Tron 2.0 
 What R Ur Thoughts????

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Qix77
User

What R Ur Thoughts????

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 12:04 AM
I think that the pre-demo ROCKS something SOLID.... I've been waiting for a game like this for years... The first Tron game I've played was back in 83 since I was only 6, saw the movie when I was 5, and sucked at the game till I saw it again when I was 9..... and I'm not the best but my big brother owns an up-right cab of the arcade game..... he put it in his basement with his pinball games....

I downloaded a game called CycloTron (from the Burning Ice Group) back in 96, and tinkered around with other Light-Cycle games since. But now since the demo is out, There is no other in compareison.

As a com and fans of TRON in gen, what are your thoughts about the demo, and what do you expect to see in the upcomming game.....

End Of Line.........................................................................
End Of Line.........................................................................
No.... Really...... End Of Line................................................

order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

KiaPurity
User

Re: What R Ur Thoughts????

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 12:33 AM
Everyone knows I love the demo. The demo looks weird on my father's computer (granted, the computer makes the minimum requirements, but it looks good on my computer.)

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Quicksilver6
User

I like it

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 12:46 AM
I like it. I think it's a good game. I have a couple gripes. though: The latency is HORRIBLE! I have CABLE and it's as slow as can be! Why didn't they include a dedicated server app?!?! Secondly, the Light cycles need work. The turning isn't as responsive as it needs to be. It has a small delay between turns, measuring in microseconds, but that can kill you in Lightcycles. Also, the computer Ai is cheap. it can turn extremely quick but you can't, resulting in a lot of frustration. Other then that, though, I like the game.

"QUICK! Stand out there yelling "Here, kitty kitty" in swedish!"

Everything I need to know, I learned from Beeky the monk.
http://www.dropby.com/ElGrande/webcomic25.html

Falty
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 1:58 AM
The devs did warn us that the multiplayer capabilities with the lightcycles would be poor. I DO agree with you on the computer's ability to turn freakin' quickly. My strategy is to just go straight and they'll kill themselves off by trying to get ahead of you.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Quicksilver6
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 2:34 AM
I know that, but I want to be able to have Tron-style bouts, with wall to wall duels, not driving in a straight line! It's the CHALLENGE that makes a game fun, but having only a choice between driving in a plain old straight line or boxing yourself, or dying as a result of cheatin' A.I sucks. ANd I meant Latency in general, not just light cycles. People skip and jump all over in disc arena.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"QUICK! Stand out there yelling "Here, kitty kitty" in swedish!"

Everything I need to know, I learned from Beeky the monk.
http://www.dropby.com/ElGrande/webcomic25.html

curtishart
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 8:37 AM
Quicksilver6 Wrote:I like it. I think it's a good game. I have a couple gripes. though: The latency is HORRIBLE! I have CABLE and it's as slow as can be! Why didn't they include a dedicated server app?!?! Secondly, the Light cycles need work. The turning isn't as responsive as it needs to be. It has a small delay between turns, measuring in microseconds, but that can kill you in Lightcycles. Also, the computer Ai is cheap. it can turn extremely quick but you can't, resulting in a lot of frustration. Other then that, though, I like the game.

Originally, about 3-4 hours into the demo, I would have to chime in and say the single player lightcycles game if too tough to make the game enjoyable. For the first day, I couldn't win one game in Conscript's Revenge.

However...

Another few hours last night and I found a few hints/tips I'll share with others that are also frustrated:

1. Do NOT be aggressive.
2. Do NOT try to pull a Flynn with those hairpin turns you saw him pull in the movie, thinking if you cut off the AI it'll crash. 9/10 it don't work. You're not Flynn, you didn't write the program
3. Regular game too tough? Create you own game with less opponents and increase the number of opponents after each win. It's a good way to ween yourself to the default game.
4. (On levels 2 & 3) Green floors and green power-ups are EVIL! Use sparringly until you get the jist of what these can do to you and the opponents.

That's it from me. Have fun!

BTW, how come you can't create holes in the wall when opponents crashes and you can escape the game grid? That would be REALLY neat (Yes, I said 'neat') if you can do that in the full game.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

djmousie
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 9:27 AM
If anyone wants to host a game, we can probably get a better ping rate. Gamespy is fine for free play, but if we can host a game with 4 or so people per arena/light cycle game, i think we'll see more stability and less programs getting stuck in mid air when they jump. Ive noticed, on internet play 'ill throw my disc and ill get it back like 10 seconds later, and then when i get it back im usually dead due to the lag *sniff sniff*abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 11:53 AM
curtishart Wrote:

Originally, about 3-4 hours into the demo, I would have to chime in and say the single player lightcycles game if too tough to make the game enjoyable. For the first day, I couldn't win one game in Conscript's Revenge.

However...

Another few hours last night and I found a few hints/tips I'll share with others that are also frustrated:

1. Do NOT be aggressive.
2. Do NOT try to pull a Flynn with those hairpin turns you saw him pull in the movie, thinking if you cut off the AI it'll crash. 9/10 it don't work. You're not Flynn, you didn't write the program
3. Regular game too tough? Create you own game with less opponents and increase the number of opponents after each win. It's a good way to ween yourself to the default game.
4. (On levels 2 & 3) Green floors and green power-ups are EVIL! Use sparringly until you get the jist of what these can do to you and the opponents.

That's it from me. Have fun!

BTW, how come you can't create holes in the wall when opponents crashes and you can escape the game grid? That would be REALLY neat (Yes, I said 'neat') if you can do that in the full game.

Oh, so that was what I was doing wrong! Pulling a Flynn. :P Of course, I was messing around with the turning to see how quick my reflexes were. Kind of a bad idea to do it with a smart AI on easy. X_X AI- 10, Kia- 0, ow.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Scuzzy
User

on Thursday, July, 03, 2003 12:00 PM
Yeah, the AI can pull off those kind of stunts becasue they don't have the disadvantage of Human Reflexes. I've noticed that on a lot of games (WarCraft/StarCraft, for instance, where the computer can keep tabs on 3 bases at once, where we mere Humans have to click and drag and stuff.) order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Qix77
User

on Monday, August, 18, 2003 10:56 PM
OK..... I want to revive this thread to ask another question...

>>>

I know many of you have disscussed this, but let's make it offical....

Here are my thoughts....

The new light-cycle level (with the yellow cycles) is easier.. But a very interesting level indeed.

The singleplayer FPS rocks... I spend most of my time after defeating everyone, just looking at the level and in awe because I really feel that I'm in the world of TRON... WOW..

I love the training level... It's great to get a brief look at a blue level (along with the MP FPS level).. I just wished there were bots for the MP level because I only have a 56k and a crappy ISP.

My only complaint is how game demos (and FPS games in gen) are made today... Call me old school but I really do miss the seven-levels an episode and 3+ episodes a game... Which is one episode in a demo...

Now I know that it would be way too large to download these days... and I know there are other tech reasons why... It's just that I miss the concept..

But I'm so so so so soooooooooooooooooooooo happy that the gold demo rocks so much....

Once again....

>>>
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, August, 18, 2003 11:10 PM

Well, the Gold demo rocks, no question about it. Runs smooth as butter on even my modest setup, with all the eye-candy turned on. Multiplayer discs is far better now. Light Cycles . . . admittedly I haven't played much, because I really suck at it. But at least I kick butt in Single Player, which is what interests me most.

I haven't played the CGM demo (the one with the intro cinematic and seeker), so I can't comment on that personally.

But the first MP demo, that was also given to customers that pre-ordered the game, was . . . er . . . not very good. I kinda have to agree with Penny Arcade. But Tycho retracted his statement when he tried the Gold demo, so that's cool. He realized the error of his ways, that it's not fair to judge the game based on pre-release code.

I just wish, like you, that the Gold demo was longer. It's so . . . short. *Sigh*. I can only play it so often, to keep my mind off the full game's release.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0 
 What R Ur Thoughts????