General Discussion 
 Tron trivia.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ralphredimix
User

Tron trivia.

on Tuesday, September, 30, 2003 5:18 AM
I tried to do the tron trivia on this site and it isn't working for me. Does it work for anyone else?

For kicks, I made my own trivia site. Y'all should go and test your Tron mettle. Here's the link.

http://www.quizie.com/test.php?testid=430456

Phear the pop-ups.

flynn1978
User

Re: Tron trivia.

on Tuesday, September, 30, 2003 1:35 PM
Ram is misspelled as Rom in your quiz.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

lifeasis
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2003 10:59 AM
You call that a TRON quiz, I aced that shit! Those questions are easy. What did everybody else in here get on it. You think it be alot harder, NO

At least give me a friggin challengeorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2003 1:41 PM
Do you have to swear!!

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

MasterControlProgram
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2003 2:18 PM
here is my score... my name on there is "tron"
i got an 83% not bad....

Hall of Fame

Name Score

1. tron 83%

End of Line

"I want Him the Games Until he DIES playing!"-MCP

Click here to Make Money reading e mails. Sign up is FREE

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2003 4:41 PM
100%

All too easy.

However...

That question about RAM's user having to like popcorn makes absolutely no sense.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

lifeasis
User

on Wednesday, October, 01, 2003 7:47 PM
Speeder Wroteo you have to swear!!

My bad, I apologize if I offended U!

Speeder
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2003 5:51 AM
That's OK

I got 73%, I got Sarks light cycle Wrong!!!!! Damn

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

ralphredimix
User

on Friday, October, 17, 2003 9:38 PM
MutoidMan Wrote:100%

That question about RAM's user having to like popcorn makes absolutely no sense.

I disagree.

Dan Shor, the actor who played RAM also played the co-worker who asks Alan if he can have some of his popcorn in the scene where Alan is called to Dillinger's office.

Therefore, if we assume that all programs in Tron's world are physical representations of their users in the real world we can assume that co-worker was RAM's user, and he obviously likes popcorn.

Booya.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Qix77
User

on Friday, October, 17, 2003 11:20 PM
lifeasis Wrote:You call that a TRON quiz, I aced that shit! Those questions are easy. What did everybody else in here get on it. You think it be alot harder, NO

At least give me a friggin challenge

Well... It's easy to you and the rest of us because we are true TRON fans. But to the novice fan, they'd have a hell of a time.

I enjoyed the quiz. I just hope that there will be a TRON 2.0 quiz in the near future (only about the story and not about the tech. end).

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, October, 17, 2003 11:22 PM
The co-worker's name, which is not credited anywhere that I know of, is Walter Dizzly. I was told this by Steven Lisberger. He needed someone to do the role and Dan was available, so Dan it was.

DaveTRON

MutoidMan
User

on Saturday, October, 18, 2003 12:13 AM
ralphredimix Wrote:

I disagree.

Dan Shor, the actor who played RAM also played the co-worker who asks Alan if he can have some of his popcorn in the scene where Alan is called to Dillinger's office.

Therefore, if we assume that all programs in Tron's world are physical representations of their users in the real world we can assume that co-worker was RAM's user, and he obviously likes popcorn.

Booya.

RAM was an actuarial program who worked at a big insurance company.

Walter Dizzly worked at ENCOM.

ENCOM is not a big insurance company.

Ergo, Walter Dizzly, who worked at ENCOM, which is not a big insurance company, could not have been RAM's user, and therefore one cannot assume that RAM's user likes popcorn.

Besides, Dan Shor just filled in that part on short notice; that right there tells you that if someone else not featured as a program had been available to play the part, you would never have associated Walter Dizzly with RAM. If Peter Jurasik had been the one to play the part, would you then think that Walter Dizzly was CROM's user?

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

curtishart
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 6:18 AM
MutoidMan Wrote:
ralphredimix Wrote:

I disagree.

Booya.

RAM was an actuarial program who worked at a big insurance company.

Walter Dizzly worked at ENCOM.

ENCOM is not a big insurance company.

Ergo, Walter Dizzly, who worked at ENCOM, which is not a big insurance company, could not have been RAM's user, and therefore one cannot assume that RAM's user likes popcorn.

Besides, Dan Shor just filled in that part on short notice; that right there tells you that if someone else not featured as a program had been available to play the part, you would never have associated Walter Dizzly with RAM. If Peter Jurasik had been the one to play the part, would you then think that Walter Dizzly was CROM's user?

Walter could have written the program, "Ram". Besides, I think we have to accept the movie as canon and not take into account all the "behind the scenes" decisions. Personally, I like the fact Dan Shor did that part...of course I didn't notice it when the movie came out in 82, but knowing it now ties it up in a neat little package. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 12:47 PM

Isn't it supposed to be Walter Disley? (Change one letter and . . . hint, hint.)

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

MutoidMan
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 12:55 PM
Maybe people just think it would be nice if Walter Dizzly wrote RAM, but unfortunately that don't make it so.

There is absolutely nothing in the movie that even hints at the possibility that Walter Dizzly wrote RAM. You don't even get a good look at Walter's face, and the face is the key to associating a program with its user. Most people didn't know Walter was Dan Shore unless they were told, so how can you associate the two?

Furthermore, if you want to stick to canon and not go by "behind the scenes" decisions, then the character Walter Dizzly is actually "the guy that asks for Alan's popcorn" because the part is unnamed and uncredited in the movie. We found out the name from those people who are "behind the scenes".where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron trivia.