Tron 2.0 
 So how good exactly is Tron 2.0?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Baloo
User

on Sunday, June, 20, 2010 5:26 PM
I've been contemplating buying an Xbox where I work recently, mainly for modding purposes, but also to play some games as well, namely Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Jedi Academy, Halo 2, and Counter-Strike among others (Yes I know they're all on PC, I own both Jedi Academy and Counter-Strike on PC but it's a bit of a hassle for me because I run Windows 7 and I just prefer console gaming).

Regardless, one of the games that caught my eye was this. I've heard it's just a FPS, but I was wondering how good this game really is? Is it worth a buy?

[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/LIUKANGFIGHTER/sega-16_sonic1_200x40.png[/IMG]

Mr. Sinistar
Sector Admin

Re: So how good exactly is Tron 2.0?

on Sunday, June, 20, 2010 5:41 PM
The PC version is the way to go, no doubt. Unfortunately the XBOX version really sucks.

Gameplay wise, it's really good, however sometimes you do get stuck in doing the same thing sometimes.

Storywise, it's okay. I don't think it's that great, but it's passable.

Graphics are perfect. Sound's perfect (except for Jet's voice over).where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

OPEN SOURCE TRON PROJECT

"what the hell is a limux.."

- Gattorcar (a user on YouTube) April 17, 2007

test

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, June, 20, 2010 5:44 PM
Baloo Wrote:I've been contemplating buying an Xbox where I work recently, mainly for modding purposes, but also to play some games as well, namely Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Jedi Academy, Halo 2, and Counter-Strike among others (Yes I know they're all on PC, I own both Jedi Academy and Counter-Strike on PC but it's a bit of a hassle for me because I run Windows 7 and I just prefer console gaming).

Regardless, one of the games that caught my eye was this. I've heard it's just a FPS, but I was wondering how good this game really is? Is it worth a buy?

The Xbox version is okay, PC really is the way to go though, as a lot of discs for the console version were rushed so fast (in order to release on the same day as Halo 2 for some reason) that many of them are defective and you won't be able play the game hardly.

Almost every glitch or issue I've ever had with TRON 2.0 is on the Xbox version. PC is MUCH better.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, June, 20, 2010 7:19 PM

My post is pretty much going to be a repeat of what Mr. Sinistar and TRON.dll have said.

I own both the PC and Xbox versions, and while the Multiplayer was improved (but now useless with Xbox Live support gone) the Single Player experience in the Xbox version isn't as good. There are a lot of little things that add up: bugs, cutscenes playing back slower so the timing is off and music ends before the cutscene does, characters and optional objectives removed, puzzles simplified to the point they represent no challenge, and so on.

Not to mention, playing the game in widescreen at a high resolution on a monitor makes the game look pretty spectacular compared to playing it in standard-definition on a TV.

As for the game itself as a whole in terms of gameplay, the sentence that can best describe it is: greater than the sum of its parts.

It doesn't have the best story, and it's not the best game ever, but on the whole it's very polished and beautifully made.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Traahn
User

on Monday, June, 21, 2010 1:20 AM
If you like Tron and wish to immerse yourself in the Tron universe, Tron 2.0 is definitely worth a buy! Get the PC version.

DaveTRON and company did a great job with that game. I'm just sad that it never got a sequel or a full-fledged Monolith-produced expansion pack. I hope you buy it, play it and enjoy it! Be sure to turn the glow effects on in the Options menu. Those effects were pretty new at the time the game came out. Actually I think the glow effects were built for the game. Either that, or the game and the effects just happened to come out at the same time, but were marketed with the Tron 2.0 product. I remember turning those effects on for the first time and getting all giddy.

You have to remember, when the game came out, there was 'nothing' new regarding the Tron franchise for 20 year prior; and there was no hope of any new Tron movie. Any movie rumours faded away into the ether just as quickly as they started. To all the sudden step into the Tron world, in a well-produced, well-funded FPS, was a dream come true!

Then after beating it on the PC, if you want to try it on your XBOX, to play it from your couch on your TV, get it for that... to show your Tron solidarity. But the PC version should be your first playthrough.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

neomanga
User

on Monday, June, 21, 2010 2:46 AM
So PC is the way to go... (I know not MY thread, but, answered my questions.) And now I'm kicking myself for passing up the chance on buying the game at a cheap price from a save alot store. I knew I should have gotten it when I saw on the box "TRON 2.0" (yes, it was the OFFICIAL game). where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Baloo
User

on Monday, June, 21, 2010 10:32 AM
Hmm, guess I'll look for the PC version then. Thanks for the responses everyone.

[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/LIUKANGFIGHTER/sega-16_sonic1_200x40.png[/IMG]

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0