General Discussion 
 Those G4 Weenies

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
IsoLine
User

Those G4 Weenies

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 4:49 AM
Watching Filter on G4 just a few minutes ago and they were all about classic gaming. Guess what place TRON came in...Number 5. Can you believe it, non classic games like TMNT and Street Fighter took top spots over a classic quarter slammer like TRON. G4 needs a butt whuppin'!

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Those G4 Weenies

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 12:14 PM
Well, at least Tron made it into the list. That's tons better than not being in the list. Which TMNT one, the arcade or old NES versions they made?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, July, 20, 2003 1:57 PM
I remember the NES version because it was almost the same as the C64 version... only difference was April. NES, you saved her easily. C64 version, oh no, it's not that easy. You had to chase after Bebop and Rocksteady to find her.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

IsoLine
User

on Monday, July, 21, 2003 12:23 AM
Sketch Wrote:Well, at least Tron made it into the list. That's tons better than not being in the list. Which TMNT one, the arcade or old NES versions they made?

It was the Arcade TMNT, the Simpsons game, which used the same animation techniques as TMNT came in 7th place I believe. I think Pac Man came in first place.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, July, 23, 2003 3:56 AM
I loved the TMNT arcade game! I never played the Simpsons one, but there was an X-Men one that was pretty cool too

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, July, 23, 2003 8:34 AM
Nikster Wrote:I loved the TMNT arcade game! I never played the Simpsons one, but there was an X-Men one that was pretty cool too

I've played 'em all. I actually beat the X-Men one with the help of a friend and it... looped. X_X Evil game. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Atreis
User

on Thursday, August, 07, 2003 8:22 AM
Ah, the age of when the beat-em-up ruled the arcades. I still have fond memories of crowding around the machines, fending off against the last wave of enemies, and the mad dash to have the last quarter ready before the timer ran out to help friends put the finishing touches to the last boss. Good times, good times.

(Off-topic: Nikster...the little kitty in your sig is so cute!)

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, August, 07, 2003 10:07 AM
Yeah the biggest rush came when your struggleing to cram quarters into the machie while it countdowns to Game Over. And they always played fast paced music to really get your nerves going so you would really fumble to get your quarters into the slot.

At a local Pizza Place the bigget game there was the Simpsons arcade game. That was a cool game. I remember one night all the kids there banded togehter to beat it. Each character control had a small line. If a kid had to leave or ran out of quarters another would take their place at the controls so the game could continue.

The TMNT game was sweet, it was basically the whole TMNT franchise and show all cramed into an arcade game. The Cinema 8 in the town near us had that game. There was always a line in order to play it. I always loved how you could swing the footsoilders at the screen and they would scream. The levels were so cool and well made. And it had plenty of robots and characters taken directally from the show. The designers payed alot of attention to detail on that game. Hmmm, for some reason I have a craving for pizza now. Ha ha ha!
*TMNT theme gets stuck in mind*order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Those G4 Weenies