General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 25 Pages
Kat
User

RE: Another dose of TRON!

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 8:20 AM
Happy birthday! What else did you do that was fun?

My mom and I have planned on watching both again soon-- mostly because I plan on making her read more of my fic (mwa ha ha) and she needs to remember the events of the films (she remembered what I based Beat Of Your Heart off of and liked it, but while she liked the one I gave the working title "Greetings, Programs!", she asked me after she read it if it was based off of something or if I made it up. FAIL. Half the point of it is kinda missed when you have to explain to your reader that yes, it is based on certain scenes in the film...)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Thursday, September, 20, 2012 12:03 PM
Kat Wrote:Happy birthday! What else did you do that was fun?

Thanks. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, where I enjoyed a nice oktoberfest from a local microbrewery (and dinner, of course). Low key, but fun...

My mom and I have planned on watching both again soon-- mostly because I plan on making her read more of my fic (mwa ha ha) and she needs to remember the events of the films (she remembered what I based Beat Of Your Heart off of and liked it, but while she liked the one I gave the working title "Greetings, Programs!", she asked me after she read it if it was based off of something or if I made it up. FAIL. Half the point of it is kinda missed when you have to explain to your reader that yes, it is based on certain scenes in the film...)

Your mom is a good sport.

What do you call a program who brings a disc to a light cycle battle? Derezzed.

DV8ER
User

on Thursday, November, 22, 2012 5:57 AM
Ping! Just watched Tron 82, Love that movie so much.

-D

_Masquerade_
User

on Thursday, December, 13, 2012 5:45 PM
PING!

Just finished watching the 20th Anniversary DVD that I finally got back from my neighbor. I hadn't watched the whole thing through by myself in years, so I've come to appreciate the film more than I already did back when I was 7. The colors, the score, the environment, the characters, and the message are all irresistibly beautiful. It's thanks to this movie that I have such a passionate interest in the universe of TRON...

_Masquerade_

DV8ER
User

on Thursday, December, 13, 2012 9:59 PM
_Masquerade_ Wrote:PING!

Just finished watching the 20th Anniversary DVD that I finally got back from my neighbor. I hadn't watched the whole thing through by myself in years, so I've come to appreciate the film more than I already did back when I was 7. The colors, the score, the environment, the characters, and the message are all irresistibly beautiful. It's thanks to this movie that I have such a passionate interest in the universe of TRON...

_Masquerade_
Yeah!! Thanks for sharing. I agree, I appreciate the movie now more than I did as a kid as well, even by today's standards it's such an awesome movie.

laphtiya
User

on Wednesday, January, 30, 2013 3:15 AM
PING!

However I fell asleep for about 10 mins, not because I was bored or anything but because of the good feeling I get from this movie. Ended up finding a comfy spot and before I knew it I had to back up 10 mins :P

AlanBradley
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 5:45 PM
PING!

I put it in last night and fell asleep to it, then I finished it up today. This thread has been an interesting read, with all of the old posts and everybody so happy to get their 20th anniversary DVD. I didn't get one until a year or so ago, and it was still $20 at Sam's Club. I wonder if it had really just sat there that long... regardless, it's the best overpriced DVD anybody ever bought me!

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 6:01 PM
Thunder Ping!

In other words, I watched both movies 5 times already....

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 6:47 PM
Half a PING! LOL!

I caught the last half of TRON: Legacy on FX the other night when I was flipping through the channels.

1982program
User

on Tuesday, February, 12, 2013 9:54 PM
Ping!!!

Watched Tron 82 on Blu-ray this past Sunday night. Anybody know what the computer code is that is hanging on the wall of Alan's cubicle? It is 4 code words or something printed out on that old school computer paper. Also, Rainbow Flotilla (password Flynn types into laser computer) any significance to that password?

Tron: Legacy has just begun a heavy rotation on FX (after a recent heavy rotation on Stars). How many films released in 2010 are still on heavy rotation on cable / basic cable. I think Tron: Legacy was a slow-burn for the casual audiences. I get a weird feeling it is picking up steam again.

DaveTRON
User

on Tuesday, February, 12, 2013 10:11 PM
Do you mean KLAATU BARADA NIKTO? (Spelling?)

If that is it those are the words the alien speaks to his robot in The Day The Earth Stood Still, the old black and white version, not the Keanu Reeves craptastic version.

DaveTRON
Derezzed - Which means I don't come to this site anymore. Look me up at www.traumantic.com if you wish to find me.

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, February, 12, 2013 10:17 PM
1982program Wrote:
Tron: Legacy has just begun a heavy rotation on FX (after a recent heavy rotation on Stars). How many films released in 2010 are still on heavy rotation on cable / basic cable. I think Tron: Legacy was a slow-burn for the casual audiences. I get a weird feeling it is picking up steam again.

I think that it finally being shown on basic cable stations is a great thing! I have a feeling it will pick up more fans this way too. I watched it earlier tonight.

Murdock.dat
User

on Wednesday, February, 13, 2013 9:55 AM
1982program Wrote:Also, Rainbow Flotilla (password Flynn types into laser computer) any significance to that password?

It's actually Reindeer Flotilla. Guess Flynn had a thing for deer farts :P

"On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy."

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, February, 13, 2013 6:10 PM
Er, late ping. Watched em both over Christmas Break. Had a long car ride. And I really wanted to watch em.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should post when I watch an Uprising. Nah, just be too many posts :P

Everybody go join End of Line, an awesome TRON Roleplay forum! http://troneol.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Java
User

on Thursday, February, 14, 2013 12:36 AM
Watched original TRON for the first time in six years. It's been too long, old friend

END OF LINE.

DV8ER
User

on Sunday, June, 30, 2013 5:53 PM
Ping!! I watched Tron 1982 today! It's been a while since I've logged in here, good t s the familiar names are still around and about!

Can someone sticky this thread? I found it difficult to find given it's been a while sine someone has pinged on it.

Thanks!
-DV8ER

allways a user
User

on Sunday, June, 30, 2013 11:35 PM
Does anyone know of a free online website that dosent require downloads that i can watch TRON '82 on??? I feel wierd not knowing what people are talking about

Mnemos9
User

on Tuesday, July, 09, 2013 3:47 PM
-No PING -
@OP, wow, I wish I could have seen it when it came out-that must have been phenomenal.

No Ping because I'm fasting from all things Tron for now. It builds up a healthy appetite if you deny yourself the movies/show/comics/games for a year or so, and then just Dive in at random and drown. That's what I like to do, anyways. Been at least 6 months since I watched OG Tron, and I'm waiting till I get the Blu-Ray to watch again so that all those features can accompany the film.

Anyone else do the same thing?

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/members/kurototo/albums/13536/151412-trnsig3.png

Agent 82
User

on Tuesday, July, 09, 2013 10:17 PM
PING! x23

Just want to get myself caught up I saw the original for the 23rd time this morning, to celebrate the 31st anniversary ^-^

NoExcuses
User

on Monday, September, 23, 2013 10:38 AM
My first ping and my first post on the Sector in about three years! I realised a lot has changed since the last time I saw Tron.

I started university. I graduated from university. I moved country to Ireland. I moved back to the UK. I moved out of my parents' place and into my own place. I got out of a bad relationship and into a great one. I got a haircut. I made an EP. I'm working on an album. I still haven't got a job.

But every time I watch Tron, I still feel nostalgia for the 10 year old watching it for the first time, back when life was easy and there were no bills or rent to worry about!

FirstPrevious Page: of 25 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!
You Are Not Online

Not Logged In

Sign In or Create An Account

I/O Tower