User

Re: Tron: U don't look 21

on Friday, August, 01, 2003 2:33 PM
I second that motion, Nikster!

curtishart
User

on Friday, August, 01, 2003 2:50 PM
Trace Wrote:I second that motion, Nikster!

Yea, but how is everyone going to get there? I can't afford a plane ticket and I forgot to purchase my Digitize(TM) Program 30 days in advance

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Speeder
User

on Saturday, August, 02, 2003 1:51 PM
I don't even think I'm old inuf to fly, plus i can't afford it!!!!! and i'm still at school, though I suppose maybe latter in life there might be another!!

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

lifeasis
User

on Saturday, August, 02, 2003 11:52 PM
As I sit here & read everyones POSTS, I wonder what it was like seeing TRON in theaters back in 1982, I missed out on that experience. But you guys didn't, thanks for sharing your memories. I only remember from about 1984 & on, being born in 1980.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Qix77
User

on Sunday, August, 03, 2003 12:04 AM
lifeasis Wrote:As I sit here & read everyones POSTS, I wonder what it was like seeing TRON in theaters back in 1982, I missed out on that experience. But you guys didn't, thanks for sharing your memories. I only remember from about 1984 & on, being born in 1980.

As a kid in the early 80's, it was pretty cool. Atari 2600 (VCS), Arcades being the coolest hang out, Heavy Metal blasting on the radio.... It was great.

But not as cool as it is these days. Everyone has computers, CD players (back in the 80's it was new and expenceive), the net, MP3s, etc... and most importantly, we have Tron-Sector... where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

BitBrain
User

on Wednesday, August, 13, 2003 2:03 AM
After reading posts for a couple months, I've finally decided to contribute lol...

I remember in Summer of '82 when I first saw a commercial for the movie on TV. I was in total awe of the brief clips of the lightcycles, the Solar Sailer, the Recognizers, etc. It was an incredible sight for an 8 year old kid lol, or anybody for that matter at the time. I begged and begged my parents to take me to see it. Threw numerous tantrums, broke a few toys (such as my tabletop Donkey Kong game), it took some work to convince them to spring for a movie ticket. Finally they gave in, and took me to the theater on a Saturday. Eyes glued to the screen, box of Sno Caps in my hand and it was just the coolest thing. When I got home that day, I bragged about it to my little friends. One by one they saw it as well and we became some serious Tron devotees. Even though the computer terminology was way over our heads, the action was just damn cool. We even went as far as to make up stories about ppl going into arcades and getting sucked into Tron machines.

The next time I saw Tron was the night it premiered on the Disney Channel it was either in 83 or 84. It was such a special occasion that my dad went out and bought a VCR just so he could record it for me lol and VCRs were not cheap back then. I had my 4 Tron figures on the coffee table, hardcover Tron storybook, yo-yo etc. I was such a geek back then that I wanted to know how some of the 'real world' pics in the storybook looked bigger than what was filmed lol ('pan & scan' was not in my vocab @ that age).

Anyways, this movie is still near and dear to me and brings back so many memories of my childhood. Love the site too.

END OF LINE.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 11:23 AM
This is an old thread that I wanted to revive.

Tron will be 25 this year... Wow... and now I'm 30... After all these years I'm still watching the movie rather often... and still amazed.

It's not just a connection to my childhood, but just the awe over a great movie.

TRON LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 11:50 AM

I am hoping that there will be a 25th anniversary DVD release or something like that... but honestly.. how can you top the 20th Anniversary DVD?

Maybe they'll put it out on Blue Ray or HDDV.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 1:21 PM
Probably both since Disney is doing both for POTC. (As I understand it, Silver plans on buying the blu-ray versions of POTC1 and POTC2 on the day that POTC3 is released in the theatres.)

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 1:27 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:Probably both since Disney is doing both for POTC.

POTC? Planet Of The.... Chimps?
Pord Of The Cings?

Dakota Bob
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 2:13 PM
Boingo_Buzzard Wrote:
KiaPurity Wrote:Probably both since Disney is doing both for POTC.

POTC? Planet Of The.... Chimps?
Pord Of The Cings?

Pirates of the Carribean, you old man

I watched the Tron DVD when I was 13 to see what it was all about, loved it.

And now I'm....14

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 5:57 PM
Dakota Bob Wrote:
Pirates of the Carribean, you old man

Oh hehhe. See, if she had said "POTC: COTBP" or "POTC: DMC" I would have been all over that translation.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, February, 14, 2007 6:11 PM
Yeah, except I couldn't remember the subtitles. >.>order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

doctorclu
User

on Thursday, February, 15, 2007 11:44 AM
Summer of '82? My first experiences with TRON were the commercials and the arcade game. I was focused on Star Trek:The Wrath of Khan. Great movie!

So with TRON is was a matter of taking it in through what friends told me at school & what I saw in the various Intellivision video games. Did I rent TRON and watch it at home, or see it at a friend's house? Or did I finally get a chance to see it when I saved enough money to buy the tape? I really don't remember.

All I remember was I thought the movie was out of context of the video games. There was not NEAR enough Disc battles for one. I mean I could do better than TRON in "TRON Deadly Discs" for the Intellivision. And the Grid Bugs that littered the screen on the TRON arcade game were only shown for only a few seconds in the movie.

Dispite this thought, and dispite the fact that the characters in the early copies would mumble.. mumble.. mumble.... ROAR.. CRASH.. BANG!!! (low talking, and then loud action sequences.. hehehe)... The movie was just amazing.

I left the story and scenery up to the movie, and I killed off those grid warriors on the side in "TRON Deadly Discs".

And now, the DVD has the sound corrected, and with SUBTITLES if you still cannot understand what is said (I couldn't understand half of what was said for YEARS), and now TRON 2.0 has the scenery, the story, AND MANY MANY Disc battles. Yeh baby!!

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron: U don't look 21