Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Art Commission

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
spiritplumber
User

Art Commission

on Sunday, February, 25, 2007 10:25 AM
I've finished my NAVCOM AI project. Does anyone feel like drawing it in tron style, and if so how much would it cost me?

The NAVCOM AI is a dedicated hardware platforms, with three programs running in it (the NAV AI, the comm program, and a dynamic floating point math library).

Independent game programmers for the win!

zook_one
User

Re: Art Commission

on Monday, February, 26, 2007 1:03 PM
I sent you a private message with my email address. Shoot me an email and we can talk.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

[LDSO] LIVING DEAD SYSTEM OPERATORS www.LDSO.net

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Monday, February, 26, 2007 6:50 PM
I'm not quite sure what a "NAVCOM AI" project is, but I'd really like to see the outcome of it's being TRONized if possible.

If everything works out, I hope you'll treat us to some images.

Pulsewoman
User

on Monday, February, 26, 2007 7:37 PM

I have a question...

Do you want somebody to draw the machine itself in TRON-style--all geometric, glowy edges, etc.--or anthropomorphize the three programs _inside_ it into humanoid Tron-style people?

(Or would either one be acceptable?)

Either way, don't put _me_ on that job...I'd be WAY too tempted to draw the "floating point" as something like Byte or Cursor... :P
Okay, I know that's not what "floating point" actually means in terms of mathematics. But that's what popped into my head instantly when I thought of turning those programs into an anthropomorphized version...a girl navigation one, a big bulky guy one, and a little glowy thing hovering nearby. (snicker)

...Notoriousorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

spiritplumber
User

on Tuesday, February, 27, 2007 12:43 AM
http://67.15.245.144/portfolio/navcom_ai/

This is the full device (includes images of the prototype, the first production unit, some sensors, and one of the platforms the system is installed in, a model sailboat -- we're also putting this on a car and an airplane, pictures to come soon)

As for how you want to draw it... entirely your call, I basically want something neat-looking to put on the front page of the paper describing the system.

Nice call on the "floating point", hadn't thought about that!

spiritplumber
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2007 3:30 PM
Not what I had in mind, but this is what came out...

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Pulsewoman
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2007 6:56 PM

Oh, that is adorable! She kinda reminds me of one of those anthropormorphized concepts/companies/whatever...like the Wikipedia girl character with the puzzle pieces on her hair...what are those called? Moe-somethings. I remember when I read about the concept I was gonna draw person versions of my family's four cars* for the fun of it. :P

I still want to draw these guys TRON-style, but...I am not very good at being _fast_ with this style (all those delicate little circuits? You can have it fast, OR you can have it good, not both.) and at the moment I'm kinda ill. I'm not sure how good anything I draw right now would come out. Also, if you want a background, you're on your own--I know what TRON-ish backgrounds look like in _theory_, but whenever I'm asked to make up one on my own I always end up with maybe a grid floor, some generic geometric shapes with vaguely computer-circuit looking patterns on them, and a couple I/O towers with a beam coming out, and that's it.
Or I go for "floating in the void" and you get a lot of random flying cubes for no reason, with streams of numbers going in different directions in front of them. (shrug)

Anyway...

...Notorious

*We've had a 1972 yellow Volkswagen bug (older hippie-lookin' blonde dude), a beige 1980 Audi (snooty, yuppie-expressioned businesswoman in early '80s beige suit with appropriate hairdo), a maroon 1990 Chevy Lumina (sort of gothish teenage girl in dark red...with a fireball on her hand as an in-joke 'cos the car's downfall was catching on fire!) and our current one is a dark green 2000 Kia Sephia (bratty little hyper kid drawn anime style with dark green hair.)
At least, that's still the plan of how they'll look as people. When I get around to it.

There are only two rules for success in life:

1. Never tell everything you know.

spiritplumber
User

on Sunday, March, 25, 2007 7:18 PM
I think that part of the reason why TRONland backgrounds are hard to do is that they're _VERY_ sparse. They look a lot less cool in a static frame, the reason why they look neat in the movie is that the glow lines are slightly irregular and pulsate, so things look a lot more alive... (watch TRON and pause to see what I mean, it especially shows in the scenes in the IO tower)where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Art Commission