General Discussion 
 Tron on the PS1

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Sketch
Sector Admin

Tron on the PS1

on Sunday, October, 19, 2003 10:18 PM
There was never a Tron game on the Playstation, but...
Tron can be found on the PS1. Mainly on an intro on the old Playstation Magazine Demo discs. They used the same intro for a couple of demos, then went with other intros each couple of months.

The intro starts out with the camera zooming in on an asteroid in space that has a station build on it. Coming closer it's a space age, Drive-in Dinner. In the parking lot sits a red Lightcycle. Ram must be in the dinner getting some space waffles.
After that we see 2 space cars drag race across the galaxy. Seeing the lightcycle is the highlight, even if it's just a background filler.

Here's 2 images I took of it. It's the best I could get with my new digicam. TV screens do not show up well on cameras, specially when the scene is moving. Wish the image could be better.

First shot

Close up

Just thought everyone would like to see it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Nikster
User

Re: Tron on the PS1

on Sunday, October, 19, 2003 11:24 PM
I remember that!

I think they used that intro 3 times.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Lew
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 7:50 AM
Wasn't there also a tank game on the PSX that was based on the Tron tanks? I seem to remember seeing screenshots.

* heads off for a quick Google... *

Here we are. It was called Assault Rigs.

Review from Computer & Video Games magazine
Psygnosis combine the maze game with the tank game to produce Assault Rigs. The styling is straight out of Disney's Tron, set inside the environs of a neon-gridded computer. The objective is to pilot your tank around increasing complex labyrinths looking for the gems that will unlock the door to the next complex labyrinth. A variety of tank styles is offered, from the fractal camouflage of VR tanks to good old WW2 spine-crushers. The changes are cosmetic, but players can choose between fast and light-armoured, slow heavy armoured and medium within each class. Enemies range from insectoid minelayers, to fixed homing missiles, plus jumps and simple logic puzzles built into the mazes

Lew
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 7:51 AM
DPon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Speeder
User

on Monday, October, 20, 2003 1:59 PM
I rember that intro, in fact I think I ahve it somewhere on a Demo Disk!!!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, October, 21, 2003 12:43 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote:Wasn't there also a tank game on the PSX that was based on the Tron tanks? I seem to remember seeing screenshots.

* heads off for a quick Google... *

Here we are. It was called Assault Rigs.

Review from Computer & Video Games magazine
Psygnosis combine the maze game with the tank game to produce Assault Rigs. The styling is straight out of Disney's Tron, set inside the environs of a neon-gridded computer. The objective is to pilot your tank around increasing complex labyrinths looking for the gems that will unlock the door to the next complex labyrinth. A variety of tank styles is offered, from the fractal camouflage of VR tanks to good old WW2 spine-crushers. The changes are cosmetic, but players can choose between fast and light-armoured, slow heavy armoured and medium within each class. Enemies range from insectoid minelayers, to fixed homing missiles, plus jumps and simple logic puzzles built into the mazes

Yeah...I remember that one. I saw pics of the game in EGM and I thought 'They're making a Tron game???'

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron on the PS1