Glass textures or see through - how?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Techromancer
User

on Sunday, March, 19, 2006 6:02 PM
Hey!

Trying to make glass textures. Watched the tutorial on it (nolfgirl) - seems easy enough. Not working. :evil:

When I try to make a box with a transparent glass texture on it I tried goingthe route they say in tron tools documentation:

"To create glass, simply bind a brush with a glass texture to a WorldModel object and adjust a few fields under the Properties tab in the Project Window. Set the DebrisType to Window, the SurfaceOverrride to Glass, and the BlendMode to Translucent. The Alpha field dictates the opacity of your glass, with 1.0 being opaque, decreasing the value makes the glass more transparent. Generally the Alpha on glass is set to about 0.5."

- when I do this the box/plane just plain disappears and does not render when I try out my world.

Cheers!

Techro

Dark Haiku Home - www.darkhaikuzden.chaos,agic.com
Music -
www.mixposure.com/dark-haiku

gRiD_89a
User

Re: Glass textures or see through - how?

on Sunday, March, 19, 2006 10:09 PM
you need to speak with meat sack my friend

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, March, 19, 2006 11:09 PM

Are you sure that the Worldmodel doesn't have Hidden set to True and Visible set to False? That would make the glass brush disappear completely. Hidden needs to be False, and Visible needs to be True.

Making glass works almost the same way as when you made speed/slow zones. You make the Worldmodel object and a brush, then drag the brush on top of the Worldmodel in the pane on the left side of the screen. Then you alter the properties of the Worldmodel.

Make sure your brush doesn't have the Invisible texture on it, either. Also make sure you didn't make the object "hidden" or "frozen" by accident. (i.e. Right clicked and chose Hide Node; or blue checkmark in the box, beside the name of the glass object - in the pane on the left side of the screen.)

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Traahn
User

on Monday, March, 20, 2006 1:46 AM
I was able to do it long ago; can't remember how though. I was using the dEdit tutorial text you have there, too. I may have had to tweak a few things. Redrain's probably right ~

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

xistence
User

on Tuesday, September, 12, 2006 1:30 PM
Glasstexture:

a) you need a texture using an alphamask. This alphamask shouldn't be compltely black as this is considered as completely invisible when...
b) ... you bind this texture to a brush, and then this brush to a worldmodel-object or one of the sub-objects of 'worldmodel'. In the proerties of this object you need at least to set 'BlendMode' to something different then 'None' ('additive' is like a sort of energy looking, 'translucent' gives more a natural looking, like standard windows). Then set 'Alpha' to a value order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels