Other Sectors 
 Ok...I have a question...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikster
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 12:27 AM
My new room mate has a computer, one of her friends built it. But when they put it together they forgot to put in the printer port. We wanna hook my printer up to it, but to do so we need that port. Is there some way we can put one on that will not require a lot of soldering or anything? Like, is there a card we can buy or something?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

*ugh* I am SO not a geek sometimes *sigh*

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

MutoidMan
User

Re: Ok...I have a question...

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 3:07 AM
They forgot to put in a printer port? That's a new one on me! You don't put one in, the motherboard just comes with it. I've never heard of adding a printer port. Maybe they bought a new legacy-free motherboard of some kind?

If there is a serial port, you may be able to buy a parallel-to-serial adapter at the local CompUSA, BestBuy, Staples or WalMart, but I don't know if the printer drivers will like it.

If your printer is able to be connected via USB, and the PC has USB ports then that's your best bet. Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Nikster
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 1:07 PM
Awww...well, thanks for your help order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 1:53 PM
You're welcome. Always happy to give techie help! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Compucore
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 9:42 PM
If I may make a suggestion here. I think what you can do instead of getting an adaptor like what he had suggested. If I remember correctly. I had seen this at a future shop near by me. Or at a staples as well. You can get a parallel port that is built onto a card that goes right into one of the slots inside. No need to solder anything anywhere. It should no more than $15-20 or so american. And its a fully functional printer card that the computer can take in.

I have seen them around since the ISA slots were around. They should have them for the PCI as well. I remember seeing it in a recent price list from a local distributor that sells to resellers nearby.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Nikster
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 10:04 PM
Really? COOL!! I will check it out.

Thanks Compucore abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

kmon
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 11:45 PM
Another option is to make a print server from an old computer...or buy a router/gateway with that built in. Personally I would pick up an old mechine and use that as my gateway/firewall/printserver/ and LOT of other things (hey im doing that now!). It's simple more flexiable, and provides better security. Even a 200mhz mechine will work great (about the same price as many adapters)! Good luck to you nikster.

....though this may sound complicated, its really not. I'm sure you can get it running without too much fuss (learning experiance, oh joy!).

^^ Full tower gamer ^^

Compucore
User

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 9:17 AM
No Problem Niki. It was something that I had remember seeing for the longest time. And like what Kmon had said. worste case scenario. You can use a switch/hub that has the same features with the printer port attached to it or a old computer that has the printer port available and hooked up to a small network and do the same thing. I'm in the process of doing that right now with a old netserver from HP. But using it for something completely different along with Synchronet software to make a ftp and message board system altogether. I should get that online soon enough. At least that telenetable from anywhere on the internet.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

MutoidMan
User

on Monday, October, 27, 2003 2:30 PM
PCI Printer Port Expansion cards... who woulda thunk it!

I just Googled for "PCI Printer Port" and found a mess of 'em. I've seen expansion cards with Serial Ports, but never Printer Ports. I learned something new! Woo-hooo!

Well, sorry for the incorrect info Nikster.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Nikster
User

on Tuesday, October, 28, 2003 10:29 PM
It's ok

Thanks a LOT guys

Now I just gotta get paid so I can buy one order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:15 PM
Yeah Everyday is a learning day I always say. I've always look out for something new in the hardware side. And sometimes you find something that you just have to say "Kewe!!l".

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors