Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 demo in stereo 3d

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
rhender.exe
User

on Saturday, July, 05, 2003 3:32 AM
Decided to give the demo a go using stereo 3d, bracing myself for horrible ghosting. Ghosting occurs whenever you use shutterglasses to look at a bright object in a otherwise dark enviroment (which pretty well sums up the Tron universe!). It isn't too bad actually. I did notice that during the lightcycles tutorial that the figure on the super lightcycle is not fully 3d, just the light up parts. Everything else was at the right depth. During the host a game of discs I did see bad ghosting on my hands and disc (they're such a bright blue). Parts of my hand were also not rendered in stereo, notibly my thumb.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Rhender.exe

Qix77
User

Re: Tron 2.0 demo in stereo 3d

on Saturday, July, 05, 2003 4:30 AM
This is intresting to me.... I think I understand you correctly... but before I comment, could you please explain "Ghosting"???

For those who don't know, stereo isn't just sound but there is such a thing as stereo gfx.... Today, it's rare for someone to bring it up in games (unless I missed something).

But if you could explain a bit more, I'd like to hear...

Scuzzy
User

on Saturday, July, 05, 2003 9:42 AM
I remember it was a big thang a little while ago. Stereoscopic glasses that you would plug into the back of your video card and they would darken and lighten in synch with the flashing of the screen and you would get a better 3D experience, but I think they dropped off the radar becasue the glasses were too heavy and the flashing caused headaches at least and I'm sure I remember some seizures as well. I think they're still offered with some cards...

This is what you're talking about, isn't it? abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

rhender.exe
User

on Saturday, July, 05, 2003 3:29 PM
Well, if you remember the old days before cable tv, you remember futzing with the antenna to get a good picture. Sometimes you would see a double image, one fainter than the other while you were tuning the antenna. If there was a person on the screen, it looked like they had a "ghost" following them around.

The same effect happens in stereo 3d applications when using shutterglasses. The glasses darken one side at a time, only really really fast. They don't darken completely, or the monitor is not quite in sync with the glasses. You briefly see both images, one is fading from the screen while the other is being drawn on the screen. Clear as mud?

I don't use my stereo 3d glasses religiously, but I will break them out from time to time. This was one of those occasions when I thought, "wonder how Tron 2.0 looks in stereo 3d?".on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Rhender.exe

Scuzzy
User

on Saturday, July, 05, 2003 3:40 PM
I remember playing MDK with them and thinking, "There's not enough Excedrin on the planet to help me..."

But it was very groovy.

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0