Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Anybody pick up the Battlestar Galactica DVD set?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 12:35 PM
Man, I've been waiting for something like this since I watched BG back in 1979 at the ripe old age of 8!

I picked up the Complete BG DVD set (Galactica 1980 is a seperate series and isn't included, thank goodness) from Best Buy over the weekend.

It must be very popular because when I asked a Best Buy associate where the BG DVD set was displayed, he told me where and said there were three left, but when I got to the shelf there was only one!

I've already watched almost half the episodes, and I'm glad to find that the show still holds up beautifully. Sure, the same special effects shots are reused way too often - which is OK by me because I never get tired of Vipers, Raiders, Battlestars and Basestars - but it's the stories, the characters, the overall premise and most especially the cast that made the show great.

It's amazing how the great the cast was; how they seemed so comfortable and believable in their roles right off the bat. I think that's the main reason the show has endured in the minds of fans as it has.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anybody else out there is a BG fan like myself.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Nikster
User

Re: Anybody pick up the Battlestar Galactica DVD s

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 12:56 PM
I've seen that...I want it I want the Indiana Jones DVD set too

I was wondering tho...does the Cylon helmet on the packaging light up? It looks like it does
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

MutoidMan
User

Re: Anybody pick up the Battlestar Galactica DVD set?

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:04 PM
Unfortunately, the Cylon's scanner does not light up. I'd have gladly paid a few bucks extra for that feature.

I want Indiana Jones too, but because they are supposed to be making a fourth (and last) Indana Jones movie, I'm going to wait - either for news that they definitely aren't making a fourth movie so I can pick up the current boxed set, or for a boxed set including the fourth movie.

By the same token, I'm waiting for Matrix Revolutions to come out before I pick up the Matrix DVDs because you know there will be a special boxed set.

"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:08 PM
A 4th Indy movie???

Hopefully Harrison Ford won't be doing his own stunts...he's no spring chicken where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 1:15 PM
Harrison Ford bugged Steven Spielberg and George Lucas until they agreed to do it.

I've heard that Sean Connery will reprise the roll of Indy's father, and they will try to have Indy's girlfriends from the first two movies make appearances.

Speeder
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 2:13 PM
But Indy'll be like 60, I don't think it would be very good, mainly because for an action movie you need to have a fast and fast and nimble main character and to be perfectly honest I don't think Mr. Ford at the age of 60 does!!!!!

They were also going to make a 4th Die-hard movie but ran into the same problem with Bruce Willis, So the called it something else!!!!

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 3:27 PM
How about it'll be titled: The son of Indy?

*bricked randomly*

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 11:38 PM
Actually, if they want to continue the franchise, I would not be suprised if Indy does end up having a son.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 29, 2003 11:48 PM
BUT INDY WAS THE DOGS NAME!!!

I forgot the BSG dvd was out. Does it have images and video about the design of the ships, Cylons, and other production stuff? I always like looking at that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

MutoidMan
User

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 10:42 AM
Check it out!

Not only did Sketch get promoted to "Site Staff", but they infected him with the Corruption to boot! Do you serve the Master User Auric now? All "Site Staff" should get "Corrupted" icons - it would be kinda cool I think.

As to you question, there are a lot of bonus features, most of which are deleted scenes, but I haven't gotten to see them all yet. I did see the feature on the Cylons, but it was about how tough it was to be in those suits, how funny it was when they fell over and how many they blew up with pyrotechnics than the design. If I find anything like what you're looking for I'll let you know.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 7:41 PM

Well, you know what they say about absolute power corrupting.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 7:50 PM
I SERVE THORNE... MY MASTER USER!

Nah. Just little Halloween theme is all. Though I do have a sudden urge to glitch up a system.

FEEL THE CORRUPTION!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, October, 30, 2003 10:53 PM
*eyes Sketch weird* O_oabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Nikster
User

on Friday, October, 31, 2003 3:04 PM
Maybe Sketch is just seasick or something??? That would explain the green??? Maybe???

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Goldfish.zip
User

on Tuesday, November, 25, 2003 12:32 PM
i wish i picked up BSG set....i really want one

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors