Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Constructing a TRON circuitry suit...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
Sketch
Sector Admin

Re: Constructing a TRON circuitry suit...

on Thursday, January, 08, 2004 7:34 PM
I went ahead and took the email off the post for him. Do you need me to PM you the address that was on the post Todd?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Thursday, January, 08, 2004 7:52 PM
Sketch Wrote:I went ahead and took the email off the post for him. Do you need me to PM you the address that was on the post Todd?

Thanks, Sketch. I've got it where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

wwwmwww
User

on Friday, January, 09, 2004 9:19 AM
TheReelTodd Wrote:BTW - do you have any pics of it? I'd really like to see what you've got.

I'll second that Red5.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:05 PM
Ok, I've been scouring the net looking for the proper pieces to use as a foundation for the circuitry suit.

Check these out

and this one too

I think several of these might be a good candidate for the upper-body portion of the suit.

I went to a local Galyan's Athletic Supply store and Dick's Sporting Goods. Galyan's had a pretty good selection of these things and I was fortunate enough to have a pretty cool sales guy help me out.

"Jarred" (sp?) worked with me as I showed him production photos from the set of TRON (RAM, TRON, Flynn) and also had photos and model numbers of several of the protective gear I was checking out. Jarred had seen TRON but didn't seem to be a fan, but that's cool. He let me pull these things out of their packages and look at them.

I came close to purchasing the "Warrior MPG 5.0" gear, but I hesitated noting the flexible, dual shoulder parts. They can move and it might make the detailing difficult and as they rub together, the paint might wear quickly.

It was good to see them in person and be able to look at them in my hands. They've all got adjustable velcro straps. Some of them didn't have a "spine" to them. I also came close to getting one model that was discounted because it was last year's version, BUT it didn't have a spine and that might make it difficult to add something to the back to attach the disc.

I also looked at some hockey helmets. I didn't see any of the "SK2000" helmets they used in the film (I think those are only available on ebay now), but I looked at a Nike helmet (NH4: 1000373) that looked pretty good, and it had removable ear parts (many modern helmets have the ears covered over). It was something I thought I could work with. At Dick's I also liked a Bauer helmet... didn't write down that model number, but it also had removable ear parts and looked TRON enough to me. All helmets would still need an extra extension added to the back for that finishing touch - still not sure how to do that.

I also checked out some arm guards. They were cool, but not TRON-ish enough. And I looked in to hockey padding. There was some cool upper-body padding, but they each seemed to have larger shoulder parts than I was looking for.

I'm not looking in to tights for the rest of it - rather in to skin-tight aparel. Gerrid showed me some "under armor" shirts. They were wite, and stretchy - they should do the trick. The pants were a different story. I was only able to find dark colored skin-tight stretchy jogging pants. I would need to pain them a brighter color and I don't think that would work well on that material. I couldn't find anything for the right pants - still looking in to that.

In the end, I walked away empty handed, but I have a greater understand of how things look and how they might work. PLUS, Gerrid told me that they've got more Lecrosse gear coming in soon. I'll have a better selection to choose from, so I think I'm going to wait on that too.

Boy - I wish I just had people to bring to me and show me the stuff (like the help big-budget producers get) and I could just sit back and say "no, not that one... no, not that one... maybe that one... put that one over there for further review... no not that one...". It's so hard trying to get just the right pieces.

Compucore
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:33 PM
Man Todd your pour through this for your suit like there was no tomorrow on it. I think by the time that your done with it in getting the design producing it and painting. And then getting it right. It'll be like a technical manual for making one. Like those Machine shop reference manuals that are about a good 3000-4000 pages thick with ton'o'stuff of information on making it and the what nots for it. And for almost every suit of the Tron world .

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Red5
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 2:45 PM

Yeah. Producing other people's email addresses on the board isn't entirely cool - I was tired see (although confident) with the boards dignity and respect. Thanks, guys.

Anyway, as some of you may be aware, I'm probably one of (very) few people who doesn't own a digital camera - or any camera for that matter, thus unable to put up a lot of pix from the Tron clothing/apparel that I have. Me? I think I'm just lazy to be honest.

Reed: I admire your grit and determination. The fact you've done all your research off your own back should be congratulated. I opted out by just producing a few pictures and asking my good friend Hilary what she thought. (These costume designers, eh? They take one look and bingo! they seem to know everything about the product from the type of material used, to the color, to whathaveyou.) I only have the top half of Flynn's suit. Why? Well, as much as I'd like the whole thang, I thought with the top half I could get away with wearing it in public. Or, as the case has been so far, the clubs. (Non fetish wearing ones, of course.) Basially, I've got the top half of the suit minus the armour. Although I'm going to have to slim down a bit to get into it.

By the way, how difficult would it be to actually track down and jar the actual costume designer who worked on the Tron suits?
They must be out there somewhere. You put so much effort into your research, perhaps the same amount might get you a coffee meeting with the dudes - or dudettes - who put the whole thing together to begin with? Just wanted to ask.

I do, however, have pix of my Flynn's jacket, so if you want one send me a PM and I'll email them to you. Put them up the board if you like, I don't mind.

All the best anyway in your search.

Cheers,

Barry

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 5:36 PM
Compucore Wrote:Man Todd your pour through this for your suit like there was no tomorrow on it. I think by the time that your done with it in getting the design producing it and painting. And then getting it right. It'll be like a technical manual for making one. Like those Machine shop reference manuals that are about a good 3000-4000 pages thick with ton'o'stuff of information on making it and the what nots for it. And for almost every suit of the Tron world .

He he

Yeah, I'm putting some serious effort in to my research. Probably because I'm just really anal about everything and don't want to end up with the wrong stuff. I wish I could just go somewhere and simply pick out all the right components... but it's a matter of finding out all the right components. And a matter of what I find good and TRON-y.

Red5 - No digicam, eh? Bummer. Still, I'd really like to see what your circuitry suit looked like if you can figure out a way to capture it You know - I bet yours was completed in the time it's taken me just to research the components of mine

Red5
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 8:35 PM

Time to complete? Well, it was an on-going project - I had Hilary make me Luke Skywalker Bespin Fatigue Jacket (in suede, and in two different colors) in between times - but she is very astute at detecting what materials were being used, for example: some fabrics used in sci-fi films circa 1980+ used materials that are no longer made due to health/chemical hazards. How she knew this and knew which other material would compensate was beyond me. And, typical, she's not even remotely interested in the things she makes; she's just been blessed with a good skill.

I could try and describe the suit to you but I'd only probably confuse you even more. (Don't want to put more ideas into your head; I think you've got enough different ideas to contend with.) Although I will say this: the circuitry part of the suit was a toss up between two/three ideas: one, using a special type of felt stuck onto the suit; two, construct the suit in only one material, but distinguish the circuitry design from the rest of the suit by changing only the material color; three, painting the design on with a special type of clothing paint. What did I go for? I think you should go with your own ideas. Customising your own sounds like a fab idea.

Some know-it-all at the Edinburgh College of Art, who apparently studies color codings and such like, told me the exact names of the colors used in the suit. I'd tell you, but I could barely pronounce them let alone spell them. Anyway, by getting in touch with a Belgian (yes, Belgian) materail supplier, they could give us the right color to go according with the right material. Crazy? Sounds it, but it wasn't that much of a hassle.

My advice would be to contact someone locally - a qualified seamstress perhaps - and maybe somone studying fashion at college. That's what I did. But I sincerely hope it works out for you. I know how you feel - you want to be 100% spot on to the original. And quite right, too.

But consider this: when watching Tron on television, cinema etc., there's a high chance the actors suits weren't that perfect either. I think we always heard how they were having things stuck, painted, stitched and amended as shooting progressed.
What could we tell from, pardon the phrase, the other side of the screen.

Keep us up-to-date.

B

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Sunday, January, 11, 2004 8:50 PM
Todd I could see this happening either in one of two forms. Either 1) We get this huge email from you that our emailreaders get stuck in downloading it off of the email servers that we use from our ISP's Or two it comes in multi-volume books like the encyclopedias that everyone is familar with from high school or from our college years.. THen having that look like saying. "Ohhh my conscripts this is a hefty thing to read uup on." type of expression.

Which is funny to say the least in and of itself too know what goes into making such a good suit for the classical cult film like tron.

TheReelTodd Wrote:
Compucore Wrote:Man Todd your pour through this for your suit like there was no tomorrow on it. I think by the time that your done with it in getting the design producing it and painting. And then getting it right. It'll be like a technical manual for making one. Like those Machine shop reference manuals that are about a good 3000-4000 pages thick with ton'o'stuff of information on making it and the what nots for it. And for almost every suit of the Tron world .

He he

Yeah, I'm putting some serious effort in to my research. Probably because I'm just really anal about everything and don't want to end up with the wrong stuff. I wish I could just go somewhere and simply pick out all the right components... but it's a matter of finding out all the right components. And a matter of what I find good and TRON-y.

Red5 - No digicam, eh? Bummer. Still, I'd really like to see what your circuitry suit looked like if you can figure out a way to capture it You know - I bet yours was completed in the time it's taken me just to research the components of mine
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Constructing a TRON circuitry suit...