New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Qix77
User

New Amiga: What I posted at their site.

on Monday, September, 29, 2003 2:17 AM
The following is what I had posted at:

www.amiga.com

I had been a member for a few years and the old Commodore's Amiga computer is making another attempt to be re-intorduced into todays world (in a new format).

If your an Amiga fan, then before replying to this post please visit their site. There is a lot of confusion going on within the Amiga forums and I just posted my thoughts.

LONG LIVE AMIGA.....

The following is a reply about the future of the new AmigaOne computer.

>>>>>>>>> Reply to: Amiga Is Dead <<<<<<<<<<

Too soon to tell...

The Amiga hasn't gotten a strong foot hold as of yet, but I'm not going to pretend what will happen.

What is really strange about the U.S. is anything can happen regardless what is happening in the present. I'm not saying that Amiga will be successful or not, but I'm just saying that there are possibilities when one plays their cards right.

The shame that I find is that the new Amiga isn't known to the common user (or too many retired Amiga users for that matter). I found out about it by random chance a year ago. Something must be done about this.

Anyways, if Amiga corp. is serious about selling this product then they have to find a way to advertise the new Amiga to the common user through all forms of mass media. This takes money, so they will have to conserve some to make this possible.

I'm an old-school fan boy and I want them to succeed, but they won’t if they don't let the general public know that Amiga is still alive (or even existed). Otherwise, Amiga will stay dormant once again till someone else has the guts to attempt its resurrection.

I just hope they have the proper strategy.

AMIGA (ALWAYS AND FOREVER)

Auric
Sector Creator

Re: New Amiga: What I posted at their site.

on Monday, September, 29, 2003 10:19 AM
AMIGA!

Man I was an old school Amiga guy. Shadow of the Beast, Defender of the Crown, Rocket Ranger, etc etc.

Still have my A500 and A3000 systems

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Qix77
User

on Monday, September, 29, 2003 11:05 PM
Me too... We really had a lot of fun computers back then.

What's really cool is that after the Amiga rights had been tossed around for years, someone bought the rights and is makeing a new Amiga computer (but based on new tech.)

I'd love to see it come back, but there are doubts that will happen. But it this new Amiga Corp. can do the job, I'd love to be back in the Amiga universe again.

Qix77
User

on Monday, September, 29, 2003 11:05 PM
I didn't mean to double post... Sorry...

Compucore
User

on Monday, September, 29, 2003 11:12 PM
I've seen and heard about how the Amifga was. I never bought one since I couldn't use it for what I needed it for at the time. But it would be interestonmg to see them come back and have some good times. I would like to try and get one this time around. Just for kicks. to see what I can do with it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Lew
User

on Tuesday, September, 30, 2003 5:09 AM
I never actually owned an Amiga but got to play around with a few at friends' hosues. Personally I'd just like to see some of the old games re-made on modern machines. Something along the lines of Ambrosia Software's Deimos Rising (available on both Mac and Windows. I have the Mac version and it's great) which, if you check out the screenshot page (which also has some QuickTime movies of the game in action) looks and plays very similarly to the Bitmap Brothers' Amiga classic Xenon.

Xenon:

Deimos Rising:

Qix77
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 6:49 AM
I was just playing "Another World" (this was done by the same team that did 'Flash Back' with what possibly could have been the same game engine) and I remembered how hot this game was when it first came out. I wasn't able to play the game till a German friend of mine sent me a cracked copy. I know this was bad, but I was a kid amazed in the artistic relm of Amiga gaming and games were hard to come by for that computer.

Other cool games I remember playing were:

Leander
Turrcain 2 (most likely misspelled)
Beast series
Nitro
Hybris
Battle Zone (Hybris II 'I think')
Fast Eddie's Pool
Lemmings (first game and the best ever port)
Pinball Dreams
and First Samurai

If you are into Emulation, these are just a few you should check out... Had good times with the comp. and still enjoy'n it today.. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 10:48 AM
It would be interesting to see if and when the new amiga does come out. In the ever changing world of computers. Its always interesting to see what is coming out. And how it has changed. From the low end machines all the way to the high end machines.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 1:34 PM
I remember my early days at Disney software when we were developing games for DOS and Amiga on a regular basis. I had a hand in Arachnophobia, Disney Animation Studio, Dick Tracy Adventure and a few other Amiga titles there.

I also miss the ability to play animations by Eric Schwartz! that guy had a some great animated clips but they only play on an Amiga!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

Lew
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 8:08 AM
I Wrote:Personally I'd just like to see some of the old games re-made on modern machines.

OMG!!!! On of my favourite games from the 8/16-bit days has been re-made!

Head over Heels

Original version (Sinclair Spectrum, C16/C64, MSX)

Original version (Amstrad CPC)

New version (Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS)

The cuddly bunnies give bonuses like extra lives and invincibility

The object in the bottom corner of the screen is a teleporter

The bag allows Heels to carry objects. The floor in this room is deadly so Heels must move the Prince Charles/Dalek using the joystick on the left

Head and Heels begin the game apart but eventually meet up. When they join together their abilities are shared. Head can't run very fast but he can jump further than Heels and can glide with his wings. He can also use the donut gun to freeze enemies. Heels is faster than Head but can only jump short distances. He uses the bag to carry objects. Some puzzles can only be solved when the two are joined, and others can only be solved if they are apart

This game was the best of its genre at the time (circa 1987) and (IMO) it has stood the test of time very well. I recommend it to all.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, December, 02, 2003 11:13 AM
Microsark! Hee-hee. Cool.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Qix77
User

on Saturday, December, 06, 2003 6:42 AM
Hey..

Did anyone check out the older Amiga OS (not Workbench)?????????????

If so... does it do well in Old School Amiga Emus???????????????????///

foilism
User

on Sunday, December, 07, 2003 4:05 PM
Mimizuku, I used to have that game on an oldy bbc computor, can't recall the name, but it was damn hard!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 New Amiga: What I posted at their site.