Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 TRON Evolution In-Depth Discussions (Contains Spoilers)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TriggerEXE
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 12:43 AM
Okay, so I thought I'd make a separate discussion on the game since I wouldn't want to spoil anything for anyone in another topic. Its basically so we can talk about stuff that happens in the game, ask questions, and say what we think is going on.

That being said, anyone who hasn't played the game and beaten it SHOULD NOT READ anything below, because it contains plenty of spoilers.

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
So lets start with the beginning. You see CLU talking to TRON and Flynn and he looks exactly the same as Flynn does, with the jacket and blue/white piping. In the next scene, CLU looks like he does in the movie, with no jacket and orange piping, and he's suddenly wanting TRON and Flynn derezzed. What happened in that brief amount of time to make him change so drastically? I want to see that. I know that it turns out he was sort of plotting things for a long time, but still. Then, later on, Quorra thinks TRON and Flynn are dead, but we know otherwise. I would have liked to see that battle for myself. I hope its in the movie.

What do the different colors mean? Someone said once that the ones in white with whatever color piping were the ISOs and the ones in black were basics. I get that, but then we have ones in black that are suddenly also ISOs and ones in white who aren't, like Flynn. So how can you really tell which are which? In the original movie, it seemed like the blue programs were good and the red ones were evil. Simple enough. This time it seems like the blue/white ones are good and the orange/yellow ones are bad. But this isn't always the case. You see yellow programs who are good for example. You also see TRON and Flynn with what looks like white piping, but you also see them with blue. Anon starts off blue, but ends up white later on. What does this mean? Just what did Flynn do to Anon's disc? Its never really said.

For that matter, why did they have to derezz Anon at the end? So he was just a character for the game and nothing more? I guess that's why he never talks, so you don't get any kind of attachment to him. Since he was created by Flynn, shouldn't he had looked and talked like Flynn? He would have been another CLU.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Anyone else have any questions or anything they want to say about the game, feel free.

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Defender
User

RE: TRON Evolution In-Depth Discussions (Contains Spoilers)

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 3:12 PM
I thought it was funny, in the very beginning of the game, he had a CD that you were on, even though it's supposed to be set in the 80's.

Jason.exe
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 4:43 PM
Defender Wrote:I thought it was funny, in the very beginning of the game, he had a CD that you were on, even though it's supposed to be set in the 80's.

The CD was introduced in 1976.

TriggerEXE
User

on Friday, December, 10, 2010 6:33 PM
lol Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Thanks for clearin that up. If they were available at all, Flynn could have gotten them. Considering how brilliant and rich he was.

Here's something else though. In the opening movie you see Tron fighting an orange security guard, but they aren't introduced until CLU goes crazy. So where did it come from? o.o

TriggerEXE
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 4:46 AM
Well, I just beat the game after finding all the shards, and its not different.

So the whole purpose of the disc fragments is to find out something you would find out through playing the game anyway? That's kind of lame... But its still interesting that Clu would create a virus like that. I wonder if it is mentioned at all in the movie.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 8:42 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't provide subs/transcription for the shards!! FAIL. Grrrrr. I expected better.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 8:48 AM
KiaPurity Wrote:I'm surprised that they didn't provide subs/transcription for the shards!! FAIL. Grrrrr. I expected better.

TRON: Battle Grids is pretty fun since it's straight forward games oriented in the Grid. You create an avatar of your choosing and compete with other programs, including Flynn in the early days. I suspect Clu will be one of the locked characters later in the game.

It's not easy to play but takes getting used to. Light Cycles Arena and Hyper Ball (Jai Alai) are my favorites. The Tanks game is a very modern take on the original tank stage from the original TRON arcade. The Disc Wars is not bad but cute to watch programs kick the crap out of each other with some Daft Punk OST running.

I LOVE the Tron Wiimote from PDQ. The piping lights up nicely and the grip is comfortable.

Aurrius
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 1:45 PM
I though the white colored programs were that color because they are from Arija City.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TRON.dll
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 2:23 PM
Aurrius Wrote:I though the white colored programs were that color because they are from Arija City.

Zuse is a Basic and he has white circuitry. According to the movie's website: White circuitry means "Higher Functions". They are programs who, like Zuse, run establishments such as nightclubs and so on.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

CorruptTrent01
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 2:27 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:
Aurrius Wrote:I though the white colored programs were that color because they are from Arija City.

Zuse is a Basic and he has white circuitry. According to the movie's website: White circuitry means "Higher Functions". They are programs who, like Zuse, run establishments such as nightclubs and so on.

So, in any case; would Anon be of some difference to these higher functions?

Especially since Anon gained higher functions, or how shall we say, white circuitry after Flynn tinkered and upgraded his Identity Disc with the Abraxas Shards.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

-+ A REVOLUTION IN THE SERVER, THE GRID CALLS... +-
-Also known as TheDarkOfNight - D and other abbreviations of said name on other websites (Skype included)-

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 2:58 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:

That's correct. I saw the same information on various levels of functions between colored factions. This was explained on the Tron site where you play the light cycle game to collect buttons from Flynn's Safehouse and all the way to the Grid. You basically ride around and every time you get those buttons, there's a piece of crucial information that relates to the movie.

However, in the menu section, they do explain the functions when you create an avatar. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

cirlin
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 3:11 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:I'm surprised that they didn't provide subs/transcription for the shards!! FAIL. Grrrrr. I expected better.

There are some weird lack-of-subtitle moments. During one point the game switches back and forth from gameplay to a cutscene fairly quickly. A character is talking during this sequence, first in the cutscene, and then continuing during the gameplay. The cutscene has subtitles, but the talking during the gameplay does not, and it's totally drowned out by the sound effects and music. I had to play through a second time with the other sounds turned down to figure out what was going on.

It's a really fun game, but there are some really sloppy missteps in it too :/

TriggerEXE
User

on Sunday, December, 12, 2010 11:48 PM
If white piping means higher functions, does that mean Clu has lesser functions upon turning orange? Since he did have the same color as Flynn, which was white. Also, why does Flynn go from a black outfit to white, then back to black again in the movie? What does this mean? Shouldn't Sam have white stripes since he's a user too?

CaptainCR
User

on Monday, December, 13, 2010 2:20 PM
TriggerEXE Wrote:If white piping means higher functions, does that mean Clu has lesser functions upon turning orange? Since he did have the same color as Flynn, which was white. Also, why does Flynn go from a black outfit to white, then back to black again in the movie? What does this mean? Shouldn't Sam have white stripes since he's a user too?

sam has like whitish/bluish circuitry and i think Clu is yellow just to show how he is the evil dictator now and those with red orange are under his command

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

ZexionVI
User

on Monday, December, 13, 2010 4:29 PM
TriggerEXE Wrote:Here's something else though. In the opening movie you see Tron fighting an orange security guard, but they aren't introduced until CLU goes crazy. So where did it come from? o.o

yeah, i was wondering that earlier, but i figured out a sense of possible logic, they could have been the last "rogue guards" that CLU was sending out in the Tron: Betrayal comic. Also, in the first level, Tron mentions something about the emergence of the rogue programs being suspicious because of Radia/Ophelia's inaguration. So, I'm more apt to think tht.
Another thing about the Radia/Ophelia confusion. I believe Ophelia is the name she chose, while Radia is a name she was given when she was made administrator of the ISOs. Kinda to distinguish her as a leader. Kinda like a papal name change.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 14, 2010 12:47 AM
Man, I have to say I found the game fairly grim at the end! It's an amazingly depressing ending if you think about it. Pretty much all the unique characters are dead.

I actually really liked Gibson, for one thing. I wonder if any of these characters could appear in Tron: Uprising since it must take place before Evolution, right?

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

TriggerEXE
User

on Tuesday, December, 14, 2010 1:27 AM
Yeah, they introduce these characters only to off them before its over. I've been playing Battle Grids on Wii and Gibson has shown up in that.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution