TRON: LEGACY 
 Screening Legacy

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
purplenormy
User

Re: Screening Legacy

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 3:43 PM
Can't really remember the music, was too blown away by the visuals. But I assume that it was some new music from Daft Punk who are scoring the film.

The whole package was excellent!where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Compucore
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 3:46 PM
I could not make it at all over here. THe closest one was in Toronto over here. And I am in the Province of quebec over here. It would have taken me too long to get there. Plus I was working last night.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

RenegadeProgram
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 4:34 PM
CluLives Wrote:Just got back from the Toronto Screening -

it was just the trailer. And "Flynn Lives" t-shirts.

And the trailer is - AWESOME!

There are definitely some codes and stuff for people to decipher. Hedlund wipes some dust off a screen which shows some dates and other data.

The recognizer kicks ass. Clu blows my mind. There is a bit of a light cycle duel at the end, which dropped my jaw.

Olivia Wilde is drop-dead gorgeous.

Can't wait to download this thing! It's very stylish, sleek, dark and well-paced. The only downfall is that the trailer really plays to the in-crowd, so I'm worried about accessibility for everyone else (Flynn's arcade, the digitizing process is only alluded to still not shown)... but screw everyone else, this movie is for us! haha!

Don't know how much more to share, don't want to spoil too much since the world will see it soon... what do you guys think?

Hey Clu Lives, I, too, am one of the folks who grew up with the original Tron back in '82 . If you could, at this point, elaborate more on the trailer, we really wouldn't mind it. THANKS for what you did reveal, though. I'm excited but am still skeptical to some degree - the description that the Collider.com guys gave of it as being TRON+THE MATRIX (I do like the Matrix films but I want the two being uniquely distinguishable films) has me a little worried, as well as the lack of circuitry on the suits. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

battlecat
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 4:46 PM
I got there quite early because I wanted to ensure decent seats for myself and guest.

The first part of the trailer was mostly a shorter version of the comic-con footage from last year. After that we see Sam Flynn discovering his father's hidden workshop at the arcade, wiping dust off of active computer screen, and taking a seat at a desk while something familiar rises in the shadows behind him. The whole while we are listening to a voice-over conversation between Sam and an older Alan Bradley who is encouraging him to look for his father.

After the desk scene we are brought into the world of Tron, and seeing familiar machines in new configurations, moving in ways we've never seen before. As just one example we see a recognizer flying in to land, then the top portion tracks down to the ground as the legs protrude through the upper section. The new lightcycles are super-bright and coloured like candy, all hard and glossy-finished.

The program's suits so far are exactly what we saw revealed in Pitcell; black bodysuits with relatively little light-up circuitry standing in sharp relief. These things really pop in low light.

Honestly, it all goes by pretty fast, and it's a lot to take in. I think we can already say that IMAX will be THE way to see this film if you can manage it.

After what felt like two and a half minutes we were ushered out, only to find a table of people handing out "FLYNN LIVES" t-shirts (black shirt with white letters, M/L/XL, 100% cotton American Apparel according to the tags- remember this when the fakes start showing up on Ebay). Here's a shot of one with a ticket:

(insert non-functioning link here )

The shirts were one per person, and CluLives and I went back to see if we could snag some extras for the board after they had given one to everyone there. They said no, that they didn't own them, and had to keep the extras. We tried, guys.

I think the shortness of the trailer is what's soured some people on how it was run; obtaining tickets and 1.5 hours waiting for what felt like 2.5 minutes of footage, then being shown the door. I think the shirts took a little sting out of that, though. Honestly, the shirts were more than what I was expecting. We've come away with less from other viral games, and many of the audience members seemed like average folks hoping for something really different to happen.

I just feel bad for all of you who took part but couldn't make it to a screening or get tickets. I know it seems like you get no rewards for your effort, but some of us are still looking out to help you if we can. In the meantime I hope the trailer gets released pretty soon so we cn all take a little time to pause and dissect it! order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Traahn
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 4:48 PM
Alright, I can't keep away from this. I am jealous you all got to see this trailer!! Any bootleg videos?? LOL j/k (kinda, heh)

I would love to have seen this. Even if it had been a 15 minute snippet from the movie, I don't think I could NOT watch it if given the opportunity

Glad you guys got to see it. Sounds fun! I can't wait to see some of this stuff in action, and I hope they release it to more IMAX theaters in other cities soon. At least to the places that participated in the ARG! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

battlecat
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 4:48 PM
Hmm... maybe I can use HTML for the pic? Let's see...

Please excuse my photo-posting ignorance...

CaptainCR
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 5:22 PM
nice shirt!..hopefully we can all get 1 somehow somehwere down the road .where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

RenegadeProgram
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 7:41 PM
battlecat Wrote:I got there quite early because I wanted to ensure decent seats for myself and guest.

The first part of the trailer was mostly a shorter version of the comic-con footage from last year. After that we see Sam Flynn discovering his father's hidden workshop at the arcade, wiping dust off of active computer screen, and taking a seat at a desk while something familiar rises in the shadows behind him. The whole while we are listening to a voice-over conversation between Sam and an older Alan Bradley who is encouraging him to look for his father.

After the desk scene we are brought into the world of Tron, and seeing familiar machines in new configurations, moving in ways we've never seen before. As just one example we see a recognizer flying in to land, then the top portion tracks down to the ground as the legs protrude through the upper section. The new lightcycles are super-bright and coloured like candy, all hard and glossy-finished.

The program's suits so far are exactly what we saw revealed in Pitcell; black bodysuits with relatively little light-up circuitry standing in sharp relief. These things really pop in low light.

Honestly, it all goes by pretty fast, and it's a lot to take in. I think we can already say that IMAX will be THE way to see this film if you can manage it.

After what felt like two and a half minutes we were ushered out, only to find a table of people handing out "FLYNN LIVES" t-shirts (black shirt with white letters, M/L/XL, 100% cotton American Apparel according to the tags- remember this when the fakes start showing up on Ebay). Here's a shot of one with a ticket:

(insert non-functioning link here )

The shirts were one per person, and CluLives and I went back to see if we could snag some extras for the board after they had given one to everyone there. They said no, that they didn't own them, and had to keep the extras. We tried, guys.

I think the shortness of the trailer is what's soured some people on how it was run; obtaining tickets and 1.5 hours waiting for what felt like 2.5 minutes of footage, then being shown the door. I think the shirts took a little sting out of that, though. Honestly, the shirts were more than what I was expecting. We've come away with less from other viral games, and many of the audience members seemed like average folks hoping for something really different to happen.

I just feel bad for all of you who took part but couldn't make it to a screening or get tickets. I know it seems like you get no rewards for your effort, but some of us are still looking out to help you if we can. In the meantime I hope the trailer gets released pretty soon so we cn all take a little time to pause and dissect it!

Thanks, Battlecat. Are you and Clu Lives in LA or New York?

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, February, 27, 2010 8:35 PM
IDK what the frak the article writter at Collider is talking about. Nothing in the trailer said "The Matrix" to me at all.

The writter seems kind of clue less as to the very nature of the Tron Universe in Tron Legacy is all about, and how quite different it is from The Matrix Universe.

Plus. Some people are too damn spoiled and whiney. They need to take a frakkin' chill pill. "Whaa waaah, I didn't get massive loads of swag or see 25 minutes of the movie even though it has 8-9 months of post-production VFX & CGI still left to do on it. Whaaa whaaa" Some people need to not be such crybabies.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

battlecat
User

on Sunday, February, 28, 2010 3:36 AM
No problem, Renengade Program. CluLives and I are both Toronto locals.

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Screening Legacy