Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Cycles 3D

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Codebreaker
User

Cycles 3D

on Friday, May, 04, 2007 1:21 AM
Who's up for Cycles 3D? Anybody play it anymore? I never see anybody else online wanting to play.

Codebreaker
User

Re: Cycles 3D

on Wednesday, May, 23, 2007 12:00 AM
My friend and me tried to connect but we couldn't see each other. The GameFinder menu didn't even list anything. It just said "GNS server inactive". Anybody know what we're doing wrong?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 23, 2007 8:30 AM
Are you and your friend all up to date in any patches for the game??

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Codebreaker
User

on Wednesday, May, 23, 2007 10:18 PM
Yeah, we downloaded the latest version.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 23, 2007 10:32 PM
Have you tried putting the server outside of the firewall that you are using there. I know with a hardware firewall you might have to kill the firewall in order to play it.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 23, 2007 10:43 PM

The answer to this seems obvious to me.

The author stopped developing the game in 2002, even before Tron 2.0 came out. He designed it so that the Gamefinder feature connects to an intermediate server between you and other players, that kept track of all the people hosting. That server was probably run by the author.

Since 5 years have passed since the author stopped developing the game, the logical conclusion is that he's not hosting that Gamefinder server any more. Which means Multiplayer in Cycles 3D will, unfortunately, be a broken feature now.

I like how he kind of needled Monolith about Multiplayer Light Cycles for Tron 2.0, on his home page. "If some guy in college can write a working multiplayer light cycle game out of his apartment, and test it in a small network lab on a campus, then what is stopping these guys?"

As we know, Monolith later changed their minds and decided it was possible after all.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Daddyo
User

on Thursday, May, 24, 2007 1:30 AM
I'd ask the author if you can get the server software, or protocol. If you only can get ahold of the protocol, maybe we can get it working for you.

Otherwise, come join us on tron 2.0!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Cycles 3D