TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Hish Scores

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 Pages
DaveTRON
User

Re: Hish Scores

on Tuesday, August, 05, 2008 11:08 PM
Awesome, I will add a section to my archives.

DaveTRON

Will D
User

Re: High Scores

on Friday, August, 22, 2008 8:39 AM
Still can't believe that I misspelled "high" in this thread title. When is the Donkey Kong movie version for the TRON high score going to be made?

ddawgith
User

on Friday, September, 05, 2008 1:59 AM
Myhigh score is around 800,000on the upright.
I have a cocktail and my best so far is 672,000 or so.

The world record is over 4.7 million now.
I don't think it's far fetched. You need to take alittle
notes and practice.

And the recognizers come out every 4th or 5th tank level after you see it the first time.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ddawgith
User

on Wednesday, August, 05, 2009 12:10 AM
broke 1 million last night.

Daddyo
User

on Wednesday, August, 05, 2009 1:01 AM
Aye carumba, I could only get through two waves

Scucci
User

on Monday, August, 31, 2009 3:36 PM
Old thread and all... but since it got necroed, I figured I'd post the last shot I got of my score. The machine is set to factory defaults, I won't play it any other way.

I haven't had much time recently to keep up practicing since I put my machine in my friends' arcade. I don't get to play it too much anymore.. sucks, but she's there earning her keep so I can buy her new artwork to completely restore her to 100% new looking.

I'll try to get the picture to post here... not 100% sure how, but it's 310,373.

Will D
User

Re: High Scores

on Wednesday, November, 04, 2009 11:04 PM
Thinking about starting to play again and trying to break 400,000. However, too into Foosball at the moment.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ddawgith
User

on Thursday, January, 28, 2010 1:22 AM
DaveTRON Wrote:The levels in order are:

RPG
COBOL
BASIC
FORTRAN
SNOBOL
PL1
PASCAL
ALGOL
ASSEMBLY
OS
JCL
USER

They continue to repeat and increase in difficulty as you go through them. So the second round on RPG is harder than the first USER level. Hope that answers your questions Karl.

I found this info over on Guy Gordon's old TRON page, and it confirms my suspicion that somebody (dctron) on this thread isn't being entirely honest about their playing.

To my knowledge, nobody has ever hit a score of 4 million points in a single game. You'd have to play for days at a time, and there is no pausing in TRON. I don't think it is possible, and I will not believe it without video proof of the entire game.

The best player in the world scored as follows:

These are scanned pages from Joystik Magazine's January 1983 issue. This is Richard Ross' strategy. He won the Tron contest (July 6-7 1982) with a total of 3,958,901 points over three games.

I believe Will D has been hitting the levels he's described, because depending on how the machine is set you can reach some of them more easily and they appear in different orders. His score is also consistent with what I see when I play my machine.

there is so much wrong with this quote I don't know where to start.
The levels do NOT repeat themselves. Once you hit USER it's USER, nothing else. Unless it occurs somewhere where I haven't been like well over 2 million.
I can score 1 million in 1 hour and 50 minutes. So this playing days on end crap is a very stupid statement to make. And you CAN pause in a sense on tron, during the recognizer levels. If you maneuver yourself to the upper right or lower left corner, you can hide because the recognizer's don't shoot.
HOpe this clears some things up for people who are truly interested. I can score 1 million very very easily. I haven't tried to go higher. 7 million is simply 7 x 1 hour and 50 minutes. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON and Discs of TRON Arcade 
 Hish Scores