General Discussion 
 TRON STROKES VIDEO!!!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
FusionAddict
User

TRON STROKES VIDEO!!!

on Thursday, December, 18, 2003 8:21 PM
The Roman Coppola-directed video for the new Strokes single "12:51" takes place in the world of TRON!!!

CHECK IT OUT!!!

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

Re: TRON STROKES VIDEO!!!

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 12:43 AM
Where have you been? We've been talking about that for weeks! It's really cool isn't it! I'd love to see something on the making of the video.

DaveTRON

Lew
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 7:52 AM
Woo-hoo! They finally have the video up on the iTunes Music Store! Not sure how possible it is to do on the Windows version but there's a sneaky way to save the videos on the Mac version. I now have a copy of the video on MPEG4 format saved on my HD

Compucore
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 11:03 AM
Its been around for too long I think. Not to knock it down it was a kewel video when I had seen it from the web.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Lew
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 11:31 AM
Nice to have it in a half-decent size (the streaming versions are too small for my liking and are letterboxed - yeuch!) that I can save for future viewing, though

FusionAddict
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 11:41 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:Where have you been? We've been talking about that for weeks! It's really cool isn't it! I'd love to see something on the making of the video.

I've been playing THERE, and the reason I posted it is because it's apparently now in H.R. on MTV2.

What I'd like to know is how they did the video and what the budget was...obviously sone of the footage was stock, but I'd be interested in how they filmed the scenes with the band...they obviously didn't use the film's method of creating the glow effect, it looks much cleaner and more consistent...but could this be sort of a hidden jab from the guys in the band and Mr. Coppola, trying to drum of support for TRON-related projects?where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, December, 19, 2003 4:16 PM
I'd really love to see something about how they did it. It's a great video.

I don't think the references are part of a planned drumming up of support for TRON, but they certainly are helping raise awareness.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

88MPH
User

on Tuesday, December, 23, 2003 4:17 AM
Here's the deal :

The Strokes band leader...
Their manager...
The video budget accountant...
A lot of other key people involved in this decision...

ALL have agreed to take this HUGE risk into making a video based on a 21 year old movie.

Plus, sadly enough, most of The Strokes targeted audience probably have'nt seen the original movie, but maybe they know about it as some old Hollywood relic.

Now put all of these elements together, regarldess of how crazy this all seems, the existence of the video is proof that either :

A - The Strokes are MAJOR Tron fans
B - Sheer nostlagia
C - Somthing else

Whatever it is, I salute those who have taken the bold decision to make this video a reality........come to think of it this is history repeating itself. I recall Mr. Lisberger having to convince a lot of Disney people to have the original movie made.

Again, all are glad that 1 - the movie was made and 2 - the video was made.

This post could have been resumed in one question that I would like The Strokes to answer :

"Why Tron ?"

Cheers

-=S=-

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm 150% happy about the results and I could not be happier they chose Tron

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, December, 23, 2003 3:07 PM
What I'd like to know is how Disney gave them permission to make the video but we can't get any side-art authorization!

Grrrrr!

>

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, December, 23, 2003 4:13 PM
I tried to help someone get Side Art approvals about a year ago, and it failed due to legal issues. It might be time to try again, but right now I don't have the time to give.

I need good side art for my machines.

DaveTRON

TheJediUnit
User

on Tuesday, December, 23, 2003 5:50 PM
Maybe we should try Bart and Lisa's technique with Disney.

"Can we have authorization to make our own side art?"
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"YES!!!!"

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, December, 23, 2003 5:53 PM
Perhaps some time in the new year we can make a second assault on the hallowed halls of Disney Legal.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Karman
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 11:43 AM
DaveTRON - was it Darin at Phoenix Arcade that you were helping? I'm not sure how it went down, but he is producing sideart now (silkscreened). http://www.phoenixarcade.com

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 12:09 PM
His is not legal. Good, but not legal. I was helping someone else.

DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 5:37 PM
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote: Not sure how possible it is to do on the Windows version

You might be able to dig around in the 'temporary internet files' and save it from there.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 6:02 PM
I am going to upload a copy of the video here in just a moment.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 6:14 PM
It's up. It's an ASF format file, look in the File Archives.

DaveTRON

Lew
User

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 7:27 PM
Nikster Wrote:
Mimizuku no Lew Wrote: Not sure how possible it is to do on the Windows version

You might be able to dig around in the 'temporary internet files' and save it from there.

I found out where iTunes/Win stores the temp file. Unfortunately due to the way Windows works I was unable to copy the file as it was already locked for use by iTunes. When you close iTunes the file is automatically deleted, and I didn't think people would be happy just pulling the plug on their PCs just to get the file.

I have a copy of it, though. The HFS+ file system on the Mac allows you to copy a file that another app has open so I was able to grab it that way.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Auric
Sector Creator

on Friday, January, 02, 2004 7:35 PM
That's Awesome stuff.

The base player looks kinda like Steven back in the day. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

kyp
User

on Saturday, January, 03, 2004 12:47 AM
Karman WroteaveTRON - was it Darin at Phoenix Arcade that you were helping? I'm not sure how it went down, but he is producing sideart now (silkscreened). http://www.phoenixarcade.com

You an RGVAC'er too? I'm still tryin to get Darin to make some Galaxian art...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON STROKES VIDEO!!!