TRON: LEGACY 
 D23

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DaveTRON
User

D23

on Sunday, September, 13, 2009 12:48 PM
OK, I have had a day or two to digest everything I took in at D23, and I have a few things to share.

1. TRON Legacy, the test video, looks amazing in 3D. What I liked was that gave the world perspective rather than trying to ram the light cycle in your face. It is additive instead of a gimmick. If you have not seen it in 3D yet, you are in for a treat.

2. The model of the light cycle is cool on film and in photos, but you don't understand the true beauty of it until you stand five feet away and look at it for real. That model is amazing.

3. Sean Bailey gets TRON. After having a chance to spend some time in a room with him hearing him speak to both me and others about TRON, the "legacy" is in good hands.

4. The designers truly took the look of TRON into account in designing the world of TRON legacy. Have any of you really looked at the drawings of the new light cycle and compared them to the old Syd Mead drawings. There are a few cases where I'd swear Syd did the job. I am very happy to have heard how much care they put into continuity from the old film while making a standalone story.

5. Story. I was able to get a few glimpses into the story of the film just due to proximity. I will not share them here because I value people's trust in me, but I can say that my personal concerns about story are evaporating quickly just based on what I have been able to hear. These guys get it and I believe they are making a movie worthy of a 28 year wait.

6. The crew. These people are us. Who do you want making TRON Legacy? Somebody who's just trying to make a name for themselves in film, or somebody who gets the impact of the first film outside of the film itself. These guys understand what TRON did for industries. How it affected so many people. These guys are fans too, and I think that will translate into a great film.

That's it for now. I'll write more later, but those were some initial thoughts. TL is going to be great, I can feel it.

DaveTRON

ShadowDragon1
User

Re: D23

on Sunday, September, 13, 2009 1:02 PM
Excellently said Dave. I feel the same way.

I've been trying to convey much of what your saying here myself to some of my friends.

I got a good feeling about the film too.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Nikster
User

on Sunday, September, 13, 2009 5:17 PM
I am so glad to hear that, Dave. I'm looking forward to the movie more now abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Compucore
User

on Sunday, September, 13, 2009 8:41 PM
What you can devulge without loosing the respect and trust from the current people that you have spoken with is truely respectable Davetron. Not to worry about it what you are allow to devulge please do. We do not want you to loose those people who have the trust in you. And I do respect that Dave. If I were in your shoes I would do the same as well as what you are doing. I too I am looking forward to seeing the film.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Cyberwolven
User

on Sunday, September, 13, 2009 10:24 PM
Davetron, you're always sharing info with us that you really don't have to, but do anyways.

This is good to hear. Can't wait for the movie.

I'm cold and calculating. Don't press my buttons.

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, September, 13, 2009 11:24 PM
My only worry about the film previously was that the storyline wouldn't focus on the religious undertones of the original movie and would be nothing more than a thrown in "son looks for father" storyline with the movie itself being nothing more than a graphics showcase. Davetron's overview of the D23 expo takes these fears and throws them out the window. I am now convinced that TRON Legacy will be much more than a simple "son looks for father scenario. Thank you very much, Davetron. May the power of users be with you.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Traahn
User

on Monday, September, 14, 2009 1:06 AM
Video Warriors, look! The I/O towers! Every one of them is lighting up...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

on Monday, September, 14, 2009 11:45 AM
Fellow geeks....you are truly geeks!

DaveTRON

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, September, 14, 2009 5:43 PM

My friends, my fellow conscripts, we have scored!

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

Overmind
User

on Monday, September, 14, 2009 10:44 PM
Put a cork inn

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY