Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 Pages
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Re: Do you take submissions for the fan art section?

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 3:09 PM

wwwmwww Wrote:
So... hows this look? It was harder to outline the cannon then it was to make the cannon itself but I think the results were worth the effort.

Enjoy...
Carl
That's perfect! I can't wait to see the completed image. Or better yet, an animation, like kmon said. Though I know that would be a lot more work . . .

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 6:37 PM
DaveTRON Wrote:That's gorgeous! You need to be on the TRON 2.0 team if they ever make the movie!

Send them my way. I'd love to do something like that.

Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 6:42 PM
kmon Wrote:sweeeeet, really adds a lot to it

I agree.

H
kmon Wrote:mm, I think you might want to try maya, the personal addition is free. I would really love to see some animation!

I would too. Especially with the tank treads rotating. I'll get there but my main focus is on finding a job and most of these images can take over a day to render so it will take a while to make a movie. One sticking point is I still don't have my own web page set up so I don't have a place to really put an animation if I did have one to share. I'll fix that problem too but again that comes after the employment problem.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, December, 09, 2003 7:06 PM
Thanks... it it weren't for you I'm not sure I'd have gone to the troble to solve the outline problem. I had to learn a few POV-Ray tricks to pull it off and I'm now very glad I went to that trouble.

I'll be posting a complete image here soon. As for an animation I have some very nice ideas that I too want to see done. I believe I can get the treads seen on the MAGI preproduction tank to rotate rather easily. Saidly these were dropped from the tank seen in the movie and I too can turn them off as seen in the picture I posted over in my "Things you notice when you look very very closely" thread. But I really think they add alot to the tank and keep with the arrow theme seen elsewhere on the tank. But I think an animation will take me a while to render even if very short and I suspect that it would be rather large too if done at a resolution that I'd like to do it at so finding a way to share it will also have a few problems that will need to be solved. Don't fear... I believe it will all come together but it may be a few months down the road.

If this is incentive to any of you... if you guys can help me find a job I can let my PC render pics or an animation full time. As is I need if for alot of job hunting.

Thanks again for the motivation...
Carl

redrain85 Wrote:
That's perfect! I can't wait to see the completed image. Or better yet, an animation, like kmon said. Though I know that would be a lot more work . . .

wwwmwww
User

on Tuesday, May, 25, 2004 7:08 PM
redrain85 Wrote:

I'm back doing some work on my tank again... The first thing I did was to complete this image...

It's here... well almost... something is still missing. I've added it and it's rendering now. I should be able to make some test animations with the tank soon.

Enjoy...
Carl

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, June, 02, 2004 9:19 PM
Ok... here is the final picture. Can you tell what has changed from the one above?

Carl

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Do you take submissions for the fan art section?