Other Games 
 Kingdom Hearts 2

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Boingo_Buzzard
User

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2

on Thursday, April, 27, 2006 7:29 PM

It's begining to look like that is true. I have found several other references online where Corey Burton is listed as MCP/Sark. That's too bad and somewhat dissapointing. I wish I had found out about this AFTER I had finished the game.

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, April, 28, 2006 12:15 AM

Reply from Corey Burton himself:

"The Master Control Program has chosen YOU to serve your System on the Game Grid." That was the only memorable line from the first Tron arcade game, and now all these years later, I had the privilege of 'dusting off' one of my favorite vocal illusions for this new Kingdom Hearts game. Mr. Warner was living in Los Angeles for many years, but has recently moved back to London (so I'm told). Yup, that's just li'l ol' me.

...And thanks so much for the generous compliment. (so I guess it "worked" alright, eh?)

TriggerEXE
User

on Friday, April, 28, 2006 8:35 AM
*shrugs* My references on the matter were pretty much the same as the rest of you. lol That being Wikipedia, IMDB (which currently credits David Warner as Sark/MCP) and various other people. However, like a few have said, if you listen closely, you can tell it isn't him. He does a very very good representation.

This is off the subject, but related. Cam Clarke voiced Simba for the Pride Lands world, wheras Matthew Broderick voiced him in the movie and he does such a good job that you almost can't tell the difference either. They picked good voice actors for this one. Cam Clarke, by the way, voiced He-Man/Prince Adam in the 2002 Masters of the Universe series. Among other things. Hehe

I think the first KH game actually listed the voice actors in the manual somewhere. This time, the voice actors aren't listed anywhere except in the credits, which is a shame.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone here come across an interview with Bruce about being involved with TRON again in KH2? I know that at one time, someone or a couple of someones on this site was able to get a number of the cast to actually register here or at least get an interview. Is that do-able again? I'd really like to know what he thought of the whole experience and the end result and also what Steven Lisberger may have to say if he has seen it.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Autowoman
User

on Friday, January, 26, 2007 2:26 PM
SPOILER! This is the end part of that part of the game. So if you don't want to see it, don't click:

Tron's Promice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHGIdHCjm4&feature=PlayList&p=8521DFBE5322248B&index=3
(It's only the url. I didn't think you would appriciate the embedded video...

would you?)

Autowoman (Yes, based on Automan...)

Boingo_Buzzard
User

on Friday, January, 26, 2007 5:02 PM

This was the only part of the Tron level I REALLY didn't like. The whole hugging thing really put me off as just stupid. Not even emotional or heart felt or anything... just out of place and lame.

I think they could have given Tron a bit more dignity at the end of the whole thing then they did, to be honest.

Also, the whole tickling thing was just plain creepy. I wish they hadn't done that as well.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Kingdom Hearts 2