Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 What is it that you are looking for in Tron levels

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
creeno
User

on Friday, February, 08, 2008 12:26 PM
I have a notion of what it is that makes me want to even get into this level making thing, but maybe you who have spent much time playing the game can better put what I already know into words.
For instance, you can say specificially "If there was this or that color scheme in the context of this stylization of the innards of computers" and so on.
You will be helping me, I do not say I will ever be able to help you but charity does not ask, does it?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Daddyo
User

Re: What is it that you are looking for in Tron levels

on Friday, February, 08, 2008 6:15 PM
Are you thinking of making a single player or online multiplayer level?

I always wondered what it would be like to run in a super long light cycle map, with a few turns here & there, what the limit is on size.

Could almost be a drag race type of map, how about two or more maze-like lanes that two or more players can run down a strip. They can peer over a low wall to see the competitions progress, and have maybe two points where they can cross over into the other's lane to bring on the heat.

Walls can close behind the racers as they progress, or better yet recognizers slam their feet down behind them, like layers recent map & the movie. Anyone know where the download for layer's map is?

I can't seem to find it anymore.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 08, 2008 7:51 PM

Daddyo Wrote:Anyone know where the download for layer's map is?

I can't seem to find it anymore.
Layer's last light cycle map is part of LC Map Pack 3 now.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Daddyo
User

on Saturday, February, 09, 2008 3:26 AM
Excellent

creeno
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2008 1:36 PM
I just started playing the City Hub and I think it'd be fun to have some city style levels just to walk around in.
It almost seems Blade Runner.
This message is just me thinking in a post, but I think that some people echo the thought.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

death-program
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2008 8:10 PM
I'd like to see some open-world levels.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

The is THE TRUTH ZOMGWTFBBQ

ZazMan
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2008 2:56 AM
Hey Programs!

Just curious, has anyone creating any levels where you are being attack by the ICP regulars or the currupted programs? I looking for just an all out attack, you are the last running program and it up to you to save yourself and the system. the only good example is like in the movie "Starship troopers" where they are fighting off the bug in the base untill a ship come and get them out. has anyone done soemthing like that with tron 2.0? can it be done with the modding tools?

death-program
User

Re: What is it that you are looking for in Tron le

on Friday, February, 22, 2008 10:47 AM
Greetings, Program, and welcome to tron-sector!

Yes, it is possible to do this in the editing tools, in fact, it's one of the more easy things to do. It's also possible to put the player on the side of the ICPs when fighting the Viruses, or vice-versa.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who understand trinary and those who don't. And those who confuse it with binary.

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, February, 22, 2008 8:11 PM
ZazMan Wrote:Hey Programs!

Just curious, has anyone creating any levels where you are being attack by the ICP regulars or the currupted programs? I looking for just an all out attack, you are the last running program and it up to you to save yourself and the system. the only good example is like in the movie "Starship troopers" where they are fighting off the bug in the base untill a ship come and get them out. has anyone done soemthing like that with tron 2.0? can it be done with the modding tools?

Greetings, ZazMan and welcome to TRON-Sector!

Almost TWO years and you finally decided to make your first post! You see? The water wasn't cold or anything - it's just right. No need to wait so long - shoulda jumped in long ago.

I don't know much about this kind of question, but I think you'll get some good answers from some of the other members here. Good luck with your project.

A couple of threads you may want to hit are:

What's with your name?

And...

Don't forget to PING in every time you have yourself Another dose of TRON

I think you'll enjoy your time here at The Sector

ZazMan
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 1:01 AM
Cool cool, thanks

has anyone *done* this already? I don't want to redo what someone else has already done. I just want to keep the tron experience going. I lack a good connected to the net so online gaming is out i am just trying to keep the good times going

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 2:20 PM

ZazMan Wrote:has anyone *done* this already?
There have been several levels made where you get attacked by ICPs and z-Lots, but I don't think anyone has done an "all out" attack type of level.

What you're describing would also work best as a Single Player level rather than Multiplayer.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 6:12 PM
I dont think you could put this into a map, due to the high amount of polys, but.. similar to Superman's cave- a 4 story crystal, mostly clear cavern with a glacier on top. crystal bannisters throughout stairwells with geometry that's symbolic, and ballisters with rails overlooking several floors in the center. Some areas where a slide is necessary would have a negative gravity, and some areas would have wind moving or propelling the character naturally.. fast! With geometric lighning in the center of clusters of certain types of ice formations.

....hey, you asked!

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 7:32 PM
Here's an idea for Derez mode:

I once played the craptacular "Goldeneye: Rouge Agent" on Gamecube. The one thing I liked about it was the interesting "Traps system" in MP mode. You see, almost all of the MP maps were based on locations in Bond films. So, in Fransisco Scaramanga's Funhouse (from Man with the Golden Gun), you can use a switch (similar to the ones seen in TRON 2.0 and UE2's single player levels) to activate traps like Al Capone and the Cowboy. Also, in the Moonraker ship hanger map, you can activate the Moonraker 5 shuttle so that it scorches anyone in the conference room below, or in the other Moonraker map, bash someone with the centerfuge. I'd really like to see some "traps" in more MP maps for TRON 2.0. I know Wk3 did it in "Airstrike", and I personally think that's awesome. I'm thinking maybe a recognizer trap, where you can get into the cockpit, like in UE2, and activate the legs! Under the legs could be all of the armor, PBit, Corrode, etc...

I think movie accurate traps would be really cool, and it's usually really fun to try and find them and see what they do.

Here's some more "trap" ideas:

Activate switch; Lightcycle comes speeding out of a long, inaccesable corridor and smashes all in the way.

The Recognizer one seen above.

Get into tank and activate switch; Missile launches from turret, acting like it normally would in-game. This one may be a bit hard. Remote control of tank may be neat.

This would be a good one for a Solar Sailer Hanger map. Go over to control panel and activate switch; There could be several switches such as:

-One that derezzes the Sailer after a 5 second warning
-One that makes the Sailer take off after a 5 second warning
-And so on..

All of those would immediately kill all players on board.

So, if this post inspired any of you awesome mapmakers, credit me in a hidden area of your map!

I'd also like to see some more maps based on the movie, that'd be cool! Also, maybe some of the UE2 modders can rejoin forces and convert some of those maps to MP maps. Some of those levels would be pretty sweet as Derez maps!

Wow, that was a long post... order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

death-program
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 7:39 PM
I'm "making" a DA map where instead of fighting the other players, you fight a bunch of AI units. But I'm not doing too well with it, hence the quotations around the making. It's harder than it looks, this mapping.

Jademz
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 8:17 PM
death-program Wrote:I'm "making" a DA map where instead of fighting the other players, you fight a bunch of AI units. But I'm not doing too well with it, hence the quotations around the making. It's harder than it looks, this mapping.

There's maybe one DA map w/ AI. The one that comes to mind is called Hydrabattle 1.0. There are several awkward arenas with Datawraiths, resource hogs, and ICPs. The winner either beats the baddies w/o getting derezzed, or derezzes the AI fastest. It can be a great challenge when you don't get a round with a bad bug that either leaves the AI chars out, or very few rez in.

Maybe you can use it as a reference to make something different.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, March, 04, 2008 8:22 PM
Disk golf! Can't forget that map!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels