Other Games 
 Help please?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
spiritplumber
User

Help please?

on Thursday, February, 01, 2007 5:53 PM
I'm wrapping up the RTS game, or trying to anyway. Right now I need a hand with a few things:

-How do I distribute hand weapons between the four armies? (blue, red, green, purple). I plan to basically have the game's hand weapons, plus a few others -- suggestions VERY welcome.

-What can I use for harvester/collector unis? Right now I'm using a weird cockroach thing for Green (Thorne) and a Pacman for Blue and Red.... what can I use for Purple?

-What air units do I put in, and how do I distribute them? Right now I have Defender, the triangle from Asteroids, the Trace from Delta5, Gradius and the ZIG fighter (for great justice!). (the Recognizer isn't a fighter and uses "hovercraft" logic instead)

Independent game programmers for the win!

data_ghost
User

Re: Help please?

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 4:04 PM
hand weapons are easy: blue and red: disc. green: ball. purple: rifle.

harvestor/collector: it will be very hard but wat about a seeker for purple?

air units: just make a combat recogniser (with a cannon on the shoulder).
the reds get a super unit instead however: sarks carrier. the blues get a standard reco but its faster . the greens is a slow but powerful 'air altillery' reco. the fcon reco has a cannon on EITHER side and extented range.

and how about fitting the logic probe in somewhere as a anit-building unit?

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

spiritplumber
User

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 4:31 PM
Try the game as it is now I'm trying to have more than 1 weapon, for example, Blue gets all the discs (multi, deflect, concussion, bounce), Red get the basic disc and the PRod weapons....

not sure what to give to purple and green ^^; that's my main problem.

Recognizers right now have three functions -- scouting (huge radar range), tugging (they can be used to get your heavy tanks through obstacles, move your missile posts, and even dunk enemy vehicles into chasms) and damage-soaking because they're big and can take a punch.

Right now for Red and Blue I have a Pacman as a collector, for Purple and Green a more modern looking thingie.

The logic probe in this is an infantry weapon which can be used against anything with great effect, but needs you to get close. If you probe a vehicle in the right spot, you've smashed through the windshield and take the vehicle over!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

data_ghost
User

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 6:17 PM
urm.. u've given me a lot of links on this and the otha thread. which 1?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

My humble little internet slice. Visit, read, comment, and laugh (with, not at I hope...)

spiritplumber
User

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 6:20 PM
http://67.15.245.144/bz2scrap/tron_standalone_beta.zip

Don't unzip on top of an earlier beta please!

Commands are:

WASD Move (AD strafe on foot and on the recognizer, and turn tanks around)

Mouse - Aim tank turret/Steer (lightcycle and recognizer)
Left mouse - Fire
Right mouse - Change weapon
E - Jump
C - Alt Fire (or disc block)
Space - Action
1 to 0 - Command (see top of HUD)
F1 to F10 - Unit select (see top of HUD)
H - Hop out of vehicle

data_ghost
User

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 8:26 PM
the game is nearing perfection spiritplumber! im not sure if tron was a very RTS suited series, but this just shows that its possible.

spiritplumber
User

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 8:35 PM
Thanks! I do the best I can...

To get to an overhead map, you can either interface to the terminal inside the Compiler (right now it's the only thing you can interface to, but that may change if I ever make a single player campaign, so the code is already there) or get inside a command tank. + and - keys change the view distance.

I need to do the weapons lineup for the Green and Purple army (HELP PLEASE! HELP PLEASE!) and improve infantry AI a little.

shadow_user
User

on Saturday, February, 03, 2007 9:07 PM
Purple should have swords. Swords are neat.
And is this a web game or a download game?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Mental Sector

spiritplumber
User

on Sunday, February, 04, 2007 7:27 AM
Download -- I put the download link in one of the last posts....

it's around 27Mb right now and will probably be around 32M when finished.

data_ghost
User

on Monday, February, 05, 2007 1:41 PM
swords?! very tronish hehe. well for the greens try grenades or a explosive-ranged weapon type thingy for the ball launcher/drunken dims. purple shuld just be rifle/machine gun weapons, a bazooka type thing for a prankster bit and a melee weapon for the energy claw.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Games 
 Help please?