Collector 
 Mickey TRON Statue

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

Mickey TRON Statue

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 9:53 AM
Well, looks like the statue of Mickey Mouse as Jet from TRON 2.0 designed by Syd Mead and the Fantasia themed statue by Peter and Harrison Ellenshaw will be going on sale soon at Sotheby's. The article doesn't single it out, but it is one of the 75. Considering what they intend to make from the sale, I think I am already out of the running on bids, but I may try anyway.

Here's the story: News Item

DaveTRON

Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: Mickey TRON Statue

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 10:54 AM

Hey good luck! I know it's probably going to go for a lot of $$$ but I would like to see someone here at the Tron Sector have it.

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 1:19 PM
Wow, that is insanely awesome that they're auctioning those off. I really hope a dedicated Tron fan gets that Mickey statue. If you decide to try and go for it, then good luck, Dave!

I felt pretty lucky myself to have seen all 75 in person when I visited Disney World roughly 2 years ago. They are truly inspiring works of art, all of them.

I'll be curious to know which statues rake in the highest bids.

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

wwwmwww
User

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 2:10 PM
Cool...

At 6 feet tall and 700 pounds I wonder what the winner will have to pay in shipping. Lets hope Bill Gates doesn't want all 75 to line his drive way with or something.

Good luck Dave. Did you order the catalogue and get the "Tuxedo" Mickey pin? If so I'd love to see a picture of it.

Carl

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 6:43 PM
wwwmwww Wrote:Cool...

At 6 feet tall and 700 pounds I wonder what the winner will have to pay in shipping. Lets hope Bill Gates doesn't want all 75 to line his drive way with or something.

Good luck Dave. Did you order the catalogue and get the "Tuxedo" Mickey pin? If so I'd love to see a picture of it.

Carl
I believe my wife ordered it. Didn't know there was a pin! Woohoo......oh wait, I hate Disney now. OK, maybe not so much.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 10:16 PM
I'm getting a Tron room all set up in my house for this as we speak. I plan on winning it. I'm modeling the room after this:

Hehe, j/k

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, July, 06, 2005 10:40 PM
Gee, that's better than putting in my garage next to Mercury!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Thursday, July, 07, 2005 8:11 AM
Good luck in getting them Dave. Are you trying to get both of them or is it just the Tron on that your interested inÉ

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

DaveTRON
User

on Thursday, July, 07, 2005 9:57 AM
I'll watch both. I am hoping Harrison's comes up after Miceky TRON because if I don't win Mickey TRON I might go for it. You never know.

I don't think I standa chance in hell of winning, but it's worth trying.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

FreedomForever
User

on Thursday, July, 07, 2005 1:11 PM
Dude, that thing is freaky.......Good luck though!

FreedomForever
User

on Thursday, July, 07, 2005 1:11 PM
Dude, that thing is freaky.......Good luck though!

Surk
User

on Wednesday, July, 13, 2005 4:52 PM
I saw that statue before... good luck!

"How many times have I died now?"

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Collector 
 Mickey TRON Statue