TRON: LEGACY 
 Started thinking about the computer world evolving

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
retrorandy
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 6:03 PM
Sure, the TRON computer world would evolve, but wouldn't it more than likely be evolving on a new computer system? To evolve or have cooler stuff/world wouldn't you need more hardware/computing power?

Wouldn't Encom have migrated all their files from the Encom 511 Super Computer to a newer computer every couple of years as technology advanced?

It's interesting to think that there could be infinite computer worlds. Perhaps as many as there are computers if we think each computer has a world in them.

By uploading all of the TRON computer world files to a different computer & tweaking them wouldn't there also be new TRON worlds/universes? Who's to say that one of the computers wouldn't be on the internet & start to integrate files/programs/information downloaded from there into the TRON world?

I'm surprised that since the internet is such a HUGE influence in our computing lives these days that it's not integrated (even in a small way) into the TRON Legacy movie.

Jademz
User

Re: Started thinking about the computer world evolving

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 6:36 PM
Yeah, last I heard a while back, SL made a pitch to use nanobots and the internet, the powers that be weren't so excited. Personally, I would be.. but this is cool I guess.

The science behind this subject may unfold in a very surreal amazing way, or maybe with the existence of multiple states and places, it may very well be a type of visual representation where man doing things in the computer world can represent many things in usual ways that behave unpredictably inside and maybe outside of Encom for example, perhaps with each new human introduction to it, the cyberworlds change to allow for uncertain variables that will occur, causing a ripple in the multiverse that causes an awareness that manipulates the way things look and work a little. OK that's not gonna happen I'll quit babbling..

It's fun to think of this subject, hope the movie is better than what's currently out there.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 7:17 PM
I think the Encom computer system was probably upgraded, most likely to run as special type of quantum computer.

The evolution of the Programs and their world is more a relative one, a sort of partially a physical evolution (adaptation/societal-wise) , and partially abstract/spiritual & mental kind of evolution.

So it's not just a purely "physical" kind of thing in my view.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Traahn
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 8:24 PM
retrorandy Wrote:
I'm surprised that since the internet is such a HUGE influence in our computing lives these days that it's not integrated (even in a small way) into the TRON Legacy movie.
Where did you see the movie already? You seem to know a lot about the final product.

In all seriousness, it may turn out that you're right -- there's no internet in TL. But it seems a little early to conclude this, no?

It'd be cool to include some internet in TL -- some tapping into other corporate or government networks, or appropriating data from other systems (like the original), or maybe an internet 2.0 -- but I'm okay if an internet plot doesn't dominate TL. I actually hope it doesn't. I prefer a more visionary, forward-thinking version of TL -- the quantum computing path it seems to be going -- rather than something that directly mirrors our present day in every respect. I don't need to see a program riding a lightcycle to and fro putting up video feeds on YouTube for users; or doing Wikipedia updates based on user commands.

I don't want TL to be antiquated as soon as it comes out. I also don't want it mirroring reality in every respect just to 'relate' to the audience, or to make them feel comfortable.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Jademz
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 9:10 PM
I don't think there's anything to worry about where the cool factor is at in the movie, I'm actually more concerned that they may exclude PC gamers, which seems to be a trend.

As with the 'net treatments that may or may not be in the movie, I don't understand why worry? Who needs the internet when you can manipulate time and space with your mind? hehe. Mil can look at you taking a piss on a rock and see if you're dehydrated these days from a satellite.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 9:31 PM
Joe Kosinski and Steve Lisberger have both said the movie does not deal with the Internet, but with the world of Tron within the Encom system itself that has been isolated, it's like the Galapogos Island in a sense.

This will be in part about what's become of Flynn's little digital petri dish like experiment

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

Traahn
User

on Sunday, November, 01, 2009 11:38 PM
Still, I'd be pretty surprised if the internet didn't factor into the movie at all at some point.

Maybe the ending of the movie will be that the Galapagos Tron world gets somehow connected (or re-connected?) to the internet maliciously, or maybe just benignly where they don't realize the potential negative impact this action will have. Here, the stage is set for a Tron 3, in which a bad guy from Tron 2 is re-booted, made more powerful through appropriating, and then wreaks havoc on the rest of the world's systems. "Tron 3: Quantum Leap"

Ha! fun stuff. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2009 2:10 AM
Um. Yeah that would be frakked up.

If every Program in the Encom system has evolved into fully self-aware entities with Free Will, with some being good, and some just plain mean, malicous, and
evil-arrogant and/or evil-greedy, or power hungry....

A gang of them getting out into the internet would be bad, very very bad in my view. Sort of like Replicators from Stargate SG-1 bad.... with an MPC-like leader well, human civilization would be screwed.

Imagine if just 20, 50 or 100 little self-aware A.I. Programs all lead by an suped up MPC type Program got out. It would be a bad situation I think.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

SweatyPyro
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2009 1:48 PM
Hopefully all the programs that get self aware serve in useless tasks so they can present little harm for a bit. I wouldn't be too worried of minesweeper.exe if it became an AI. It would be annoying, but it can be stopped.

And I hope Valve made sure hl2.exe cannot become self aware. That would be a morale blow to many of us. (Make sure the programs don't know this)order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

\o/

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2009 2:12 PM
LOL funny SweatyPyro. :P

retrorandy
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2009 2:44 PM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote: Um. Yeah that would be frakked up.

If every Program in the Encom system has evolved into fully self-aware entities with Free Will, with some being good, and some just plain mean, malicous, and
evil-arrogant and/or evil-greedy, or power hungry....

A gang of them getting out into the internet would be bad, very very bad in my view. Sort of like Replicators from Stargate SG-1 bad.... with an MPC-like leader well, human civilization would be screwed.

Imagine if just 20, 50 or 100 little self-aware A.I. Programs all lead by an suped up MPC type Program got out. It would be a bad situation I think.

I think it would make a fascinating plot Shadow! Time to star writing...maybe TRON 3 or 4? Then I imagine the good programs would have to follow data streams through the internet to track them down & de-rez/destroy them. The different worlds/background would be cool to look at/explore too. I keep thinking if TRON Legacy takes off an animated smaller feature or series would be cool.

And yes SweatyPyro...too funny. I imagine some programs would be much easier to stop than others.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2009 10:32 PM
You all seem to be completely ignoring the importance of the orange digitization process and how it's obviously going to be the most important piece of the entire TRON canon.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Overmind
User

on Monday, November, 02, 2009 10:35 PM
But an army of selfaware paperclip helpers?
The horrors... the horrors...order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

ShadowDragon1
User

on Tuesday, November, 03, 2009 2:09 AM
Only the Programs from the Encom system I think could/would/possibly evolve be truely self-aware and have free will (perhaps Flynn's mind influenced things intentionally or unintentionally which helped to push such an evolution?).

Programs outside of Encom in other systems wouldn't have the same level of self-awareness and would not have the same level of free will in my view.

Programs from Encom would have to have the ability to greatly alter the Programs that are in other systems, to
basically "upgrade" them to full self-awareness & true free will.

Which wouldn't be good if malicious, rogue Programs from Encom were doing such.

Yeah, such things could make for good plot thread for further Tron sequels.

For now I think Tron Legacy will mostly deal with the isolated galapagos island that is the Encom System, Sam journey, Flynn's story, and what's become of the digital realm within the Encom system and the digital entities inside it.

Perhaps at the very, very end will be a subtle allusion to Encom either purposfully or by accident getting connected to the greater Internet cyber-universe.
I don't think Joe and Steve want an "opening of Pandora's box" situation just yet.
Maybe in a hypothetical "Tron Legacy II".... who knows...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

basic.exe
User

on Monday, November, 09, 2009 10:14 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:You all seem to be completely ignoring the importance of the orange digitization process and how it's obviously going to be the most important piece of the entire TRON canon.

"IT'S ONLY A FRUIT!!!"

"...not anymore..."
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

mastercilinder
User

on Wednesday, November, 11, 2009 12:55 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that expanded it's hardware just by the look of the trailer. I, however, still don't get how Flynn made himself a nice little house in the middle of a normal non-computer world looking mountain. Did he learn how to make it while he is in there or what? I pray that the script stays away from too much internet or AI. A little would be O.K. and personally seeing 's system as Flynn's petri dish is just an awesome concept.

And why is the orange so important? please tell me. They sent the orange into the the computer to test if they could make a SIMULATED orange, hence the simulation bay. What gives, or am I horribly wrong? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Wednesday, November, 11, 2009 3:25 AM
Flynn's house in the test/Proof of Concept footage is not from the movie.

Olivia Wilde has let slip that Flynn has very awesome "white cave".. supposedly Flynn's home in the digital world.

He could re-build a Recognizer; so I think after being in that digital world for awhile he'd learn how to use his influence as a User to form a living area for himself...

From some of the things Joe and Steve have said and alluded to, and going by the Flynn audio clips have hinted and/or said is that:

1) movie is not about the internet.

2) the digital realm in the Encom System has been turned into a type of isolated experiement by Flynn.

3) An aspect of the back story is that self-aware intelligent life may evolve from "somewhere unexpected".

>>I speculate that Flynn is refering to the Programs in the Encom System, so a form of A.I. is a part of that I think.

xalener
User

on Monday, November, 30, 2009 8:28 PM
This is probably the beginning of when the computers start thinking and the people stop?

Alan: I was paged last night. Came from your dad's arcade
sam: So?
Alan: the number's been disconnected for 20 years!
Sam: THEN WHO WAS PAGER

mastercilinder
User

on Saturday, December, 05, 2009 8:28 PM
xalener Wrote:This is probably the beginning of when the computers start thinking and the people stop?

nice one, but when is someone going to address the orange? What is the signifigance? order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY