Other Games 
 I would please like some help ...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Assaultman67
User

on Thursday, July, 27, 2006 1:07 AM
I am making a tron based map for a game called Red Faction and i would like some help deciding the layout for this map ...

Mainly the problem im having is condensing things down to a small enough map but still have a tron based theme. All the areas in the movie are very open, i would like to condense these areas down into one large map without reducing the feel to it ... it can be outside but it has to be somewhat limited in size and area in which people can go ...

i have already made models of vehicles in tron which i plan on incorporating in the map

here are some pictures of the two models located here:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1433/tankfrontzd4.jpg

(the treads rotate around the tank ... i might have this drive around the rim or something to provide quicker transportation than walking there ...)

http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=recognizernw4.jpg

(has a blue texture ... i dunno how i am going to texture this)

ive done other maps and models that i would be happy to show you too if you still doubt that i am too crappy at modeling to pull off making a map :P ...

i am willing to give credit to the site if you help me out ...

Edge
User

Re: I would please like some help ...

on Wednesday, August, 16, 2006 1:21 PM
Great. Wish I could play it when its done, but I'd have to get red faction again. (A friend kinda put his PC on top of the disc >;( )

If you want open but not too big then probably an out door map, with something to contain players. Most likely either impassable walls or a big hole, both of which are easy in a tron setting. Its only amount of objects and polygons that restrict map size right? If so then collosal geometric shapes can make great scenery and put virtualy no strain on the map.

Perhaps it could be on top of a tower like structure, or maybe two conected towers for cool team games. All you would need would be a cool 'sky', some kind of ground (or maybe just the top of more 'data coulds'). You've played Tron 2.0 right? Loads of ideas in there. You could also base it on favourite maps from any other games.

Lastly, I presume the terrain will be destructable as in Redfaction? Hows that going to look? Plain bright blue, or a slight electric look maybe? Actually for destructable maps a corrupted sector would be perfect, all crumbly and stuff. Would look great, although would likely be a bit harder to make because of being less straight and full of cracks.

Hope it goes well.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

-------------------------
...erm...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games