TRON: LEGACY 
 My thoughts on the status of the viral marketing

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Tron 3.0
User

on Sunday, December, 06, 2009 7:30 AM
Simply put, I don't think 42 Entertainment's Tron Legacy viral isn't dead; just on hiatus until some point next year. Don't fret about it being dead, guys. The movie's not out until December 2010, so maybe the viral could start back up some point this spring or maybe at San Diego Comic-Con in July. I don't think 42 Entertainment would bail on a potential film viral like Tron Legacy just yet. Remember with The Dark Knight viral? They continued with it even after Heath Ledger's death, and look how successful it made THAT movie! If 42 Entertainment could make TDK a massive hit with its viral, Tron Legacy could do well. So, let's just wait until some point around Spring/Summer 2010 before we decide that the Tron Legacy viral is dead. Sounds good?

Who else has similar thoughts?

"You won, ok? IT'S JUST A GAME!!!"

"...not anymore..."

THE GAME HAS CHANGED

Tron Legacy- In Disney Digital 3-D and IMAX 3-D December 17, 2010!!!!!!!!

PSN: halo101

mastercilinder
User

Re: My thoughts on the status of the viral marketing

on Tuesday, December, 08, 2009 7:11 PM
Makes sense. I never thought it died but I'm guessing as soon as were a little closer to release we might see more. (Please re-open Flynn's arcade, please please please!)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 09, 2009 6:03 PM

Disney and their marketing agency are just taking a break from promoting the film, like you've said. An over-saturation of hype for the sequel this far in advance could hurt more than help.

There might be a bit of newfound activity around the same time as details of the new Tron game trickle out. But then they'll probably go back into quiet mode until the next Comicon. Once Comicon 2010 hits, then I think the whole viral campaign will kick into high gear again. Here's hoping they re-open Flynn's Arcade next year.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Daddyo
User

on Thursday, December, 10, 2009 10:00 PM
mastercilinder Wrote:Please re-open Flynn's arcade, please please please!

TronFAQ Wrote:Here's hoping they re-open Flynn's Arcade next year

Save your quarters...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY