Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 First time multiplayer - loading taking an hour?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
mightyclaw
User

on Saturday, November, 08, 2003 1:07 AM
I have 1 Ghz, 288 RAM, DSL connection.
Just installed the patch, in order to try multiplayer.
Found a dedicated server for Disk Arena, clicked "join game".

I've been at a "Loading" screen for over an hour.

Is this normal?

Thanx!

The Claw
Visit the Empire of The Claw!

mightyclaw
User

Re: First time multiplayer - loading taking an hour?

on Saturday, November, 08, 2003 8:08 AM
Correction: make "an hour" into "all night".

Something's funky, yes?
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

The Claw

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, November, 08, 2003 2:04 PM
Rather than ending the program and trying again you just let it sit all night? Seems excessive.

Perhaps if you can provide more information we can help figure out your problem. Which patch did you install? First or second? What else are you seeing on the screen? How many times have you tried connecting byond the one effort described above?

DaveTRON

Inode
User

on Saturday, November, 08, 2003 4:03 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Rather than ending the program and trying again you just let it sit all night? Seems excessive.

Indeed. It's sort of like self-mutilation. What I'd be interested to know is, who was he aiming to spite?

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

mightyclaw
User

on Sunday, November, 09, 2003 11:55 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:Rather than ending the program and trying again you just let it sit all night? Seems excessive.

After more than an hour, I figured something was probably wrong, but it was very late at night and I saw no reason to stop it, so I went to bed.

DaveTRON Wrote:Perhaps if you can provide more information we can help figure out your problem. Which patch did you install? First or second?

I downloaded the file named "tron-update_v1x2_complete.exe" from www.tron20.com. I think that's the second patch? It's the only one I've installed.

DaveTRON Wrote:What else are you seeing on the screen? How many times have you tried connecting byond the one effort described above?

Nothing else, just a "standard" loading screen (artwork of a bit in flight, the animated word "loading). I've only tried once. The server I attempted to connect to said "Disk Arena Dedicated Server".

I have a software firewall installed (ZoneAlarm), and when it prompted me, I set it to allow Tron 2.0 to access the internet and to act as a server. I saw "traffic" moving on the ZoneAlarm monitor throughout the "Loading" process.

Eventually, I did just stop the program, of course.

I'll try again tonight, and hopefully have better luck.

Thanks!

The Claw

mightyclaw
User

Re: First time multiplayer - loading taking an hou

on Monday, November, 10, 2003 12:58 AM
I was successful in getting into the Disk Arena server this evening. I tried a different server...perhaps the server I tried last night had a different version of the patch?

Disk Arena is fun, but it's got a mean learning curve. Gorgeous multiplayer environments, though. I continue to be completely blown away by the art and level design in TRON 2.0. If a cinematic sequel is made, the design team from TRON 2.0 should definitely be put to work on it.

Thanks for the help, hopefully the problem is solved. See you on the Grid!

The Claw

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, November, 10, 2003 2:19 AM
Glad it's working!

DaveTRON

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, November, 10, 2003 12:44 PM

Acutally, I had the same thing happen to me last night. Three disc arena/tournament servers I tried to connect to, left me hanging at the load screen. Finally, a fourth one worked.

I'm guessing the server program was somehow messed up or crashed, on their end. Who knows how long they've had their systems running non-stop?

EDIT: I know what caused it now. DSO's Disc Arena Tube map is causing problems for some people's servers. Strange.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer