 PM
I suck. I haven't gotten the Animatrix yet. :P

Mainly because I'm broke right now. Waah!

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Lew
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 8:01 AM
Keep your eye on your TV listings. Channel 5 in the UK have been showing the Animatrix shorts recently (in lovely anamorphic wdescreen to boot)

Speeder
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 8:53 AM
The only problem is that where I am, we get it all grainy!!!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Lew
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 9:38 AM
Don't you have access to a digital signal (cable, satellite or FreeView)? I can barely receive CH5 on analogue terrestrial but I get a lovely widescreen signal on cable.

Speeder
User

on Saturday, June, 07, 2003 2:17 PM
Yes but my freeview also breaks up and is total rubish sometimes.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Trace
User

on Saturday, June, 07, 2003 3:45 PM
I loved all the different animation styles--I really like the ones that aren't "pretty" like "Kid's Story" and "World Record". They are just visually stunning. I agree that "World Record" was hard to watch, but as art, it was just fantastic. I loved also how "Kid's Story" blurred the action--much how it would be seen in real life, but still very stylistic. The best part of this one was the words that Kid was typing and seeing them at weird, distorted angles--super intriguing!!!

My favorite animation style by far was "Detective's Story". I loved the grainy black and white. It totally fit the Film Noir style they were going for although I wished, more than any of the others, that it had gone on longer and that the detective...well, I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. I may be evil, but I'm not THAT evil!

It's very interesting to watch the background on how some of these were made. I really liked "Beyond" a lot more once I understood the idea behind it better.

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 12:18 AM
I finally have animatrix! Got it for 19 bucks.

Interesting dvd. o.O

The machines' plight... uwaaah! I feel so sad for them.

The animation was weird in some places. o_O

foilism
User

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 4:35 AM
I love beyond the very best. I think it's style has the most in common with the orginal moive, especially the beggining with the music -- perfect. The animation on some them is soooo stylised, sepecailly kid's story, it's so great.

The CG anime thing works perfectly for the story lines, I love the war in second rennaissance becaseu of the CG, and the 'million machine march' is just great. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Speeder
User

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 4:55 AM
Mind you the bit in the second Rennaissance where you see all the machines crossing the road and marching is from a film called the wall. This dissapointed me. But I love the way in the second rennaissance that it is put together from our past!!! When it goes into the news recording, there is something which happened in Veitnam and when the robot got run over by a tank, that happened to a protester in China!!!

HUDD
User

Matriculated

on Sunday, June, 08, 2003 10:58 AM
Of all the episodes I felt that the final episode (Matriculated) was by far the most similar to Tron. For one thing, the people inside the machines' simulation were red and blue (ring any bells). The use of CG in that particular episode really added a whole new side to the matrix and showed us that there are many types of simulations inside and outside of the matrix.

But I couldn't help but be a little bit confused by the plot, all the humans died and left the machine all on his own (awww) and he had fallen in love with that bright yellow shiny woman - eh???

Osiris is still my favourite episode, but could have been better with a little more substance (ie. make it longer!)

what is our main purpose?
- don't ask me!

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, June, 11, 2003 12:26 PM
Pesonally I like them the length tey were!! Anyway haow could they have made it longer, It showed the whole story? Making it longer would've removed the punch, and made it boring!!!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

WMain00 Productions
User

on Friday, June, 13, 2003 10:43 AM
Animatrix episodes The SR Part 1 and 2 intro and ending, and Matriculated are reminiscent to Trons construct. Apart from that, The Matrix and indeed the Animatrix mainly took its ideas from Shirow Masamune's Ghost in the Shell, the Manga cartoon.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

WMain00
Director of WMain00 Productions

Speeder
User

on Friday, June, 13, 2003 3:43 PM
Is that worth seeing?

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, June, 13, 2003 7:35 PM
I think they actually had the ghost in the shell crew work on one of the episodes... can't be sure.

Most of the episodes seemed very depressing. :/

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON vs. Animatrix