first map

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Jademz
User

Re: first map

on Tuesday, June, 16, 2009 3:17 PM
gotcha.

I never had a working first map, so you have one up on me, my PC died when I was making a cool lc map... Now you make me want to check it out, but it will have to wait for a while, too many projects...

I hope someone can detail what you should do to make your skybox and stuff, and prevent your program from freezing.

I know there are tutorials for FEAR that covers the stuff in deedit. There's alot of info at http://www.lithfaq.com/forums/ to get you started on the right path.

Also, another place to look is the NOLF 2 community, I've seen alot of info about deedit, and Tron 2.0 there.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

tron_man_63304
User

on Wednesday, June, 17, 2009 11:28 PM
the thing is that the nolf people have stuff we dont and thats no good be caus i dont have the ai navmesh thets in the toturial that vman gave me and this is the reson i say that people should share stuff on this site for dedit you know simple things becaus molith did not give any thing but one map and no instructions and i cant make any thing work like its sopost to im so frustrated with the fact that some people who have what we need to do what we need to do wont help wether they are part of molith or some stuck up person who clames to care this aplys to no one in particular and no one i know on a frend level who have the kindnes to help those who need help i hope some of the above mentiond people see this and do some thing.....
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Back by Unpopular Demand.

Jademz
User

on Thursday, June, 18, 2009 12:10 AM
hmm. The language is a huge barrier when you're looking at the tools. There's alot of info infront of you, but you have to learn what tools are, how they are used, and the definitions of things in the tutorials will give you clues in how to use them.

There are settings and attributes to things.. you have to learn how to create them within the parameters of deedit.. it's not easy, and I hope it is better explained for you soon.

I wish I could help, but I'm blind as a bat with this at the moment. I know how to understand things you describing, but I don't have it infront of me.

I guess some people know everything and wont tell you what you need to know, or haven't read your post.. yet.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

xistence
User

on Thursday, June, 18, 2009 4:36 PM
tron_man_63304 Wrote:the thing is that the nolf people have stuff we dont and thats no good be caus i dont have the ai navmesh thets in the toturial that vman gave me and this is the reson i say that people should share stuff on this site for dedit you know simple things becaus molith did not give any thing but one map and no instructions and i cant make any thing work like its sopost to im so frustrated with the fact that some people who have what we need to do what we need to do wont help wether they are part of molith or some stuck up person who clames to care this aplys to no one in particular and no one i know on a frend level who have the kindnes to help those who need help i hope some of the above mentiond people see this and do some thing.....

The problem might not be the fact that the people won't help at all, more that the place where you ask in particular might not be the best. Some sites are more dedicated into editing then other (also for Tron2.0 stuff).
About the frustration: i know definitly what you mean, but my experience are that your success is not related to others and if they share information. It is more related to yourself -not- to get frustrated as soon a few obstacles arise. Or do you really think the other started with a backpack full of information right from the start? No, not really, all (including me) spent (and still spending) lots and lots of hours just to fiddle out a single detail, and sometimes just finding out it can't be done at all. Does it stop someone who really want to create something? No, at least it shouldn't.

Don't make yourself to dependent from others work, just a recommendation. As soon you encounter problems you have to wait for others to go on and that can't be your plan. It doesn't mean you shouldn't ask if you need help, but remind that it is on you in the first line to get the answer if you want to go on. Sometimes you won't get an answer because no one has one.

About your problems with your freezing map: that can be related to different reasons: the map architecture could be one, otherwise maybe some objects are not set up correctly (like worldmodels, arena-objects etc.) and finally even texture can create problems (e.g. environment-maps not correctly linked, etc.).
The description of the problem is to wager to make a precise analyze.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, June, 19, 2009 12:57 PM

xistence Wrote:The problem might not be the fact that the people won't help at all, more that the place where you ask in particular might not be the best. Some sites are more dedicated into editing then other (also for Tron2.0 stuff).
This. Much as I love Tron-Sector, it's not the ideal place to ask for map making advice. For example, over at LDSO we have several members who have made maps but don't frequently visit here and won't see your posts.

Also, I know you might not like what I'm about to say or won't want to hear it tron_man. But I'm going to say it anyway.

From what I can tell, you're trying to go too complicated too soon. AI, moving objects, and effects on your first map . . . you need to learn to crawl, before you can fly or even walk. Start simple. Just make a simple map, to get the hang of map making.

Every one of us who released maps, first made a simple test map that we never released. Once we'd gotten the basics down, we moved on to more complicated things. It was only after I'd made a test map, and then my first real map, that I raised my ambition toward making something more complex with AI and lots of special effects.

This message isn't meant to discourage you. Just the opposite. Set aside the map you're currently working on, for now. Do another really simple map first, and get it working. You can always come back to the other map and finish it, once you've perfected your first simpler map. And if you need any help, consider asking members over at LDSO for advice.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

tron_man_63304
User

on Friday, June, 19, 2009 8:20 PM
i realiz what you are all saying and i thank you for your help i did make a map to start with and it dident work the first time until i lowerd the amount of data blocks and have spent much time working on the amount of blocks i used in this one but maby i should have put more workin to my first privet map i will work on it....order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

xistence
User

on Monday, June, 22, 2009 3:15 AM
Just as a 'guiding line' (how you can begin, at least you're free to decide if you want to do it that way):

-Have a plan/concept/sketch/script/whatever. They better you know -what- you want to get at the end, the -better- you can get ideas how to reach your target (and the more you understand the engine itself step by step for yourself -> you'll get better solutions). It makes it even simplier for you to ask the right question if you need help or advice.
-Then start understanding the different gamemodes, some need objects and those have to be set up correctly for maps like DiscArena. They are great obstacles at the begin and can crash your map.
-Then try to understand the work with 3D-stuff like geometry, brushes, textures. They're also great resources to do things wrong. Do it in small steps, so you can reverse your work to locate -where- your mistake might be. Save often, save early, make backups of your maps at major points. There are great tutorials already how to do 'good' architecture, this is a general way hot to do it so many 3D-tutorials can help or give you ideas about that stuff.
-Then experiment with objects. Create sorts of 'testing'-maps, small rooms with just a spawnpoint or similar, to test out an object with all its setting. The better you know them, the easier you can avoid problems with them.
And finally: know your tools, check out all menus, settings, remind what you have done, so you can reverse your steps in case something went wrong. Check out your key-settings in DEdit. This program has much more options and functions than it reveals through the mouseclicks or menus. The better you can handle your tools, the easier is your workflow and the better the quality of your result.

I personally think this might be a good order to understands things step by step. Also the frustration-level will be lower if you keep yourself a 'backdoor' open with things like backups and small work-steps, because nothing is more worse then to lost hours of work just because of a small mistake.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

tron_man_63304
User

.::::WARNING::::.

on Thursday, December, 24, 2009 10:54 AM
.::::WARNING::::.
to all who have build 2.5 of my new map:
the txt file inside the rez file has a . in the name the . before the . in .txt. please rename this file or download the updated file on file front

PLEASE REPLY HERE OR LDSO

so i can make sure every one fixes there problem

.=LINKS=.
LDSO thread:
http://www.ldso.net/tronforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=786&p=7738#p7738
filefront update:
http://www.filefront.com/15207565/TSDM.zip/

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels