Fan Fiction & Art 
 Rare ENCOM Interview and Game Prototype

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Rikitiki
User

on Thursday, July, 01, 2010 8:44 AM
I recently had the oportunity to sit down and talk with former Encom employee and game designer Steve Smith.
Where we discussed Encoms first video game which ironicly was never released and now we know the real reasons why.

TOG: Theres been alot of rumors and debates over the years, so I have to ask what really was Encoms first video game?

SS: Yeah long before Space Paranoids and Matrix Blaster it was supose to be Video Pinball 2.0
which people will finally get to see and play for the first time in over 30 years at this years California Extreme.

TOG: So why was it never realesed?

SS: Ok, well set the way back machine for 1979.
I along with Kevin Flynn set out to design some video games for Encom. Problem was we loved video games and could play them better than anybody but knew very little about gaming programing so we decided to visit Ataris main frame and take a look around.

TOG: Wait a minite! are you saying you hacked into Atari!?

SS: Well thats one way to put it, yes. Once Encom had developed the MCP it was actually quite easy.
So we started poking around and found a program called Solar War which was going to be a follow up to Ataris Video Pinball but it was dropped and never released. So I thought we could take a look at that program change it around enough by rom hacking it alittle with some addtional graphics and sounds so we could call it our own and get Encoms foot in the door into the new growing gaming industry.
TOG: So what happen?

SS: Tron. We had the VP2.0 protoype completly built
and had been approved for production of 2,000 units
when it was uncovered by that damm Tron program!
Which had reported back to Atari a breach which
lead them back to us and Encom.
Atari threaten lawsuits and it was later settle out of court with the case dropped.
But VP2.0 along with all video game related projects were dropped and I was let go.

TOG: But Flynn was allowed to stay?

SS: Yeah, I took the fall and Flynn had continued to work on games on his own time.
Once he had those codes there was just no stopping him and the rest is gaming history.

isMetaClass
User

Re: Rare ENCOM Interview and Game Prototype

on Thursday, July, 01, 2010 8:48 AM
interesting

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Rikitiki
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2010 10:50 AM
Forged me a group 6 and gained access to Encoms archived files

ifmnetzwerk
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2010 11:27 AM
i don't get it, i posted this up last week and the guys at UF said it was BS.

The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? Motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day. I got in.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2010 12:19 PM
Kevin never told anyone about his experience inside the computer, and as such nobody would've been able to re-create it in a drawing with such high accuracy. Also the mention of the Tron program and MCP seems a little fishy.

Also:

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
unearthed and reconstructed exclusivly by: ArcadeHacking.com and ThisOldGame.com

I'm assuming that these are the groups hosting the pinball expo mentioned at the bottom, and have decided to put together a fun little promotional thing. Maybe they built a tron-like video pinball game. Who knows?

All I'm saying is that it's all in good fun to promote a pinball expo. I'd say it's not in-canon with the ARG, just good fun. Please don't get pissed at this guy, obviously him and a bunch of other people went through a lot of work to set this up.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

ifmnetzwerk
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2010 12:58 PM
Rikitiki Wrote:Forged me a group 6 and gained access to Encoms archived files

hmm, this could mean somethingorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? Motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day. I got in.

Rikitiki
User

on Wednesday, July, 07, 2010 1:15 PM
I think it does

MCPcomputer
User

on Wednesday, July, 14, 2010 8:11 PM

Wow very cool programs I really like this!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Rikitiki
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 11:41 AM
from fiction to reality Atari's Video Pinball has now been officially "TRON-itized" by Encom
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Rikitiki
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 11:42 AM

Rikitiki
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 11:48 AM
Those crafty Encom engineers fabricated a daughter board that would then plug tight into the orginal Atari board and overide its code to then play their 2.0 version
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

isMetaClass
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 11:51 AM
NICE!!!

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 11:51 AM
Very nice!

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

isMetaClass
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 12:12 PM
LOVE the artwork! just noticed the balls instead of discs

also, even "Video Pinball 2.0 Encom Prototype" on the daughter board. nice touch

IsoLine
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 1:00 PM
It's a nice bit of fiction. For one it mentions that TRON informed Atari of the hacking.....Huh, why would TRON an Encom program inform Atari of anything. THe program is not beholden to Atari but Encom. I wouldn't expect it to inform Atari if it wasn't an Atari creation...Which it isn't. Second, taking a look at that daugherboard, it uses a integrated circuit configuration not available in the late seventies so they had to have fabricated that circuit recently. That style of chip packaging was spawned in the Surface Mount technology boom of the 1990's.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Rikitiki
User

on Wednesday, July, 28, 2010 4:01 PM
wow really?
Im no autorhity but Tron runs indepently and would think could report a break in/breach to any system Im sure wheher that hack was reported to Atari directly, Encom or some other computer system that would uncover that breach the official details and recolections could be blurred over the years : )

That said if Encom can create a laser to digitze and pull a user into the realm Im sure they could ingrate circuits before there time ; )

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Rikitiki
User

RE: Rare ENCOM Interview and Game Prototype

on Wednesday, December, 15, 2010 9:18 PM
Looks like VP2.0 got some notice and made a appearence in Tron-Betrayal.
Back up behind Mr Alan Bradley

bluy20203
User

RE: Rare ENCOM Interview and Game Prototype

on Wednesday, December, 15, 2010 9:34 PM
DUDE! i didnt even notice that!
awesome!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art