TRON: LEGACY 
 Sequel style

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
ShadowDragon1
User

Re: Sequel style

on Wednesday, June, 16, 2004 3:50 PM
Similar to the original style, The live actors in the computer world should have there body-suit, circuitry patterns, and armor pieace CG rendered on to them. and technological translucent and tranparent energy pattern and circuitry pattern texture map on to ther face, hands and specific one to add detail to the eviroments, somewhat like Tron 2.0 but on a ful-scale film level.

To me that whould be awesome. The movie should sort of be based on the PC game IMO. I'd love to see Bruce Boxleitner play Alan Bradly and even an "upgraded" Tron again. I think he *can* do it, He was awesome in Babylon Five, with some training and getting into shape he can be "Tron" again. Teamed up with Jet (hopefully played by someone like Casper Van Dien http://members.tripod.com/~malluvian/CasperUS.jpg or Jude Law) Would be pretty cool.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 1:11 AM
I think I should play Jet instead. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 1:24 PM
88MPH Wrote:Well there is a movie in the works right now where the actors are 100% submerged in CGI. No backgrounds, not sets, nothing.

It's called the Polar Express with Tom Hanks. So this one is sure to be visually interesting.
Had to comment, I just saw the trailer for this, and it looks like it's all CGI...

In my opinion I would like to see real actors with CGI, and motion capture could be used for some charachters that would require it. (the only one I could think of would be face capture for Ma3a, though) or, if total CGI for the digital world, I think it should be motion capured CGI.

although, looking at Tron 2.0, how do you think charachters like the ICPs (with a big hole in their midsection) and the Kernal (wierd head) would be done with actual actors and cameras?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

ettercap
User

on Tuesday, June, 29, 2004 5:02 PM
A complete CGI experience of a Tron sequel would be very nice – especially if it was done with the detail and attention that was paid to Final Fantasy: TSW. However, I think that the spirit of the franchise would be lost if this were the approach that were taken. Even though complete CGI ventures are becoming more and more prevalent in the film industry it still falls mostly within the realm of “cartoons” (i.e. – Shrek, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, etc.). There is also the fact that when most people go to a completely CGI movie then tend to focus on how well the CG are rendered and how “real” it all looks. These two factors would weigh heavily against a Tron sequel being taken seriously and appreciated in a manner that the first was, and still is. Not to mention that 20 years from now would people look back at a CGI Tron 2.0 and consider it as much of a masterpiece as the original? …Doubtful. It would be just another CGI venture in an era of many. …Now if we were talking about a TV show based on the film then I would agree that a CGI immersed treatment would be a interesting idea. I always like the Tron-like qualities of Re-Boot, and found myself longing for a CGI series of Tron.

I think that a primarily live action film with CGI additives that followed in the filming style of the original would be the way to go. It would add an element of continuity to the franchise, and help further a visual style that was set in place over 20 years ago.

As far a an anime style… not only would it be too far removed from the original I don’t think that main stream movie goers would be accepting of it. To those that are not familiar with anime, or don’t like it it can be a visually overloading experience. I enjoy some anime, but I don’t think that a big screen sequel to Tron is the time or place for it.

01000101 01001110 01000100 0010000001001111 01000110 00100000 0100110001001001 01001110 01000101 00101110
Box Full of Sky

The PimpDragon
User

on Friday, July, 02, 2004 3:10 PM
I think if you look at what Kerry Conran is doing with Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, you can see what could potentially be done with Tron 2.0.

Conran developed software so advanced that the only thing real in the film is the actors. If you see two people standing in a doorway - the doorway isn't real!

Tron 2.0 would be the perfect "next step" for this software and would allow for human actors to be in a totally immersive CG world - both in the real and electronic worlds.

If Sky Captain succeeds, and I TRULY hope it does, I hope that the production team on Tron 2.0 sees it and realizes its potential.

No matter what, as long as they can keep similar designs and elaborate on others (as they did in the PC game), the film can succeed and possibly surpass the original.

I'd love to see how the Internet would come into play in this vast new electronic world!

I just hope that they get Wendy Carlos to return for the score!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ettercap
User

on Tuesday, July, 06, 2004 11:18 AM
I just hope that they get Wendy Carlos to return for the score!

I'm more of the mindset of bringing someone like James Horner or Elliot Goldenthal on board to do the score. As much as I love Wendy Carlos' original score I tend to feel that her music hasn't progressed as well with the times as other composers.

When Wendy first made a name for herself in the 60's she was on the cutting edge with her "Switched on Bach," and her timing was perfect for "A Clockwork Orange" which was a masterpiece soundtrack of the 70’s next to "Star Wars." Her crafty melding of synthesizer and classic orchestration helped fuel the futuristic, yet nightmarishly surreal world of Kubrick's vision. But, IMO, when she was signed on to do the score for "Tron" her style was already suffering from sounding slightly dated.

I had the original soundtrack on vinyl back in '82, and only being 12 years old there were times in the score that I felt sounded "silly" (for lack of a better word in a 12 year old's mind). I struck me, even then that there was better work being done with synthesizers in the contemporary pop music of the time, than in the score of the film (I was listening to a lot of Rush then). Looking back on it now (...add in the fact that I've been listening to the the Tron CD everyday for the past 2 weeks in my car) I have a better understanding of what bugged me about certain aspects of the Wendy's score. There is no denying her talent, but quite often I’m reminded of her work in "A Clockwork Orange"... which, as I already said, was perfect for 1971, but somehow lacking in development for 1982. And often when she incorporates synthesizers they seem to compete with the orchestra for dominance in a given piece instead of working with it, or accompanying it. My favorite piece on the Tron soundtrack is "Sea of Simulation." In this piece, above all others, I think that she has found the perfect balance between synthesizer and orchestra – there is no competition: when one element is strong the other is subdued… a perfect harmony (as it were). ...Not to mention I absolutely love the simple, yet dark and stealthy notes that dance around themselves as a repeating and growing motif in this piece. My next favorite piece is "Water Music And Tronaction." The balance is almost as solid as "Sea of Simulation," but still an excellent piece. I tend to like this piece because it weighs heavily on the use of the orchestra, and employs the synthesizer as almost a secondary element. Aside from these I tend to favor the moments that are dominated by the orchestra... especially "Break In (for Strings, Flutes, and Celesta)."

Yes, Wendy Carlos captured an essence of the video game saturated time of the early 80's with her score, but it echoes a little too often of work done nearly a decade prior. Which doesn't necessarily help propel the music into the future like the imagery on screen does. I can't help but feel that the use of someone like James Horner would only bolster the depth, grandeur, and vibrancy needed to flesh out a sequel. Wendy Carlos, may only further date the film to its predecessor.

...just my 2 cents...

01000101 01001110 01000100 0010000001001111 01000110 00100000 0100110001001001 01001110 01000101 00101110
Box Full of Sky

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, July, 06, 2004 12:00 PM
ettercap Wrote:A complete CGI experience of a Tron sequel would be very nice – especially if it was done with the detail and attention that was paid to Final Fantasy: TSW. However, I think that the spirit of the franchise would be lost if this were the approach that were taken. Even though complete CGI ventures are becoming more and more prevalent in the film industry it still falls mostly within the realm of “cartoons” (i.e. – Shrek, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, etc.). There is also the fact that when most people go to a completely CGI movie then tend to focus on how well the CG are rendered and how “real” it all looks. These two factors would weigh heavily against a Tron sequel being taken seriously and appreciated in a manner that the first was, and still is. Not to mention that 20 years from now would people look back at a CGI Tron 2.0 and consider it as much of a masterpiece as the original? …Doubtful. It would be just another CGI venture in an era of many. …Now if we were talking about a TV show based on the film then I would agree that a CGI immersed treatment would be a interesting idea. I always like the Tron-like qualities of Re-Boot, and found myself longing for a CGI series of Tron.

I think that a primarily live action film with CGI additives that followed in the filming style of the original would be the way to go. It would add an element of continuity to the franchise, and help further a visual style that was set in place over 20 years ago.

As far a an anime style… not only would it be too far removed from the original I don’t think that main stream movie goers would be accepting of it. To those that are not familiar with anime, or don’t like it it can be a visually overloading experience. I enjoy some anime, but I don’t think that a big screen sequel to Tron is the time or place for it.

You're absolutely right!

This would allow the geniuses at BVI and the other teams to simply have auditions for voice actors.

*flynn1978 hints, nudges and then screams, "pick me!!!!!!"
I have a history of using my VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE IF I SAY ONE LINE!!*

HEHE end of line.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

The PimpDragon
User

on Thursday, July, 08, 2004 3:10 PM
I can totally understand your thoughts on Carlos's score.

I guess I just want that sonic continuity as well. Maybe if she could bring her electric work and team up with a cool composer (ala David Arnold, James Horner, John Williams, Howard Shore, etc.) that the music would have a more epic - and electronic - scope.

Personally, as long as the film gets made, I don't care WHO scores it!

Just bring back Journey!

The look of the film is going to draw the most criticism. I still say Conran's work on Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is going to be a great way to get the electronic world of Tron 2.0 really going. It'd be a very similar style of filmmaking when compared to the original. Instead of black soundstages, they'd be blue or green. Instead of cool matte paintings, you'd have a fully immersive CG world.

The biggest question I have is where to go with the story. Do you just adapt the Tron 2.0 game or does Lisburger have something else cooking? I know on the 20th Anniversary DVD that he shows conceptual designs for a merging of electronic and organic styles in designing characters. Does he also have a particular story to go with these designs?

No matter. If he is involved, as well as Bruce Boxleitner and Jeff Bridges, I'm sold.

Now if we can just get a Buckaroo Banzai sequel going and my journey towards the 1980s will be complete!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ettercap
User

on Thursday, July, 08, 2004 3:40 PM
The PimpDragon Wrote:Now if we can just get a Buckaroo Banzai sequel going and my journey towards the 1980s will be complete!

!!!!
...And get the entire original cast back for his team and I would be waiting over night for tickets.!

...I can remember walking through the halls of my high school whistling the theme to Bukaroo Banzai. ...Great film!

As far as the story line goes for TRON 2.0: I think that following the game would be great, but given the length and depth of the game it would need to be trimmed down extensively. Also - movies based on video games either work or they don't... with most venturing into the realm of "don't." If it were based on the game it would have to fall into the hands of a very good screenwriter to make it work. I think a fresh approach would be the best idea... but it would have to be well crafted, thought out, and executed in order not to be cheesy sequel for the sake of sequels.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Box Full of Sky

The PimpDragon
User

on Thursday, July, 08, 2004 10:41 PM
ettercap, you'll have to see the Buckaroo Banzai DVD cover I designed because I was SO disappointed with the one MGM did!

It's pretty choice! I've had people ask for it, so I'll have to find a way to send it to you. It's pretty large, so I dare not host it here!

That theme is the bomb! I found it online so I listen to that MP3 religiously!

I think that Lisberger has something in mind. The only fear is that Disney wouldn't let him do his own stuff or take him out entirely.

I'd like to see what would happen to the system in this Internet age. Various programs of different nationalities, types, forms, etc. It could be visually striking and thematically interesting.

And would there be a new MCP? Or some form of virus? Who knows? Maybe McAfee would be the new villain!

I'm just excited to see what Disney opts to do for this. They really should give it the green light as there are many people that discovered the film after its initial release.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Saturday, August, 14, 2004 7:23 PM
I'd like to see new Tron movies at least once every 5 years... perhaps one every 10. Obviously, I'd like more, but that would be unrealistic. The difference between Tron and other movies is that computers and technology are always progressing. There would always be new material to use. I'd like to see Tron perhaps delve into the quantum computing realm, or something similar.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Sequel style