Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Textures on the "Box"

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Darksaber7
User

Textures on the "Box"

on Monday, November, 03, 2003 6:53 PM
I see similiar posts here, but there not quite the same as my problem...

When you first go to apply a texture to your room, should the texture show up?

Now this is way early in the process, when you first create your "room". I size the box (room) as it says to, select a texture, click the apply texture button and nothing happens.

The room (box, brush, whatever...) is still selected (yellow), and I am following the steps as provided in the Dedit tutorial. I have also used the walkthrough by Layer with the same problem.

Is there a specific place within the box you must click to apply the taxture? Or are the textures not visible at this point? Or do I just not have a clue what the heck I'm doing?

Any help would be much appriciated.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

Falty
User

Re: Textures on the "Box"

on Tuesday, November, 04, 2003 7:02 PM
it may have something to do with the drives of your video card or you vid card itself. see if it's on the compatibility list with DEdit. Also look through your options menu to see if somethings' unchecked.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

dmiller
User

on Friday, November, 14, 2003 1:19 AM
Ok, I haven't used Dedit in half a year, but here we goes:

Try right clicking in a window and look for a menu to 'show textures'.

Also, select a box and hit CTRL T. If not, check your settings.

Darksaber7
User

on Sunday, November, 23, 2003 10:02 PM
HA!

I have not messed with Dedit for awhile.

I went back, and somewhere in one of the "right click" menu options (too many to remember wich one), there is an option to choose view types. After messing with these I found one that shows the textures. (strange they would leave something like that out in the ?explinations..)

Now if I could just figure out why I can't see anything but a bright color when I run the level...Back to the forums!

User_Program
User

on Sunday, December, 07, 2003 8:49 AM
Hey Darksaber7... Just a a tip some textures don't work! I can't tell you which one's work and which one's do you just kinda have to do a trial and error thing with them. I can tell you that most of the wall textures show up after you procces the map but not all... One other thing I found to be a lot ezyer than creating your own textures and boxes (objects if you will) use the prefabs that are provided, and just re-texture them, this will save you a lot of time!

How to set up the prefabs:

Go into explorer-find the tron dir and find the game dir that all your textures are in - find the prefab folder -find the file called "DirTypePrefabs" it should be in the first or root of the prefab dir - copy and paste that file into all of the folders and sub folders in the prefab folder and your set
Hope this helps!

Yes it does get ezyer just stick with it.!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Darksaber7
User

on Sunday, December, 07, 2003 8:47 PM
Due to work, I have not been editing much.

But BIG thanks for the info, User. Those hiding prefabs were p*ing me off...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Textures on the "Box"