on Thursday, October, 02, 2003 3:02 PM
Want to know your stats in tron 2.0
Here's the site: www.csports.net
User_Program

dIrK
User

Re: Stat site :-)

on Thursday, October, 02, 2003 4:44 PM
It's nice to know that Tron 2.0 is getting some multiplayer support. It's ashame though that the actual stats are so cryptic. I don't know how they come up with the rankings nor if/when they even update them.

For example, I ONLY play lightcycles, yet on my ranking it calls it Disc Arena. Secondly, I checked the website 2 days ago and I was ranked 38. Since then I played quite a bit and won just about all the circuits I played in yet my ranking as of just before I'm posting this reply, is still 38. Ghetto.

Also there is no clear way to "save" your profiled player so you can go directly to the ranking. There is a section where you input names of players you use in games and on the right is a drop down box of games, but Tron 2.0 isn't listed. I e-mailed csports.net about this but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I'm hoping this is just the start of this ladder for Tron 2.0 and that they will build on this rather infant ranking system. Maybe start showing wins and losses/point totals etc. and show ranking changes in real time. Because I know they show how much you've played in real time. I see my hours played since Sept. 24th(which is I assume when they started the Tron 2.0 ladder) keep adding, but my ranking stays the same.

dIrKabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

User_Program
User

on Thursday, October, 02, 2003 7:10 PM
I dont know how the ranking system works ither I think the site is just keeping track of the time and not wins and losses. I havnt played discs in a month but im ranked 6 witch lead me to belive that it is all incorporated light cycles and discs. I think the site will get beter after some time though.
user_programwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

dIrK
User

on Friday, October, 03, 2003 4:17 PM
Just recieved an e-mail from one of the guys at csports.net. Here's a copy of the trascript:

Glad you are excited. Thanks for pointing out that the user settings do
not include Tron 2.0. They do now thanks for your help.

Re the Disc Arena stuff, that is what the server is reporting to us :-)
Keep in contact about this one.

all our ladders work the same way. Every 3 minutes we look at each
server and calculate the number of points each player scored during the
3 minute period. For each player we work out how many players who rank
above them on the ladder they have beaten and we raise their rank by
that number. In addition at the end of each day we apply what we call
"rank gravity" to all players that have not played for a while. Those
who have not played for more than 7 days accelerate on each additional
inactive day towards the bottom of the table.

For a full explanation of why we believe this is a good way to do it
have a look at this article
http://csports.computerandvideogames.com/story.asp?id=141

Regards
Edward
Computer Sports Network
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

M0b1u5
User

on Saturday, October, 04, 2003 7:01 PM
From my 4 years of online gaming, I can categorically say that Stats suck donkey testicles. The worst thing that can happen to a game is the recording of stats.

If you care about stats, then you are NOT playing the game for fun - and that sucks.

Frankly, who cares anyway?

All stats do is promote cheating, stupid bragging in chat, and other nasty things too.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

----------------------------------------------
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"

dIrK
User

on Sunday, October, 05, 2003 12:28 AM
Wow.

Rankings give added incentive to play the game. I don't play Tron 2.0 MP lightcycles for the stats. If I did, then I wouldn't be playing. I play for the fun and enjoyment of it. Being able to see where I rank amongst the rest of my gaming buddies would just be a bonus. Not to mention the fact that this community already seems to be struggling and maybe seeing that there is a ranking system will get more ppl to play in order to improve there rank.

You bitter, bitter man. :P

kmon
User

on Sunday, October, 05, 2003 11:01 AM
w00t I'm number 303!

Heh, these stat sites are misleading. Many top players end up on the bottem of these lists. But, its all in good fun. Its great that they are supporting tron 2.0 though, wonder if tron can make a cpl apperance

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

User_Program
User

on Sunday, October, 05, 2003 11:33 PM
I would have to say I am very happy with csports for putting this game on there list. I would also say that I am very happy with my stats 5th place now. Now the stats are very misleading dlrk is way at the bottom and anyone that has ever seen him on the grid would have to say he is the reincarnation of tron himself lol. But I still am happy having a higher rank than him at least for now Give it some time it takes about 3 weeks for the ranks to settle in there spots and the only way to see your rankings do anything is if you play play play more the hours beter the rank (unless you "suck donkey testicles" g1 M0b1u5) and for some reason I love the stats its makes me play harder.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

dIrK
User

on Monday, October, 06, 2003 1:12 AM
Hey, thanks User! You've got some pretty good skillz yourself.

This is the response after my 2nd e-mail...things are slowly progressing:

"Thanks for your help on this one. For some reason all the mods were
totally wrongly allocated. They should now be fixed. Let me know if
that is now the case. Thanks for your help.

The think about our system is that it is an equilibrium system. You are
somewhat fortunate/unfortunate to have gone in at such a high level.
You can only go higher if you consistently beat people in the ladder
above you. However people below you can also over take you by playing
people above you. So you are right, an indirect result of our
methodology is that you are on a slippery pole. The more you play the
faster you will achieve your equilibrium correct position and when you
get there you have to play a lot to stay up there. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your help and support and do please tell as many people as
you can that we are up and running."

Regards
Edward
Computer Sports Network

Now when I go to the stats page it says Lightcycle x instead of Disc Arena, so that's good. Of course I'm also STILL at 38. But my hours keep adding up. I swear all they need to do is just reset the stats. Sent him a reply asking if this might be a solution to the problem.

I'll keep you updated. Back to you, Chet.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
  Stat site :-)