Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Bug or on purpose?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
braincandy99
User

Bug or on purpose?

on Friday, August, 22, 2003 5:40 PM
So I finally downloaded the new demo! woohoo!

I found a bug with the light cycle single player that if you die, the and the msg box comes up asking if you want to continue and you click Yes, you tend to be left in spectator mode for ever, even if the other contestants have de-rezzed and the game should cycle to a new round.

That's not what I am concerned about.

I played the Disc Arena internet game last night and I found it really disturbing that when you jump onto one of the platforms with the 3 rings of light, that you can land in-between the rings and get de-rezzed, or you can land in-between and get stuck until you finally fall through and get de-rezzed.

I am not talking about jumping onto a 3-ring platform when your opponent has removed one of the rings, I am talking about when all 3 rings are there.

The fact you can get stuck between them sometimes and others just fall straight through just seems buggy.

Also, sometimes between rounds or after a match my avatar has somehow switched to have no disc in his hands. I have changed my default key layout to have my mouse-wheel up and mouse-wheel down represent the previous/next weapon keys. I know I am not hitting the wheel when this happens. Other people mentioned the same problem.

Mostly I wanted to mention the issues I found, but I wanted to blow off some bits too.

FusionAddict
User

Re: Bug or on purpose?

on Friday, August, 22, 2003 8:11 PM
braincandy99 Wrote:So I finally downloaded the new demo! woohoo!

I found a bug with the light cycle single player that if you die, the and the msg box comes up asking if you want to continue and you click Yes, you tend to be left in spectator mode for ever, even if the other contestants have de-rezzed and the game should cycle to a new round.

Hmmm, never seen this happen before...

That's not what I am concerned about.

lol then why'd you mention it?

I played the Disc Arena internet game last night and I found it really disturbing that when you jump onto one of the platforms with the 3 rings of light, that you can land in-between the rings and get de-rezzed, or you can land in-between and get stuck until you finally fall through and get de-rezzed.

I am not talking about jumping onto a 3-ring platform when your opponent has removed one of the rings, I am talking about when all 3 rings are there.

The fact you can get stuck between them sometimes and others just fall straight through just seems buggy.

The sticking thing sometimes happens when rings rerezz as you're jumping onto it. As for suddenly falling through, this is usually a lag issue.

Also, sometimes between rounds or after a match my avatar has somehow switched to have no disc in his hands. I have changed my default key layout to have my mouse-wheel up and mouse-wheel down represent the previous/next weapon keys. I know I am not hitting the wheel when this happens. Other people mentioned the same problem.

This is not a bug, some server operators turn off the option to allow disc combat between mateches in the lobby.

Mostly I wanted to mention the issues I found, but I wanted to blow off some bits too.

Thanks for asking!

The Clu abides, man...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Bug or on purpose?