Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Grey Screen

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
CubicVirtuoso
User

Grey Screen

on Sunday, July, 11, 2004 1:43 PM
Hey I am having a real big problem with DEdit. I was just following the tutorial and I somehow hit the wrong button and now in my perspective view all I see is grey; yes I have an object created. Heres what I think my problem is:

1. I don't have a few on the object (like I am looking into space)
2. I am moved INSIDE the object
3. The camera is locked
4. The camera is not rendering the view space

Heres where the problem gets tricky though. When I start up DEdit and it loads up my world I can actually see my object (like I am inside of it) wireframe view but then after the program stops loading all the views reset and then it goes back to grey. Even when I change the view to wireframe view all I see is grey. Can anyone help me out?

Traahn
User

Re: Grey Screen

on Sunday, July, 11, 2004 4:34 PM
I wonder if you're zoomed WAY out from your room/level, or if maybe you just lost track of where your room is?

This snippet from the instructions might help. First, though, select your Nodes tab (on the left side of your screen), then put a red 'check' mark next to one of the brushes in your room. (There are two blank boxes (checkboxes) to the left of each brush you've created. Selecting the box on the far left will put a red check in it.) Then follow this instructions from the tutorial:
With the brush still selected press the Marker to Selection button, and then the Center View on Marker button. This should position your view on the space you created.

After doing this, you should be able to use the zoom functionality to find your room again.

Note: To view the buttons mentioned above, be sure to have your WorldEdit toolbar on. To do this, go "View > WorldEdit Toolbar".

Side Note: Holding the SHIFT button down while zooming with your mouse wheel will make the zoom go farther in/out faster than if you were to just use the wheel by itself.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

CubicVirtuoso
User

on Monday, July, 12, 2004 12:32 AM
Nope still nothing I'm just thinking I am going to reinstall Dedit. maybe tommorow

CubicVirtuoso
User

on Monday, July, 12, 2004 12:33 AM
Scratch that I just started a new world and deleated my old one... i didn't have anythign done anyway; hopefully that doesn't happen in th middle of a big ass map

Traahn
User

on Monday, July, 12, 2004 2:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't happen again. I don't think I've ever experienced that issue. What are your system specs (video card, RAM, chip, etc.)?

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Grey Screen