Question re: Tron logo copyright infringment

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
tbaum
User

on Monday, June, 23, 2003 11:22 PM
Hey there,
just curious if anyone knows what's the deal with the TRON logo? For instance, do these TRON fan websites get away with using it becasue it's slightly altered? What if someone made a shirt using the tron font letters, but it said something other than TRON? Trouble in store?
Anyone with insight or comments would be greatly appreaicted!
thanxabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

curtishart
User

Re: Question re: Tron logo copyright infringment

on Monday, June, 23, 2003 11:45 PM
Note: I have no basis to back up this statement but...

I would think something that does not make a profit off a copyrighted subject is less likely to get a cease and desist order than someone who is making a buck. So, making a personal t-shirt for yourself to wear is one thing. Making a small number of shirts to sell is another.

Granted, I'm no lawyer and I don't even play one on TV.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

flynnsplace
User

on Wednesday, June, 25, 2003 1:35 PM
well we made a ps1 game (net yaroze) a while back that had tron characters and light cycles. It was posted on a yaroze website for a day before my friend got a letter from Disney telling him to remove it.

we were making no money with it what so ever. Disney is very strict with licenses.

I also have a letter from sony somewhere telling us to basically make it not look like Tron so they could add the game to "the playstation underground". But we refused to put guns on our light cycles!! thats just wrong. hehe

if anyone wants to see the letter I can dig it up tonight when I get home and scan it at work tomorrow (scanner at home is broke)

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

foilism
User

on Wednesday, June, 25, 2003 2:15 PM
Heck I wanna see some gameshots, it sounds cool.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion